PDA

View Full Version : Crowfoot BMW

kaput
01-15-2003, 08:18 PM

GTS Jeff
01-15-2003, 08:20 PM
i heard it was owned by the same guy that owns calgary bmw?

FiveFreshFish
01-15-2003, 08:20 PM
Sounds nice! They keep vehicle inventory underground?

FiveFreshFish
01-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R

Yup, same owners so there really isn't any new competition.

max_boost
01-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Wow! I have to check this new dealer out! Sounds like they have quite the operation going on!

91_Integz
01-15-2003, 08:22 PM

Yeah that's true. My buddy works there as a mechanic...

GTS Jeff
01-15-2003, 08:27 PM
mmm thats shitty then.

Nix87
01-15-2003, 08:55 PM
I know the guy who designed the buildin for them but ive yet to check it out. It was lookin pretty sweet last i saw it.

Nick

Mr. Grinch
01-15-2003, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the post. I got a notice in the mail that they were opening in January but no specific day.

It's a hassle taking my vehicle to the auto-mall so I'm glad there is one closer. I hope the service dept ready. I wonder how many employees are coming from the automall location.

My experience was not great with Calgary BMW. 2002 M3, took 3 months to get a headlight fixed, 6 months to repair another defect, and a few other issues. The wait for service appointments is often 3 weeks or more.

My last few visits have been good, but boy did it take a long time to get there... at one point I had to get the service writer, service manager, and a technician outside, in front of my car, to resolve that one issue that took 6 months.

I got the car at Regina BMW / Dilawri. The manager of sales there told me that the two in Calgary and the dealer there all have the same owner. I got the car there because the sales staff at the dealer here couldn't or wouldn't give me the time of day. Funny thing was, the Mercedes dealer seemed more more interested in getting my business. Anyways I walked into the dealer in Regina, put down my deposit and had a #1 spot on the wait list, this was in 2000.

The service for my 95 Accord has gone much more smoothly in comparison. I've been taking it to Crowfoot Village Honda for 7 years now and no complaints. The few times I had an issue it was quickly resolved. I've been driving for about 20 years now and I used to do some auto repair and body work, and I think they are among the best places I've ever dealt with for service.

Sales wise... Honda dealers... thats another story.

kaput
01-15-2003, 10:16 PM

D'z Nutz
01-15-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Grinch
My experience was not great with Calgary BMW.

Welcome to the rest of the Calgarian BMW population... :rolleyes:

Mr. Grinch
01-15-2003, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the post Nutz. Before I got my car, I spoke to one of the Calgary BMW salespeople about getting the car at their sister dealer in Regina. I was informed in no uncertain terms that if I got the car elsewhere, that I would only get poor service from Calgary BMW. I had been ready to put down a deposit, even if it was for a #12 spot, if we could agree on the deposit amount. But that statement just turned me off completely, totally backfired you could say.

But I'm getting the impression that even people that did buy from Calgary BMW aren't too happy with the service?

Kaput:
I've had the best luck dealing with Julius. But of course it's the luck of the draw. I make sure they know exactly what I want done, bringing in a printed request with my info and items to do. I let them know what work I am approving now and to call me for anything extra. They always do. When I pick up the car, I do a once-over to make sure everything is OK. Usually it is.

Once they replaced the heater fan and left the glovebox screws out, so that when I opened it, it fell on the floor. I walked in and said the glovebox had just dropped out, and the service writer was saying but we never touched it... and I said the only way to get to the heater fan is by removing the glovebox, check the shop manual... then he was "oh, sorry" and fixed it right away.

There've been a few other incidents, but I've always been able to work them out, even if it took a few weeks, vs months with the M3. I don't like the fact that their service staff has changed so much... it used to be they all knew me and I knew all of them, but now only two of them know me.

Whatever the issue, call them up, tell them you like to discuss it in person at some time, and see if they resolve it. If after that point they still don't get it, then by all means, consider your other options.

A friend used to take her car to HighRiver but that's a bit far for me. She was happy with the service there.

P.S. when I was trying to get on the wait list for M3, I contacted several dealers across Canada. Some were ready to take deposits in 1999, while others did not until much later. Dilawri wasn't taking deposits until late 2000. Some wanted as much as 10K for deposits, others much less. Brian Jessel in Vancouver was the first one to accept a deposit of $2k, no problem at all. Dilawri accepted $2k, but then later said that they had bent the rules and that the standard deposit required by BMW Canada for the car would have been $10k. Calgary BMW started asking over $5K but at one point it was as low as $500, esp when the markets took a dive. Saskatoon was asking for $10K deposit as well and quoted the price as about 80K before tax even when it was 69K on the BMW.CA web site.

Regardless, if you follow the BMW forums from our friends south of the border, you hear of markups exceeding 15 or 20%, especially in the San Fran area. Makes you feel lucky to be paying MSRP.

enixt
01-15-2003, 10:50 PM
good to see u, Mr. Grinch...:D

Melinda
01-15-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by kaput
the guy I talked to was great (not an ass despite my obvious lack of money, like I've heard they can be at the other dealership)

He took me downstairs and showed me where they would be keeping the new cars.

Who was the guy you were talking to?

Mel

D'z Nutz
01-15-2003, 11:48 PM
But I'm getting the impression that even people that did buy from Calgary BMW aren't too happy with the service?

Do a search on google for "Calgary BMW" and see what the first hit is....

I remember one time I went with my dad to Calgary BMW to take a look at an M Roadster and the salesperson was a total ass. You could tell he didn't want to help us. The only time he ever spoke was when my dad asked him a question about the car. Other than that, he just stood there with his hands behind his back watching us like we were going to get the car dirty or something. You should've seen the look on his face when we drove off in an NSX! :rofl:

That's not to say all the salespeople are bad. There was one particular salesman that was very helpful when we went to take a look at the 330's.

Of course, there were other incidents with their service department I'm not particularily impressed about...

max_boost
01-15-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

I remember one time I went with my dad to Calgary BMW to take a look at an M Roadster and the salesperson was a total ass. You could tell he didn't want to help us. The only time he ever spoke was when my dad asked him a question about the car. Other than that, he just stood there with his hands behind his back watching us like we were going to get the car dirty or something. You should've seen the look on his face when we drove off in an NSX! :rofl:

That's not to say all the salespeople are bad. There was one particular salesman that was very helpful when we went to take a look at the 330's.

Of course, there were other incidents with their service department I'm not particularily impressed about...

You went to go look at a MCoupe and drove off with a NSX on the same day!??! :eek: :eek: :eek: High Roller!:thumbsup:

Lo)2enz0
01-16-2003, 12:06 AM
all we need is a nissan up here and we are set in the NW.

Laurier

Stratus_Power
01-16-2003, 12:07 AM
haha i only been there once and it was during Xmas when we went car shopping ... but im not going to say bad service cuz i didnt recieve any. Our whole family went in ( 4 of us ).. we were there for about 30 mins because i couldn't stop drooling over the M3 and the Ferrari :D but for the whole time no one came help us !! ( even after we were checking out the 3-seris as a family, try seating outselves in the front, at the back.. etc)

and my dad was pissed that no one came to hepl us so he just said screw it.

GTS Jeff
01-16-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
all we need is a nissan up here and we are set in the NW.

Laurier stadium nissan FOO

szw
01-16-2003, 12:42 AM
boooo on stadium

Lo)2enz0
01-16-2003, 08:55 AM
stadium nissan FOO

I was refering to crowfoot, seeing how we have honda, acura, toyota, ford, dodge, saturn, Bmw and basically we are just missing nissan. basically almost everything.

Laurier

MistaBrent
01-16-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Sounds nice! They keep vehicle inventory underground?

Pretty much all car dealerships keep the new cars underground (atleast the $30,000 + cars)

MistaBrent
01-16-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Yeah . I have no plans on buying a BMW but I did want to check out the z4.

I got ignored really bad. This is what Chevy did before I bought my 02 mustang. It's a shame chevy ignored me though, i was actually gonna buy a camaro or vette that day.

kaput
01-16-2003, 10:22 AM

Melinda
01-16-2003, 10:27 AM

I THINK his name was Ian (my dad has the card, I don't). He used to sell VW's and then moved over to the BMW dealership. He's a young guy and seems to love BMW's as much as I do, he seemed pretty excited to be working there so I'm sure he's willing to do whatever he can to make people happy and keep his job there.
Ian Neumeyer...VERY nice guy, good friend of mine. He just left 5th ave Auto Haus and took the job at BMW...lol when you were describing him, I knew it had to be him! Goes out of his way to make customers feel appreciated...talks to them on a human level no matter who they are or how much money they have. If anyone is looking to get a new BMW, definately go see Ian. He'll take care of you! :thumbsup:

Melinda

kaput
01-16-2003, 10:34 AM

Melinda
01-16-2003, 10:49 AM
:werd: If he's still there in a few years, maybe I'll actually be able to buy something from him.

