PDA

View Full Version : DIY Turbo information online?

legendboy
06-24-2002, 10:47 PM
Anybody know of any good DIY Turbo info online, possibly honda oriented?

CRXguy
06-24-2002, 10:54 PM
www.Leo-junkyardstylez.com

:thumbsup:

legendboy
06-24-2002, 10:56 PM
hehe

redline
06-24-2002, 11:36 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=16

legendboy
06-25-2002, 12:07 AM
Ahh.... just finished reading the last 10 pages of FI posts.......

LUDELVR
06-25-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by CRXguy
www.Leo-junkyardstylez.com

:thumbsup:

Hhahahahahahah, I should totally try and make a website with that!!!:rofl: :thumbsup:

boi-alien
06-25-2002, 12:38 AM
hey ludelvr did u actualy build the turbo yourself?!

LUDELVR
06-25-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by crxboi
hey ludelvr did u actualy build the turbo yourself?!

No, I went down that path and unfortunately I couldn't manage anything to spin faster than 8,000 rpm! hahahaha. When comparing to something spinning in excess of 100,000 rpm, my 8,000 rpm mighta been good for a golf cart or something!! haha, but I did manage to get the turbo in good condition from an mk3 supra, but alas, I think it is too big for my car. I'm still gonna use it for a while cuz it sounds cool!!! haha, but in the mean time, I'll try and find some other turbos.

rage2
06-25-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
I did manage to get the turbo in good condition from an mk3 supra, but alas, I think it is too big for my car.

Whoa... I thought I was the only one that uses the word "alas".

LUDELVR
06-25-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Whoa... I thought I was the only one that uses the word "alas".

haha, I think I only use that word when I'm drunk man... prolly be using a ton tomorrow then huh??? hahahaha

MrX
06-25-2002, 01:01 AM

haha, I think I only use that word when I'm drunk man... prolly be using a ton tomorrow then huh??? hahahaha

dude, you use a lot more words than just "alas" when your drunk!

LUDELVR
06-25-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by MrX

dude, you use a lot more words than just "alas" when your drunk!

yah, but we're just gonna forget all of that!!!! hahahahaa:rofl:

boi-alien
06-25-2002, 01:05 AM
heheh so you just got a turbo off an old supra and slapped that baby onto your lude? did u bend the piping and everything too to fit your car?!

do u have pics?! i'd really like to see

LUDELVR
06-25-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by crxboi
heheh so you just got a turbo off an old supra and slapped that baby onto your lude? did u bend the piping and everything too to fit your car?!

do u have pics?! i'd really like to see

That's pretty much it man! Of course u'll need the basic tools... things like a hammer, some tin snips, a jigsaw (man this thing is a god sent for me!!) some duct tape and the likes!! haha:thumbsup: :rofl: funny thing is, I"m not kidding!!! haha. Anyway, oh yah, u'll also need the balls to do all of the cutting and shit!!! haha. I do have pics, just have to get them developed and then scanned!! I'll post them up soon.:thumbsup:

MrX
06-25-2002, 01:33 AM

I do have pics, just have to get them developed and then scanned!! I'll post them up soon.:thumbsup:

Bitch, just take the film to my store and I'll take care of shit.

LUDELVR
06-25-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by MrX

Bitch, just take the film to my store and I'll take care of shit.

where's ur store??? and tell me when I can drop them off.
:thumbsup: thanks dood!!!!

MrX
06-25-2002, 02:01 AM
I'm in TD square beside Aldo on the 3rd floor. I'm there everyday except Sunday, and partial days on Sat. Drop it off anytime dude

boi-alien
06-25-2002, 12:43 PM

That's pretty much it man! Of course u'll need the basic tools... things like a hammer, some tin snips, a jigsaw (man this thing is a god sent for me!!) some duct tape and the likes!! haha:thumbsup: :rofl: funny thing is, I"m not kidding!!! haha. Anyway, oh yah, u'll also need the balls to do all of the cutting and shit!!! haha. I do have pics, just have to get them developed and then scanned!! I'll post them up soon.:thumbsup:

i wanted to embark in the same sort of journey as you in building a turbo. would u mind giving me some pointers here and there, seeing as how u haven't killed yourself yet, i would consider your quest a success!! :D

legendboy
06-25-2002, 01:05 PM
whoever wants to do it, we should all get together and figure out how everything works. We can all help eachother.:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
06-25-2002, 01:39 PM
LUDELVR, how did that heat wrap work out? are you still insinerating all of your engine components or did it end that hiroshima you had going on under your hood?

max_boost
06-25-2002, 02:23 PM
I think Ludelvr should seriously consider enrolling in mechanics at SAIT instead of being a english teacher:rofl:

LUDELVR
06-25-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
LUDELVR, how did that heat wrap work out? are you still insinerating all of your engine components or did it end that hiroshima you had going on under your hood?

yah man, it worked out awsomely!!! I still have a bunch left so I'm either gonna wrap my downpipe or my manifold. But I do think that I want to change out the turbo. This was a good learning experience so I'll consider it a success, but I still want to feel 7 psi in first instead of 1-3!! haha. Anyway, if anyone has a t3/t4 with a compressor housing of at least a .60 please tell me, thanks!!!!:thumbsup: