PDA

View Full Version : Lean Diet Questions....

omes
05-28-2005, 02:20 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for some previous great advice out there, I have somemore questions.....I have been training pretty seriously for the past couple of weeks and my goals are to maintain/build muscle and lose body fat.

1) When I go out what is a good alcohol drink, that won't nullify my workouts. I have been drinking Barcardi "O" and water and Raspberry Stolie and water, from what I have been told they are little to not carbs, and don't taste too bad, although very expensive to buy at the bar.
- Any other suggestions, i like beer but anyone reccommend a beer....I usually drink corona or coors light. I am trying to stay off alcohol but when i do need to go out and blow off steam :-) any suggestions?
- I really like gin and tonic...how bad is it?

2) Need help with Chicken! I have been bbqing it...(tired of it) or broiling a 6 pack in the stove and refridgerating it then nuking it and eating it with salsa and fat free sour cream or just cutting it up plain in my salad. Anyone with any suggestions or some quick chicken tips and a better way to cook it would help so much. I know stirfry's are a good idea but putting a sugary sauce on it to make it taste good concerns me.

Thanks in Advance.
Omes:banghead:

5hift
05-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Alcohol as a whole slows your body's metabolism down, so it doesnt matter what you drink or how low the calories are, its going to slow down ur metabolic rate.

If you dont drink regularily, and only once in a while, you should treat yourself to what you actually like so you can enjoy it (its not going to be healthy either way). Having cheats from your diets once in a while is what keeps you sane anyways.

As for your chicken, you might find it easier if you just get pre cut breasts from your butcher/grocery store etc. Just bbq them all at once and refridgerate them. Stir frys are good but I find it better just to season the breast a bit and eat it with a plate full of vegtables. If you bbq it instead of grilling/baking it , you dont really need much in terms of seasoning/sauces and it still tastes pretty good.

hockeybronx
05-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Most types of alcoholic beverages not only have a crapload of carbohydrates in them, they also dehydrate you as well. If you are that concerned about alcohol effecting your fitness then perhaps limit your "nights out" to once a week or less.

A great variation of chicken is slicing it up real small and having it as part of a chicken ceaser salad, or chicken ceaser wrap. Try that, but you don't have to always have chicken, be sure to throw some lean ground beef, pork, or fish into your diet every once in a while.:thumbsup:

1-Cent
05-28-2005, 06:10 PM
Hard alcohol is much better for you than beer... although neither are "good" for you lol. Dehydration is a big issue for both, but the hard stuff pretty much has 0 carbs and 0 cals, depends what it is, but most are like that. Gin a tonic is always good, rum and coke (diet if you're cutting), vodka/oj screwdriver... mmmm
Beer is easily the worst though

pitwipe
05-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Or smoke something to de-stress... if you can keep the munchies at bay.

codo
05-29-2005, 10:34 AM
fuck ive been haveing the same problem as well, problem is though i hate hard liquor but then again i probably only get really really drunk once a week so it's probably fine to just have beer right?