How do you know him?
Was introduced to him by another friend in a car club from the past DSCR. I've always been in love with VW's (specifically the beetle) and he was/is the moderator for the dealership section on NewVeeDub.com. We talk through email and stuff, and I used to go see him at 5th Ave with Peter all the time. He will be missed but he's moved to greener pastures :)

Melinda

Hipermax_d
01-16-2003, 12:18 PM
makes me want to go check out this new bmw location

Fuji
01-16-2003, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the post. I got a notice in the mail that they were opening in January but no specific day.

It's a hassle taking my vehicle to the auto-mall so I'm glad there is one closer. I hope the service dept ready. I wonder how many employees are coming from the automall location.

My experience was not great with Calgary BMW. 2002 M3, took 3 months to get a headlight fixed, 6 months to repair another defect, and a few other issues. The wait for service appointments is often 3 weeks or more.

I got the car at Regina BMW / Dilawri. The manager of sales there told me that the two in Calgary...

Hey it's teh same owner here ...Dilawri... his brother though, but all the dealerships are owned by the family.

importadrenelin
01-16-2003, 05:33 PM
Calgary BMW is ok.
I went there to take a look at the new BMW M3's a year ago and the lady who sold me my Type R a year before that was actually working there so she took care of me real good. We test drove the new M3 and that and she was very informative, she even wanted me to try out the new X5 as well so I did.
Anyways every other time I have been there and she hasn't I get NO SERVICE, last I went got no help so I left in the Supra and just let the HKS SSQV Blow-off valve sing in there ears.

semasema
01-18-2003, 10:54 AM
Dilawri owns Calgary BMW and Crowfoot BMW as well. Had nothing but terrible service from them.

syeve
01-18-2003, 11:00 AM
a mini dealership is right next door, I'm assuming that its has the same owner (doesnt BMW own mini?), I have heard so much about how nice the new cooper s is, I wonder if they would let me take it for a boot? Being drunk and writting sucks.

4wheeldrift
01-18-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by syeve
a mini dealership is right next door, I'm assuming that its has the same owner (doesnt BMW own mini?), The new Mini is a mini BMW, with the motors produced in a joint venture with chrysler.

GTS Jeff
01-18-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by syeve
a mini dealership is right next door, I'm assuming that its has the same owner (doesnt BMW own mini?), I have heard so much about how nice the new cooper s is, I wonder if they would let me take it for a boot? Being drunk and writting sucks. ha ha!

kaput
01-18-2003, 02:12 PM

KoRnJD
01-22-2003, 02:25 AM
Kaput,

I'm glad you were happy with your experience. It always nice to see great feedback, and it's very flattering. Thank you.

As far as the rest of you, please don't hesitate to come up and visit me for a tour. Remember, I'm a car guy first. Money or no money, I'll be glad to meet you.

(No Saturday tours though..please...busy, busy, busy... :D)

I look forward to showing you around.

Ian.

Melinda
01-22-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by KoRnJD
Kaput,

I'm glad you were happy with your experience. It always nice to see great feedback, and it's very flattering. Thank you.

As far as the rest of you, please don't hesitate to come up and visit me for a tour. Remember, I'm a car guy first. Money or no money, I'll be glad to meet you.

(No Saturday tours though..please...busy, busy, busy... :D)

I look forward to showing you around.

Ian.

See guys, what did I tell ya? Ian is the bomb! :clap: :clap: :clap:

What time do you usually work till Ian? It was getting late when I talked to you last night and I know you were still at work. if you're there into the evening on a regular basis, I'll try and come visit ya this week or next.

Melinda

KoRnJD
01-22-2003, 10:40 AM
Ha ha ha!

Thanks Mel. :D

My shifts vary greatly, so the best thing to do would be to call ahead... (403.275.6492)

:)

Ian.

kaput
01-22-2003, 10:46 AM

KoRnJD
01-22-2003, 10:49 AM
Hey Ian, I see you found beyond! I'm trying to get my dad back there, but he's a bum and insists he doesn't have the money (bullshit!).

Ha ha ha!

No worries...give him time. We'll give him a test drive in the spring that he'll never forget! :thumbsup: