PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me locate these cars? (Old school American)

BluE46
05-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Hey I don't post here much, but wondering if people have any leads on any of these following cars:

1970-74 Plymouth Barracuda

1970 Dodge Challenger

1965-68 Mustang fastback

Rough shape preferred. Email me at [email protected] or PM me. Thanks

EK 2.0
05-30-2005, 07:57 PM
being this is mainly an import forum...

try posting the same request if you already haven't on Performance Shop.

Performance Shop Forum's (www.performance-shop.com)

BluE46
05-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
I'm not trying to be rude but, are you crazy??? I like the challenger but I can kinda see how you dont. But your dislike for the 'cuda makes me wonder if you even know what it is, it's a way better car than the mustang or the challenger.

This coming from a guy how isn't even into domestics, the Cuda is a great car that I wouldn't mind owning.

exactly.. i m heavy into the european and high end japanese car scene

but I've always loved these american cars since I was a little kid. If anyone knows anyone with these cars or see any for sale that would be great. Trying to find some within reasonable distance before I start searching through the states

streetarab
05-30-2005, 08:45 PM
heres some advice, i dont know what your money situation is, but its a hell of a lot cheaper to build a mustang of that year than anything mopar ever put out, very few make oem stuff for them and they are sought after, so the car will most likely be expensive to buy and even more expensive to fix

BumpinTalon
05-30-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by streetarab
heres some advice, i dont know what your money situation is, but its a hell of a lot cheaper to build a mustang of that year than anything mopar ever put out, very few make oem stuff for them and they are sought after, so the car will most likely be expensive to buy and even more expensive to fix

x2
Mopars cost an absolute FORTUNE to restore... just for comparisons sake, to restore a 1970 Mustang Mach I it was $34,000 just in replacement parts, probably $90,000 in labor (doors, fenders, hood, spoiler, quarters, front and rear valences, bumpers rechromed, entire interior redone etc) and to restore a 1970 Cuda 440 six pack that was in relatively good shape, it was $85,000 parts and labor... and it only need quarters and fenders.

canadiandaytona
05-30-2005, 10:02 PM
too bad you just missed the Okotoks car auction

JCX
05-30-2005, 10:58 PM
No offense, but you are looking for among the most popular muscle cars. Particulary the Mustangs and Cuda.

Are you looking for you or are you looking to buy cheap and sell?

Mad$ella
05-30-2005, 11:20 PM
For the mustang try www.fordpower.ca and post there

BluE46
05-31-2005, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by JCX
No offense, but you are looking for among the most popular muscle cars. Particulary the Mustangs and Cuda.

Are you looking for you or are you looking to buy cheap and sell?

not at all

i'm looking for ones to keep for life. As much as I love modified euros/jap cars I have always loved real American iron, but I never had the skills or the hookups to fix them up when I was younger. if they are really rough I might build an "updated" version rather than to do a full classic restoration

Bodywork is not an issue for me.