PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP on a Mac

Z24_3.1
05-27-2005, 08:13 PM
anyone know if i can convert a mac laptop to become XP? cuz i hate using the apple (macs) htey suck lol anyone know if i can change it to xp ..........................

thanks...

sabad66
05-27-2005, 08:26 PM
No. Hell no.

Davetronz
05-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Yup,
What you need to do is take out all the components from the Ibook or Powerbook. Once that is done, you need to take all the components out of a Toshiba, HP, Compaq, Acer, NEC, Cicero, Dell or other non-Mac laptop and put them into the Mac shell.

As long as you can make everything fit (duct tape and glue works awesome) you will be able to run Windows on your Mac.

Davetronz
05-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Seriously,
You can run VMWare from the Mac if you have enough RAM to emulate a Windows environment.

3G
05-27-2005, 09:55 PM
Someone told me back in the day that you can run Windows on a Mac but you can't run MacOS on a PC...Never seen it happen though

wildrice
05-27-2005, 10:11 PM
yea Vmare workstations would be your best bet.

Kamen
05-27-2005, 10:28 PM
That's just inefficient. Why don't you just not use a freaking mac then?

90s_tuner
05-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Virtual pc does the trick but its slower than my 1.6 litre automatic civic that has 80 compression on all 4 cylinders.

D'z Nutz
05-28-2005, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by 3G
Someone told me back in the day that you can run Windows on a Mac but you can't run MacOS on a PC...Never seen it happen though

Nope. You can install PearPC and run a Mac OS emulator on your PC. But like pretty much all emulators running software designed for a different architecture, it... is.... sloooooooooooooooow...... !!

Xaroxantu Zero
05-28-2005, 02:22 AM
Sell the Mac and buy a Windows laptop. :rolleyes:

hampstor
05-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Z24_3.1
anyone know if i can convert a mac laptop to become XP? cuz i hate using the apple (macs) htey suck lol anyone know if i can change it to xp ..........................

thanks...

if you don't like it, then sell it and get something cheap - such as an acer.

5hift
05-28-2005, 02:57 PM
why would you want to run windows if you have a mac in the first place. Apple operating systems are designed better and much more reliable than any windows version released

Z24_3.1
05-28-2005, 05:42 PM
thanks guys lol

eblend
05-28-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Khali
why would you want to run windows if you have a mac in the first place. Apple operating systems are designed better and much more reliable than any windows version released

gosh apple geeks drive me nuts, use windows xp then talk please, just cuz your last experience with windows was in 95 doesn't mean things didn't change in last 10 years

i was at compusmart and microsoft has some sort of a program that allows you to run xp on the laptop, not sure about the name, maybe its the one someone mentioned already

pikamonk
05-28-2005, 09:30 PM
Yeah... the whole reason to owning a mac is because of OSX (well mac os's in general) I just "switched" about 2 weeks ago. It's been a rough transition. I LOVE XP, it is the best OS ms has put out, but spyware/malware, virus's got on my nerves. I hated the fact that I was forced to install windows (disconnected from the internet) have zonealarm, AVG and spybot predownloaded and burnt onto a disc, then installed after a format before even thinking about connecting to the internet.

On my mac I have no antivirus running, no firewall(although i should have one) and I'm having more fun then ever. I still have the desktop for gaming and CAD... but that's about all I use it for. Video editing, photo editing, any other tasks you'd want to perform are just so much more do-able and less stressful on my powerbook.

But onto the question. Sell the mac.(I'll honestly look at buying if you're selling a decent model - g4 ibook/pb) PC's are cheap nowadays and you'd be stupid to run less capable hardware(on the mac) crippling it more by running an emulator and using xp on apple's processor structure. Just doesn't make sense unless you are forced to use an application on the mac which sounds pretty ludacris considering it's usually the other way around ;)

eblend
05-30-2005, 05:46 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/virtualpc/virtualpc.aspx

try that

Xtrema
05-30-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by pikamonk
On my mac I have no antivirus running, no firewall(although i should have one) and I'm having more fun then ever.

Computer virus is same as STD, the more popular you are, the more you get.

Since Mac OS is human equivalent of a Star Wars geek, antivirus isn't really required.

Let the flaming begin.... :D

Davetronz
05-30-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Computer virus is same as STD, the more popular you are, the more you get.

Since Mac OS is human equivalent of a Star Wars geek, antivirus isn't really required.

Let the flaming begin.... :D
HAHAHAHAHAHA BEST POST EVAR!

MidnightDreamer
05-31-2005, 01:18 AM
LOL... macs suc... But you have to admit the macs are sexy... I could never deal with the OS tho... too foreign... Plus all the cool kids are doing XP...

ronaldo
05-31-2005, 02:51 PM
not worth the time or hassle