PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

lookingforwork
05-25-2005, 11:57 AM
1995 eagle talon esi

i went to the repair shop again to get the front left wheel bearing replaced. one shop quoted me $85.00 for the bearing and labour and another shop said you need to replace the whole hub $160.00 plus labour saying its not just the bearing. i checked out the vin and it is a 1995. the book shows up to 94 wheel bearing and 95 and up is hub replacment. anyone done this repair? and knows for sure.

the car is in saskatchewan and went for out of province inspection where they caught 17 problems that i have to replace all those parts. went to another shop and they caught all the same problems so i know the cars not going to pass inless i pay for all new parts. so just checking with you guys...

lookingforwork
05-25-2005, 12:25 PM
someone once told me that buying parts from dodge was alot of money but buying from some website's or mitsubushi was alot cheaper. anyone know this?

BumpinTalon
05-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Mitsubishi is cheaper. you need the different part numbers though, otherwise they will not show up in their part database. Let me double check that, I might have it backwards.

check the CAPS at http://www.2gnt.com/ , that might help you with the PNs.

EK 2.0
05-25-2005, 12:38 PM
part numbers for Dodge and Mitsu DO interchange...you just have to add an "MB" in front of the Dodge part number and you should be good to go...

and YES Mitsu parts are cheaper at least here in Calgary they are...not sure outside of Alberta though...the only downside...is that a LOT of the time Mitsu will not have the part locally so its either pay 10% to overnight it from Cali...or wait a few days...

lookingforwork
05-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Is there a website for mitsubushi that everyone goes to? or do i just got to mitsubushi dealer?

EK 2.0
05-25-2005, 01:05 PM
I used to just go down to Platinum Mitsu...good people there...

lookingforwork
05-25-2005, 01:19 PM
k thanks