PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat: How do you play this game?

treg50
05-25-2005, 11:29 AM
I've never been into the MK series, but I got a chance to try Mortal Kombat: Deception. The graphics look pretty cool and the characters are pretty cool. I just don't understand the gameplay and controls. As a reference I'm more used to Streetfighter and SoulCalibur.

Can of you MK fans tell me what the main diff. in gameplay and mind set is? I can't figure it out. It looks like there's a lot of big button combinations to set off attack moves. I'm not big into Tekken for the same reason. Deception looks like it's got 3 styles you switch to per character during a match! It's crazy, there's a tonne of different moves.

Mortal Kombat! :banghead: :tongue:

oddjob
05-25-2005, 11:33 AM
All I know is:

PRESS back, back, punch. Scorpion should throw his harpoon. hah

Orbie
05-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Better then me, all I know is:

Press down and heavy punch and character should do an uppercut :)

Primer_Drift
05-25-2005, 01:08 PM
Happypuppy.com is your friend if you're a game geek.
All I remember is forward - forward - high kick with Lui Kang <-- funniest character noises of all time

BumpinTalon
05-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift
Happypuppy.com is your friend if you're a game geek.
All I remember is forward - forward - high kick with Lui Kang &lt;-- funniest character noises of all time

the best was the bicycle kick... "whoowhoowhoowhoowhoowhoop woooooooo haaaaaa"

sputnik
05-25-2005, 01:34 PM
Dont forget about the Fatalities (including the uppercut into The Pit) or the hidden characters like Reptile, Smoke and Noob Saibot.

OOOOOOOP-SSIIIIIEEEEEES!

JordanEG6
05-25-2005, 01:40 PM
this new MK has some tekken feel to it. either way, MK sucks...street fighter is way better. the only mk game i ever liked was mk2 for SNES, then it went bad form there

BumpinTalon
05-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
this new MK has some tekken feel to it. either way, MK sucks...street fighter is way better. the only mk game i ever liked was mk2 for SNES, then it went bad form there

the new one, apparently, is pretty good. I keep meaning to try it but I rented Dragonball Budokai 3... and I hate to say it, but GOD DAMN it was fun.

JordanEG6
05-25-2005, 01:48 PM
^^ hehe good old budokai....i just hate the fact that you cant jump...

smash bros. for gc is the shit, mang!

BumpinTalon
05-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
^^ hehe good old budokai....i just hate the fact that you cant jump...

smash bros. for gc is the shit, mang!

haha I'd rather fly then jump.. you just got to double tap back + up or down to fly. the coolest move by far is towards + guard when somebody attacks you, start mashin circle after that and you juggle them back like four times for 800 damage.

izzoblitzo
05-25-2005, 02:20 PM
FINISH HIM!!! TEST YOUR MIGHT!

Man, when that game came out, it changed my whole outlook on fighting games:D

lam-boy
05-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Dont forget about the Fatalities (including the uppercut into The Pit) or the hidden characters like Reptile, Smoke and Noob Saibot.

OOOOOOOP-SSIIIIIEEEEEES!

does he say ooop-siees?
i always thought the dude in the corner said
"Toastyyyy"

MORTAL KOMBAT! dun dun dun dun dun dun dun!

IntegraG2
05-25-2005, 02:56 PM
im pretty sure it was "toasty"...i have to agree with jordanEg6 with the streetfighters. Streetfighter i think is the best game....my favourite was the street fighter 2 turbo or super street fighter II it just got carried away with all the flying air combos and high jumps in the Capcom VS. games.
ohhh i wasnt really feeling street fighter 3 either...that shit was bunk

sputnik
05-25-2005, 03:05 PM
yeah... thats it! it was TOASTY! I think it was also only in MK2 as well. You got to fight Smoke if you caught it or something.

Damn its been a long time since I first played the original in the arcade... skipped many classes in jr high playing it in the local burger joint.

http://www.mortalkombat.ch/lexikon/20.jpg

QuasarCav
05-25-2005, 03:11 PM
When MK2 came out I pretended to be sick and rode my bike to a video game rental store and played it for 3 days straight.

I was in grade 6.

JordanEG6
05-25-2005, 03:18 PM
yeah it was "toasty"....if you press down, select when he says it you'll enter some kind of realm and you end up fighting Smoke. that game was the 'shiiyet" :thumbsup: