PDA

View Full Version : New to Calgary need good paint job

Jedi_Master
05-27-2005, 02:06 PM
Hi all...I need to get my 93 RX7 painted. There is NO rust so I just need a good solid paint job with clear coat protection. Would like to have a professional job for under 3K...can anyone help direct me to an appropriate place??

THX

Sorath
05-27-2005, 02:08 PM
national collision :thumbsup:

GSR Zero
05-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Give Maranello a call. They've always done a great job for me.

dymz999
05-27-2005, 07:39 PM
Never goto Maranello's, what A-holes and I mean that. goto national collision if you like your car.

Those P*ssies at Maranello are afraid of even a hint of rust man or for that matter body work. The guys at national do amazing work for a really good price. The quality of the paint that the guys at national did was great. I found the people at maranello's just acted like stuck up snobs.

not to mention national won't BS you. Nice honest people.

Jedi_Master
05-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Ya Ive heard lots of good things about National Collision...I think there was a guy who owns a silver 94 RX7 that got it done there recently...Im gonna call them soon!

Anyone else recommend other places??

Weapon_R
05-28-2005, 12:22 AM
National is not on par with Maranello's. If you can afford to take your car to Maranello's, go for it. They are the premier body shop in the Calgary area.

JAYMEZ
05-28-2005, 12:29 AM
I just got my 93 RX-7 painted at nationals , go there , Derrick is an awesome guy!

AllGoNoShow
05-28-2005, 01:03 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85560

Search and open ur eyes next time before you post. Btw this is detailing a car care, like keeping it shiney AFTER you paint just so you know.

Jedi_Master
05-28-2005, 10:09 AM
that thread sucks...anyone who works for the place can just throw their name in there...id rather have people who used places and maybe has before/after pics to show me...

C4S
05-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by GSR Zero
Give Maranello a call. They've always done a great job for me.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah .. call 230-8900 .. your car is still a nice car, even 12 yr old, and I am sure you want a good job for it! :D

Gerry is a great guy to deal with, their price is fair too! (of course, more then average .. but u will see Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, BMW etc .. in their shop .. :D )

They did lots of FD too .. :thumbsup:

01RedDX
05-28-2005, 11:30 AM

\JCAR/
05-28-2005, 12:47 PM
yo dude call CFX auto ask for carver abbs. 561-0892 he will do all the work and should have it done in a couple of days for under 3k

hes got a photo album of all his work or you can call him and ask him to send you some pics of his cars he even paints alot of baby grands for race city.

civicrider
05-28-2005, 12:48 PM
^
i sell paint to those guys so you know the paint is good:thumbsup:

\JCAR/
05-28-2005, 12:51 PM
yeah man we get some awsome paint from you guys that silver we picked up was pretty sweet.

civicrider
05-28-2005, 12:52 PM
good to hear PPG ownz

GSR Zero
05-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by C4S

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah .. call 230-8900 .. your car is still a nice car, even 12 yr old, and I am sure you want a good job for it! :D

Gerry is a great guy to deal with, their price is fair too! (of course, more then average .. but u will see Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, BMW etc .. in their shop .. :D )

They did lots of FD too .. :thumbsup:

Actually I've never found Gerry's pricing to be that bad. When I was getting some quotes from a few shops, Gerry was actually cheaper or comparable to most of the shops out there. Oh ya I believe they are the shop of choice from the BMW dealership in Crowfoot.

dymz999
05-29-2005, 11:20 AM
When I called maranello and took my car there they acted like complete assholes before giving me a quote which was ridiculous. Funny thing here is. I went to national paid $4600 for full body work, body kit install, paint and everything. Maranello's wanted just under 6k and well they wont deal with your car if it has any and i mean any rust.

So what if they have ferrari's, lambo's and other crap like that there. I'd rather walk into national and see the cars there which are just as nice and more on par.

AllGoNoShow
05-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master
that thread sucks...anyone who works for the place can just throw their name in there...id rather have people who used places and maybe has before/after pics to show me...

Actually every place on that list is submitted and gathered off this site, I don't go through the Yellow pages and pick out names or call up shops and ask them to be added to the list, if people submit the shop they used I post it up for them.

I've posted pictures fo civicriders work to help him get business, if anyone else here actualy has pictures of the bodyshops work they have done I would be glad to add it and help people out.

And just so you know, if you want a paint job done by a shop, you can walk in, ask them to let them check out the back and see how the work is done, if they say no, u leave, if they say sure and you dont like it, u leave, if they say sure and you like the way they work and paint, then you go with them, you should never just go by personal assumption on this site anyways.

afrotl
05-31-2005, 08:05 PM
Go to National I called them today because there was a gap b/n my back door and the body of me car......Derrick asked me to come by for him to take a look at it and he fixed it in about 20 minutes and even fixed my drivers side too with no charge and said have a good day. I even asked him about some mods for my TL and he was straight up with me about what is good, worth it and what will will be a waste of money. Now tht is service. GO to NATIONAL most people I talk to recommend them.

AllGoNoShow
05-31-2005, 11:14 PM
That is excellent customer service, I bet you if u went and told him that too he would be thankful because of it.

I know when I worked more with customers, you try your best, but sometimes you never hear if its good, you always hear the few bad ones because they always bitch, I wish more people would tell you thanks or something along the lines, makes you feel like its actually worth working there.

afrotl
06-01-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
That is excellent customer service, I bet you if u went and told him that too he would be thankful because of it.

I know when I worked more with customers, you try your best, but sometimes you never hear if its good, you always hear the few bad ones because they always bitch, I wish more people would tell you thanks or something along the lines, makes you feel like its actually worth working there.

Oh yeah I did and I told him I will be referring all my boys to his shop. I know what you mean when you do something good you hardly hear of it but do something bad and customer will rant and rave.....even though you have done good 90% of the time. I usually let people know when they have given me good customer service and I tell others about it.