PDA

View Full Version : Hey..to alll you bike know it all's ..is this a good deal..?????

LaughingTiger
01-15-2003, 04:26 PM
99 GSX-R 600 13,000km 2 year warrenty, new helment .. and deal on jacket ...............$6999.. + tax......????

from Dealer......

Is it good...??? I need some opinions ...I'm thinkin of buyin it in Feb, then storing it till open season...

Thanx.....

RX-7_TWINTURBO
01-15-2003, 04:29 PM
sound's not too bad but it is a 4 year old bike ....

mrmattyk
01-15-2003, 04:30 PM
Well it's a good deal given all the freebies. The kilometres are pretty low (about 50-60k that would compare on a car engine). The warrantly is good as long as it covers parts and labour. Helmets are pretty damn expensive too! Jackets are like 900 bucks, so if it's a good deal on the jacket.

That seems like a pretty solid deal, and that's a nice bike. Plus if you are buying a bike from a dealer it comes in very good condition. Shop around a bit, but that seems like a good deal.

gpomp
01-15-2003, 04:44 PM
My bro bought a 99 F4 with 5000km with jacket, helmet, and gloves for less than that and without tax last year.. No warranty though.

But that price seems pretty reasonable if you're buying it from the dealer.

LaughingTiger
01-15-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
My bro bought a 99 F4 with 5000km with jacket, helmet, and gloves for less than that and without tax last year.. No warranty though.

Yeah but this gixxers are usually a bit more expensive then the CBR's I heard... they are one of the most expensive jap bikes.. I think.. correct me if I'm wrong...

LaughingTiger
01-15-2003, 04:50 PM
The best thing is the warrenty... I'm scared to get a used bike w/ a fuked trans..you know..!!

gpomp
01-15-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by LaughingTiger
The best thing is the warrenty... I'm scared to get a used bike w/ a fuked trans..you know..!!

Well, then you sell it and buy a new one. :D

sml
01-16-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by LaughingTiger

Yeah but this gixxers are usually a bit more expensive then the CBR's I heard... they are one of the most expensive jap bikes.. I think.. correct me if I'm wrong...

All Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda bikes in the same class (600) are around the same price, plus or minus $500... Some might have higher resale values than others just like Honda vs. Mazda, Nissan, Toyota cars. And the CBR DID came with a 1yr warranty!!! Why else did you think I bought a used bike without checking it first!?! BTW, first bike/beginner bike, I highly DO NOT recommend a GSXR... it's too unforgiving... I wouldn't know personally but, my friend crashed his GSXR1000 and got a 954RR, he told me that if he did the same thing in the 954RR that he did in the GSXR1000 when he crashed, he wouldn't of crashed.

Dave P
01-16-2003, 01:59 PM
I think its a good deal. The warrenty is a very good deal as the bike is used.

What is the jacket? Is it free or just a good deal.

Are you going to buy the bike or finance it?

DAVE P

dogstar
01-17-2003, 02:56 PM
gixxers are good bikes, you just need to realize, theyre almost race bikes, in that they arent very comfortable for most people, and they are picky.

you cant push them too far at first, although they do communicate whats going on to the rider, you need to be able to read the bike. if you cant figure out what the bikes telling you, itll let you touch pavement.

probably what happened in the tale of the guy above, but dont let that one frighten you too much, as big liter bikes are a lot different than a 600 class.

is it going to be your first bike? if so, and you havent taken the courses, go take the riding courses, theyll save your life.

and yeah, thats a pretty good price. figure if you take off 900 bucks for the helmet and jacket deal, your lookin at a 6000 bike.

LaughingTiger
01-18-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by dogstar
gixxers are good bikes, you just need to realize, theyre almost race bikes, in that they arent very comfortable for most people, and they are picky.

you cant push them too far at first, although they do communicate whats going on to the rider, you need to be able to read the bike. if you cant figure out what the bikes telling you, itll let you touch pavement.

probably what happened in the tale of the guy above, but dont let that one frighten you too much, as big liter bikes are a lot different than a 600 class.

is it going to be your first bike? if so, and you havent taken the courses, go take the riding courses, theyll save your life.

and yeah, thats a pretty good price. figure if you take off 900 bucks for the helmet and jacket deal, your lookin at a 6000 bike.

Thanx dude...that's the best info anyone has gave me yet... It's my first bike, I do have a little experience but it's diff...I used to race motorcross... but I know it's alot diff... I love the gixxer's though... it's my style...

LaughingTiger
01-22-2003, 07:35 PM
Well I went in to buy the bike the other day and it was SOLD...!!!

:banghead: If you are the one who bought it, fuck you.....!!!

dogstar
01-22-2003, 11:21 PM
sorry to hear that man, but look around, there are a few bikes at that price in edmonton.

if i hear of anything really good up here ill let you know.

strlen
01-26-2003, 11:58 PM
Very nice deal, actually. My friend is selling his CBR F4, 2000 model year with 6,000 miles (roughly 10,000 km I'd suppose), for $7700 (that's US so it's like $10k Canadian?).

ecstasy_civic
01-31-2003, 11:55 PM
whooow 10k for a non-fuel injected bike! holy shit.

you could buy a 2002 for that.

Neons4life
02-06-2003, 12:26 AM
You should buy my bike
2002 Suzuki GSX-R 600(6000kms)
blue, and white.
Was dropped on the left side(MINNOR scratches)
comes with 2 jackets(Joe Rocket/Alpine Star)
can't remember the helmet w/ blue visor(good one though)
Frank Thomas boots(size 10)(gortex)
Frank Thomas pants(gortex)

Asking 9000

James

gpomp
02-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by strlen
Very nice deal, actually. My friend is selling his CBR F4, 2000 model year with 6,000 miles (roughly 10,000 km I'd suppose), for $7700 (that's US so it's like $10k Canadian?).

I can buy a brand new F4i for 8700 Canadian.

RiCE-DaDDy
02-10-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

You forget pomp that the jacket and helmet were really crappy haha

sml
02-10-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

You forget pomp that the jacket and helmet were really crappy haha

Hey, a penny not spent is a penny saved... Even if your car came with crappy tires, you can still drive around with it, but if it didn't, then you're shelling out the bucks whether you like it or not.

kevie88
02-10-2003, 07:35 PM
Crap safety gear on a motorcycle is not economy. You'll find out what I mean by that.