PDA

View Full Version : Racing Seat Install

grover73
05-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Hey all....I just bought some Ractive racing seats for my 94 Golf. Does anybody know how to get the stock seats out of there so I can put the new ones in? I've looked at them and I couldn't find any screws or bolts or anything that are holding them in. If anybody has ANY information please let me know. Thanks

Lo)2enz0
05-26-2005, 05:36 PM
do you have mounts and sliders?

grover73
05-26-2005, 05:39 PM
I have all the sliders and mounts and everything.....The problem is just getting the old seats out.....If anyone knows how to take VW seats out please let me know Thanks again

pikamonk
05-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Eh... take a look under the seat is all I can say. Lift up the carpet and look for bolts. There's not much people can tell you if you can't find he bolts. Grab a haynes manual if you still can't find it.

BlkMaxima
05-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Your kidding right!!

There should be four bolts and a wiring harness for each seat(depends on whether its power or not) The bolts should be 1 per corner. They might under a plastic cover at the ends of the factory rails. Take out the bolts then take out the seat!!!

grover73
05-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Actually....there were no bolts what so ever. All it was was just a small black piece that u squeeze then pull out then the seats just slide out. It seemed wierd to me but I guess thats Volkswagen for ya.