ronaldo
05-31-2005, 04:17 PM
who do you think is better?? its pretty obvious who my vote goes to:D

pitwipe
05-31-2005, 04:30 PM
Rooney. Stronger, more creative. :thumbsup:

/////AMG
05-31-2005, 04:33 PM
Oh man thats tough, they are both different in so many ways. I can't vote.

ronaldo
05-31-2005, 04:54 PM
just pick one...one of them has to stick out more than the other

cman
05-31-2005, 06:45 PM
you have a midfielder who plays on the win vs. a striker who likes the middle of the pitch...pretty different.
i cant decide honestly though!
they both play for manchester united which is awesome:thumbsup:
but i guess i would pick rooney because he represents England.

cman
05-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by pitwipe
stroner? oh there is no contest there.
more creative? that is VERY debateable. ronaldo has AMAZING creativity.

Skyline_Addict
05-31-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by pitwipe

creative? i don't know about that...

rooney is a more practical (sticking to basics, not too fancy), stronger player who finishes well (how a good striker should be) while ronaldo has much more flair and technique and is able to use his technique to beat defenders or move the defense. they are two different types of player....hard to compare.

pitwipe
05-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Ronaldo is a bit of a one trick pony. He runs down the wing with his long spagetti legs, and crosses into the box. Granted that's his job and he is VERY good at it, but most premiership teams have the measure of him by now, and can mark him effectively.

Rooney on the other hand is totally unpredictable and so strong he can force his way into shooting range from any angle.

Both are world class, but this poll asked to pick the better player of the two. I think that would be Rooney.

Perhaps a better poll would have been between two players who play in the same position. It's not really a fair comparision.

Skyline_Addict
05-31-2005, 07:40 PM
how about other ronaldo vs. rooney hehe.

Shaolin
05-31-2005, 09:27 PM
we're putting an attacking midfielder against a pure striker.

am I missing something?

But if we were to compare.. Rooney's a better striker, Ronaldo's a better midfielder.

Rooney's probably stronger, Ronaldo's got more flair and probably more pace.. Rooney is a finisher, Ronaldo is a better playmaker.

C4S
05-31-2005, 10:34 PM
um .. I think ronaldo is a more skillfull player overall ...

but if I hv to vote, I go for Rooney ... Pure England!

Hopefully can see them against each other in 06 world cup .. :D

ronaldo
06-01-2005, 09:24 AM
k ill admit rooney is alot stronger on the ball and an amazing striker but ronaldo has the most amazing moves, he has the quickest feet of any player (maybe other than ronaldhinio) and he is a valuable asset to any team he plays for

/////AMG
06-01-2005, 10:06 AM
me no vote

96Mx6
06-01-2005, 01:48 PM
I gave my new son a good middle name....Cristian!

Rooney is amazing that out of nowhere, he can unleash a powerful shot, with perfect accuracy, then return to not being seen.

Ronaldo is all about the glam, when he is on, he makes good players look foolish.

Viva portugal!

96Mx6
06-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Anyone catch the perfect free kick by Ronaldo this weekend?

sCream
06-06-2005, 01:57 PM
speaking of man. u.. did anyone watch the score today? There was a part on the rallying fans who hate the new American owner, the guy that owns the Tampa bay buccaneers.. They said they were going to bankrupt him. Now how is that possible if they are Man. U fans.. its not like theyre NOT going to attend the games or NOT buy Man. U products.. it just didnt make any sense to me, but then again when i saw it, it was 645 this morning running on 4 hours of sleep. But anyways, can someone enlighten me? haha

ronaldo
06-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by 96Mx6

wow what a shot, that was beautiful

Skyline_Addict
06-06-2005, 03:04 PM
watch out for japan and korea!

cman
06-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by sCream
speaking of man. u.. did anyone watch the score today? There was a part on the rallying fans who hate the new American owner, the guy that owns the Tampa bay buccaneers.. They said they were going to bankrupt him. Now how is that possible if they are Man. U fans.. its not like theyre NOT going to attend the games or NOT buy Man. U products.. it just didnt make any sense to me, but then again when i saw it, it was 645 this morning running on 4 hours of sleep. But anyways, can someone enlighten me? haha

actaully many supporters are refusing to buy season tickets, or any tickets for that matter. also many supporters have ripped up their tickets and cancelled applications for tickets. it is true they are refusing to purchase product as well.
i can elighten in mroe detail if you wish.
damn glazer:(

cman
06-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by 96Mx6
why cant he do that for man united:(

96Mx6
06-07-2005, 11:05 AM
He needs to go to a team where he is the center of attention. He gets lost on ManU.

Oz-
06-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Personally I don't like watching either of the two. There is a very young attacking midfielder for Cruziero named Kerlon. If you get Brasilian league games you will start seeing him.

But my personal preference right now is for Diego, he is a very nice player and will most likely start to hear more from him.

96Mx6
06-08-2005, 12:59 PM
Ronaldo scored another goal today.

Aleks
06-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Rooney is a good player but he swears a lot and bitches and complains about everything. How he doesn't get red cards more often is beyond me. I guess he's England's new future star...:dunno:

CKY
06-09-2005, 02:02 AM
i think ronaldo should just bulk up a little and convert into a striker, cuz he can't cross

ronaldo
06-18-2005, 12:43 AM
on a completely diff topic.....did anyone watch the brazil greece match yesterday??

cman
06-18-2005, 02:32 PM
yes, holy adriano!