PDA

View Full Version : Purolator is unbelievable

GucciBoy
05-27-2005, 10:52 AM
I get a shipment sent from BC last Thurs for overnight to get here Fri. They somehow lose the package, but I figured I would allow an extra day (Monday) to arrive. Monday, I get another shipment sent out from the same location for overnight to get here Tues, Purolator then again loses that package!!! Purolator then calls back saying they found the first package and they would get it to me overnight (wed) - nothing shows wed. I call Purolator back, they say they now cant find that first original package! Unbelievable! So here its 8 days after the original shipment was made and I should have received it a week ago - lets see if this 3rd one gets here today. :drama: They said overnight comes in the A.M. hmmm. Im gonna go ballistic if it doesnt show up today!

brandon
05-27-2005, 10:56 AM
If they lost your first package why the hell would you send your second one with them? And if they lost your second one they should be no way in hell you should send your third with them?!!

wtf lol

GucciBoy
05-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by brandon
If they lost your first package why the hell would you send your second one with them? And if they lost your second one they should be no way in hell you should send your third with them?!!

wtf lol

no my buddy is sending out stuff from his work since hes a supplier, they have lots and i need one asap thats why lol. He has no choice, as puro is their company courier.

DUBBED
05-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Couldn't he just take it to the Fedex office after work?

GucciBoy
05-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by DUBBED
Couldn't he just take it to the Fedex office after work?

no i guess not, company doesnt cover it with fedex. puro cant be this bad all the time, i guess im just having bad lucky - really bad luck! :( :(

Aleks
05-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Lol are you sending really really tiny packages? JK sorry about your troubles usually it's not that bad.

GucciBoy
05-27-2005, 11:06 AM
^ nah its like shoebox size.

i dont get how they can lose it 3x

GucciBoy
05-27-2005, 11:07 AM
if its not here by noon, i gotta call 'er up again grr

HRD2PLZ
05-27-2005, 11:10 AM
We had lots of problems with Purolator here at work too. We now use DHL (Loomis) and Fed-Ex. They all have their weak moments though... afterall, they are just couriers...

interlude
05-27-2005, 11:25 AM
I work for purolator. PM me the waybill numbers and ill try to help you out.

As for losing packages in the system, its possible, when you get your packages, check and see if he clearly wrote your name and address on the box.. AND on the waybill. Sometimes the waybill gets torn off or falls off.. whatever the case may be, the only way for us to find out who the package goes to, is the address written on the package itself

5hift
05-27-2005, 11:56 AM
My dads company does a huge amount of shipping and recieving. I was talking to the guy who handles the shipping and he deals with pretty much every major shipping company (UPS,FEd Ex, DHL etc) on a daily basis. From what I've seen, if your dealing with them regularily, every company loses a package or two of yours and its rare that they ever make it on time where they are supposed to be. A lot of the time its usually not the fault of the company but who ever they contract the delivery out to (they do this a lot in Calgary). In his opinion the worst is DHL, because each truck is individualy operated. So your really at the mercy of the competence of who ever has your package given to them from DHL to deliver. Some times I've tracked packages to find out they've arrived in Calgary 4 days ago and that the truck driver just didnt get around to delivering it, when it only took 2-3 days to come from overseas.

xkon
05-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Khali
My dads company does a huge amount of shipping and recieving. I was talking to the guy who handles the shipping and he deals with pretty much every major shipping company (UPS,FEd Ex, DHL etc) on a daily basis. From what I've seen, if your dealing with them regularily, every company loses a package or two of yours and its rare that they ever make it on time where they are supposed to be. A lot of the time its usually not the fault of the company but who ever they contract the delivery out to (they do this a lot in Calgary). In his opinion the worst is DHL, because each truck is individualy operated. So your really at the mercy of the competence of who ever has your package given to them from DHL to deliver. Some times I've tracked packages to find out they've arrived in Calgary 4 days ago and that the truck driver just didnt get around to delivering it, when it only took 2-3 days to come from overseas.

My last job involved alot of shipping and I thought DHL was the best... Puro was pretty bad, I bought my rims from a guy in BC and it was supposed to be $50 for ground shipping. The pickup driver checked the 'air' box and I had to pay $350... all for one day sooner. Haven't used them since and don't plan to again. DHL, that has happened with them and unlike Puro when you call to question it they don't fight you, they just fix it. Once I sent something to BC through DHL and it was accidentally sent 'air'... i called to complain (even though it was my fault) and they changed it to ground for me... saving me from catching a lot of shit!

Proyecto2000
05-27-2005, 12:25 PM
I had bad experiances with billing when using purolator. with DHL a get a few shipments that arrive 2 days later to their destinations.

so GucciBoy is Purolator going to give you money for the lost packages?

xkon
05-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Proyecto2000
I had bad experiances with billing when using purolator. with DHL a get a few shipments that arrive 2 days later to their destinations.

Don't even get me started about Puro's billing - every single collect shipment would end up biting me in the ass. Receiver says nope, bill comes to me... no choice. Thats when I cut out Puro completely.

GucciBoy
05-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Proyecto2000

well its my buds company who has a corporate account with puro. i dont have to pay anything, but just alot of trouble and waiting. And what do you know, I didnt get my pkg AGAIN this morning, they said Monday 9am sharp forsure! We will see about that! :(

Just get that damn pkg to me! Sometime before Christmas would be nice.

Mazstyle
05-28-2005, 01:12 AM
All shipping companies always contract out to other companies. Candapost uses purolator <I've heard canadapost owns purolator> Purolator uses DHL for overseas stuff, and most couriers use trucking companies for ground shipments....

UPS is the worst for ridiculous brokerage fees.

But Canadapost is the worst by far... They hardly ever scan the packages so they're almost impossible to trace when you do have a tracking number.

danno567
05-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Had an item shipped from Ontario to Calgary. The box had more holes in it than a brick of swiss cheese. They were the worst company to deal with too. The guy down at the dt location was a real bitch.

GucciBoy
05-29-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by danno567
Had an item shipped from Ontario to Calgary. The box had more holes in it than a brick of swiss cheese. They were the worst company to deal with too. The guy down at the dt location was a real bitch.

5th ave? LMAO yip! been there! asian guy