View Full Version : Carver's Steak House

HRD2PLZ
05-24-2005, 04:07 PM
Number in Party - 2
Food rating - 9.5 / 10
Ambience - 4 / 5
Service - 9.25 / 10
Average Cost per person: $75.00 inc. drinks and dessert

Went to Carver's with a friend Friday night. Its been years since I was last there and overall it had exceeded my expectations. I thought the atmosphere was fairly pleasant, nice and quiet. Service was good, the servers were forever topping up the wine or the water. Food was reasonably priced, I had the Carribean Lobster since I'm not much of a steak fan. Considering this entree was only $10 more than the Keg, Carvers' seriously blows the Keg out of the water in my mind. Of course, the atmosphere is a little staunchier as we were by far the youngest partons in the restaurant. Dessert is definitely for sharing! If nothing else, its a nice dining experience where you can sit down for a few hours and enjoy drinks, great food and nice conversation.

AsianCaucasian
05-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Where is it located? Is there a dress code?

jumperman8
05-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
Number in Party - 2
Food rating - 9.5 / 10
Ambience - 4 / 5
Service - 9.25 / 10
Average Cost per person: $75.00 inc. drinks and dessert

Went to Carver's with a friend Friday night. Its been years since I was last there and overall it had exceeded my expectations. I thought the atmosphere was fairly pleasant, nice and quiet. Service was good, the servers were forever topping up the wine or the water. Food was reasonably priced, I had the Carribean Lobster since I'm not much of a steak fan. Considering this entree was only $10 more than the Keg, Carvers' seriously blows the Keg out of the water in my mind. Of course, the atmosphere is a little staunchier as we were by far the youngest partons in the restaurant. Dessert is definitely for sharing! If nothing else, its a nice dining experience where you can sit down for a few hours and enjoy drinks, great food and nice conversation.

:werd: super nice place, the food is unreal, and very large portions.

B17a
05-24-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by AsianCaucasian
Where is it located? Is there a dress code?

Sheraton Cavelier up on 32nd ave and barlow NE.
Its an upscale place so its expected you dress half decently.

Zero102
05-25-2005, 01:36 AM
Is this a smoking resteraunt?
(looking for somewhere nice to take the G/F, and she's an asthmatic)

B17a
05-25-2005, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
Is this a smoking resteraunt?
(looking for somewhere nice to take the G/F, and she's an asthmatic)

I'm sure if there is smoking it's in a section away from the main area. I doubt it though, classy place like that probably restricts smoking to the lounge. Call them and ask. BTW, Steak Diane, the best! THey do it all up right next to the table with the flames and all, its great!

HRD2PLZ
05-25-2005, 08:22 AM
If I remember correctly, it was non-smoking. There is a lounge not too far away that is smoking.

jumperman8
05-25-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
If I remember correctly, it was non-smoking. There is a lounge not too far away that is smoking.

Ya, and it is filtered out pretty good, so i dont think she woudl have any reactions, unless she is crazy asthmatic.

Impreza
05-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Awesome place. Best steakhouse in Calgary imo. Go for the Strawberry peppered crepes! yumm!

hampstor
05-31-2005, 10:26 PM
best place to get vendors to take us out for lunch/dinner when we have time :D

they have an amazing shrimp cocktail :drool:

Impreza
06-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by hampstor
best place to get vendors to take us out for lunch/dinner when we have time :D

they have an amazing shrimp cocktail :drool:

Those shrimp are HUGE.

I used to work at Carver's and I must say, it is a very clean and sanitary place as well. Top notch inside the kitchen and in the dining room. Food is always great at Carvers.

abyss
06-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Impreza

Those shrimp are HUGE.

I used to work at Carver's and I must say, it is a very clean and sanitary place as well. Top notch inside the kitchen and in the dining room. Food is always great at Carvers.

That's impressive, normally you don't hear raves from employees, nevermind ex-employees!
So Minh, since it's such a great place all the times you've been there, when were you planning on letting me experience this amazing shrimp cocktail? (you're paying of course! LOL) ;)