PDA

View Full Version : Dumped motorcycle

Supa Dexta
05-30-2005, 07:20 PM
Mac trail/25th I believe (the one stampede ground is on) I was just leaving the grounds, sitting at the tracks waiting for the light when this guy was comming towards us in the other lanes.. The bike went all screwy and he dumped it.. Slid into the curb, hopped that and landed in the grass..

I have NO IDEA how it happened, I watched the whole thing.. It was kind of like he was in too high of a gear, and it started bucking, then he panicked and grabbed the front brake, and there was a bit of gravel, so that didn't help.. I threw the 4ways on and ran across (no one in his lane looked twice, I stopped traffic and ran across and helped him get the bike up.. I held the bike while he gathered himself.. He was shook up, so I stood there for a bit holding the bike.. He looked it over and seen it was all scraped up of course.. So We got it down off the grass and he as sitting on it again.. But I had to jet, the light was green back on my side of the road and traffic was backing up.. So if the guy see's this, hope your ok... Hope the bike isn't too messed besides the plastics... And let me know what exactly happened...

:)

BlkMaxima
05-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Good to hear about somebody who actually stops and helps and doesn't just look at the guy like a retard! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ecstasy_civic
05-30-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by BlkMaxima
Good to hear about somebody who actually stops and helps and doesn't just look at the guy like a retard! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No doubt,

Nice to hear someone stopped to help.:thumbsup:

duffspec
05-30-2005, 07:47 PM
You are an alright guy, most people would drive away like a bunch of turds. Good to hear you stoped and helped.:thumbsup:

Dave P
05-30-2005, 07:56 PM
Buddy,

Congrats to you.

I dont know many people who would stop.

turbo minivan
05-30-2005, 10:50 PM
right on dude! hope the bike guy is ok.

Supa Dexta
05-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Meh, no worries on stopping.. I had my bike licence before my car, so I know what they are like... I also used to live on a tricky corner back in NS... There used to be quite a few cars go off, so I have experience in the whole thing and being the first on the scene.. least I could do really.. But thats beside the point, I really just wanted to talk to the guy again.. Get an idea of what exactly happened....

:)

DannyO
05-31-2005, 08:36 PM
Nice one man :thumbsup: , too many assholes that would just drive by in the city, I'm suprised you don't see more bikes end up going out of control (not the dickhead drivers) but just the ordinary riders, some of the streets here are in such bad condition it feels like my car would fall over, let alone a bike.

schurchill39
05-31-2005, 10:26 PM
Adda boy, you'ev accomplised your good deed for the day

SilverBoost
06-01-2005, 09:36 AM
I can't believe there's people that "wouldn't" stop... oh wait now, here, yeah I can....

The only time I don't stop for an accident is when there are already cars and or people stopped to help. There's such a thing as too many people as well, unless you have some first aid skills that you think may be a benefit, you should move along in that instance. If your first on the scene though and dont' pull over you're a dick.

MenteL
06-03-2005, 11:57 PM
4 weeks ago a small guy about 100lb soaking wet tipped his ninja 500 over at a stop sign, lost balance and couldnt get it up. had his leg stuck under it. He told me after I pulled his bikeup that he was sitting there for at least half an hour watching people continually drive by him without helping. :(

BlkMaxima
06-04-2005, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by MenteL
4 weeks ago a small guy about 100lb soaking wet tipped his ninja 500 over at a stop sign, lost balance and couldnt get it up. had his leg stuck under it. He told me after I pulled his bikeup that he was sitting there for at least half an hour watching people continually drive by him without helping. :(

Thats insane, people must of been super busy that day!:thumbsdow

But:thumbsup: to you!!

Supa Dexta
06-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Thats unreal.... good you came along... Also good some dick didn't come flying thru the intersection and clip him....

:rolleyes: