PDA

View Full Version : vandals & thiefs

05-26-2005, 10:54 PM
some people stole my ractive chrome muffler tips today right of my 350z when i was parked in marlborough mall. they also spat on my windshield. i was wondering if i can pursue any action against the mall because the tips set me back 40 a piece n they were jus a few days old.

edited: the spelling errors

cavb0i
05-26-2005, 11:00 PM
File a report nd call your insurance company to get reimbursment for the tips Its only 80 bucks so i doubt ur insurance will go up and then dont park at marlborough mall ever again back when i had my cavalier i caught a guy trying to steal my wipers!!

mac_82
05-26-2005, 11:01 PM
i highly doubt you will be able to do anything against the mall. they would have had nothing to do with the theft of your tips. shittie deal, i hate people that pull shite like that.

Orbie
05-26-2005, 11:01 PM
spitted!? costed!? ahhhhhh:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sorry for the loss, but I highly doubt you'll be able to hold Sunridge mall responsible for thefts in the parking lot.

Kaos
05-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Orbie
Sunridge mall responsible for thefts in the parking lot.

Hahaha he said Marlborough buddy.
As for reporting it, dont even bother.
Just live with the losses of the tips.
Theres not much you can do about it.

05-26-2005, 11:06 PM
yah i editied the spelling errors lol but should i file an insurance claim for it or should i just accept the loss? i kno its not big but shieet nothing like this has ever happened to me so im clueless

Orbie
05-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Kaos

Hahaha he said Marlborough buddy.
As for reporting it, dont even bother.
Just live with the losses of the tips.
Theres not much you can do about it.

oh man haha must have been from all the head banging :)

duffspec
05-27-2005, 07:44 AM
Take care of your ride and stay away from the ghetto!!!!! Nothing but jelious punks and holligans.

BokCh0y
05-27-2005, 08:26 AM
there's not point in filing a claim for like $80. depending on what your deductible is anyways. take the loss pal, clean the windshield, buy new tips and this time take'em to a muffler shop and have them "spot weld" the fuckers on. That way the next time the fuckers try and steal them....good luck. You may not be able to keep them from stealing shit but you can give them one hell of a time trying.

GoChris
05-27-2005, 10:27 AM
if you can afford a 350z, you can afford $80. fucking theifs suck ya, but dont bother going through insurance, that just wont help out your situation.

5hift
05-27-2005, 11:37 AM
I think Malbourough (sp?) is the worst place you can leave your car alone. I met one of my friends there for a smoke once, and it was a really hot day so because I parked my car beside his, I left the sunroof and windows down. Even though my friend's car was right beside my prelude, I had to get out of his car twice just so "interested" passer byers would keep on walking. Half the people that passed the car seemed to just be scanning the inside to see if there was any thing they could grab and run.

FiveFreshFish
05-27-2005, 04:37 PM
I don't even want to park my 22-year-old beater at Marlborough Mall.

240droptop
05-28-2005, 12:10 PM
you own a 350z and your wondering if insurance covers your muffler tips:rolleyes:

schurchill39
05-28-2005, 02:12 PM
common dont start that kind of shit. yea dude its harsh but for something thats only 80 i doubt insurance will do anything. do like B0kch0y (sp?) said and buy new ones and get them spot welded. I live in medicine hat but from all the bad stuff i have heard about that mal its defintly one i am going to stay away from when i come up

240john
05-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by 240droptop
you own a 350z and your wondering if insurance covers your muffler tips:rolleyes:

what does having a 350Z have to do with this? someone jacked his muffler tips, he has insurance, they will cover it regardless because he is paying them for insurance.

Barlow
05-29-2005, 12:32 AM
no dude, you have to know about deductible, the lower you want your payments the higher you have usually, me being young and havine written off one car have a 500 deductible meaning if my 80 buck muffler tips were to get stolen my insurance company would laugh at me, now say like the other month when my car got the shit kicked out of it and somewhat played baseball with my mirrors and ecided to steal my skirts and try'd to steal my back bumper, and other things, then insuarnace may have been a feasible option, but i din;t go through insurance still because of the risk of them thinking I'm young and it will prob happen again, do i ate the 2800$ after discount and said hey

this is one way of me getting my modded civic back to stock

hockeybronx
05-29-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by duffspec
Take care of your ride and stay away from the ghetto!!!!! Nothing but jelious punks and holligans.

:werd:

I hate having to leave my car anywhere around there, you never know but crap can happen.

Xtrema
05-29-2005, 09:19 AM
Stay away from the ghetto is probably the best answer you're gonna get.

BokCh0y
05-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 240john

what does having a 350Z have to do with this? someone jacked his muffler tips, he has insurance, they will cover it regardless because he is paying them for insurance.

you must be the only person in the world that would claim for small things. let me ask you this, do you have insurance? do you even know how it works? who the hell in their right mind would claim an $80 exhaust tip? regardless whether he goes through insurance you have to understand that with insurance there is a deductible. Yes in theory they will cover the tips but you have to take the overall cost into thought. Think about the deductible and the amount of time it would waste to file a claim like this.

Lets say he has a $250 deductible. Means no matter the damage, vandalism or whatever the insurance company will cover everything except the dedcutible, in this case $250. In otherwords if he was the to claim $80 for his exhaust tips (which is a waste of time IMO) the insurance wouldn't even cover this as he would still have to pay out the difference - $170. on top of that with most insurance companies they let you get away with 1 claimn but if you have more or previous claims they add up and WILL affect his rates.

If your gonna claim insurance make it worth while. Don't claim for little things. This is considered small fries. Like I said before take this as a lessoned learned and spot weld your replacment tips on.

eclipseqt
05-29-2005, 03:01 PM
so this deductable needs to be paid when filing a claim? never filed a claim before so im kinda new to this insuarance claiming!

lam-boy
05-29-2005, 03:09 PM
yeah you have to pay a deductable to file a claim.
250 - 500 - 1000
i think those are the prices

eclipseqt
05-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy
yeah you have to pay a deductable to file a claim.
250 - 500 - 1000
i think those are the prices

So would that be comprehension? I want to know how much mine is :D

BokCh0y
05-29-2005, 04:14 PM
depending on the coverage you have. If all you have is PLPD then chances are you have no deductible cuz if you get in an accident and it is your fault.....your car isn't gonna get fixed anyways hence PLPD.

If you have FULL coverage, then retardless what happens you are covered.

However you will have to pay for the deductible. Meaning if you crashed you car even though it is your fault you just have to pay your share. If the cost to repair your car is $1500 then the insurance company will cover $1250 and the remaining $250 is your responsibility - this assuming your deductible is $250. The higher your deductible is the lower your insurance is but when you get like broken into, and your deductible is like $1000 even though your car stereo is worth $1100 you will still have to pay the $1000 and the insurance company will cover the difference, in this case $100.

So if 350 was to go through insurance for the $80, it would cost him more overall then to take it as a lesson learned.

05-29-2005, 06:48 PM
thanx for the advise guys BokCh0y especially i just bought some new tips and had them spot welded on today :thumbsup:

ricosuave
06-13-2005, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by eclipseqt

So would that be comprehension? I want to know how much mine is :D

ever think of calling your insurance company and asking them?

ever think of asking them about your insurance in general?
:rolleyes:

rico