PDA

View Full Version : nu shine?

d-UNiT
05-31-2005, 05:38 PM
just saw a commercial for this product says it will keep your car shiney for a year

anyone try it?

Weapon_R
05-31-2005, 05:39 PM
It's a low grade wax that you can find in any walmart.

d-UNiT
05-31-2005, 05:53 PM
www.nufinish.com

lol low grade i was just wondering

beyondpinoy
06-23-2005, 12:36 PM
ive used it, its actually not bad, makes my car look brand new, as far as how long it last? i only used it 2 days ago, so we'll see hwo long it lasts

B20EF
06-23-2005, 12:41 PM
For how cheap it is, it works good
It doesn't take a lot of work like the more expensive waxes, it just wipes on easy

izzoblitzo
06-23-2005, 12:52 PM
They sell that Nufinish stuff at superstore. I got the other brand they had there called Liquid Turtle Wax Platinum (its in a green container). It actually works really well. I think I'll try the Meguires wax next, I've heard alot about it.

How is everyone applying their waxes? with a sponge? I'd really be interested in the process everyone is using (or at least the equiptment you're using).

-Right now, Im using a washmit with car soap
-then I'll rinse with powersprayer
-dry with chamois
-apply wax with sponge
-wipe off excess wax with a different sponge

Is that correct?

izzoblitzo
06-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by B20EF
For how cheap it is, it works good
It doesn't take a lot of work like the more expensive waxes, it just wipes on easy

dude, you dont happen to live in Signal Hill/westhills area do ya? I see a car like your avatar almost every day! it's sweet!:bigpimp:

beyondpinoy
06-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo

How is everyone applying their waxes? with a sponge? I'd really be interested in the process everyone is using (or at least the equiptment you're using).

-Right now, Im using a washmit with car soap
-then I'll rinse with powersprayer
-dry with chamois
-apply wax with sponge
-wipe off excess wax with a different sponge

Is that correct?

basically i have a 9inch electric polisher/waxer, and all i did was put some of the "nu finish" on the pad, and polished away, after i took a clean towel to whipe off any excessive polish, and to get rid of some of the small swirls, then i took some wax and repeated the process (but with a new clean pad, and wiped with a new clean towel) i'll take some pics right now and post them,

beyondpinoy
06-23-2005, 02:12 PM
so basically all i did was these steps

1.wash
2.dry
3. polish with "nu finish" wiped down after
5.waxed (first layer) wiped down after
6. waxed (second layer 24 hours after first layer) and gave it a last wipe down

http://www3.telus.net/public/tale/polish1.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/public/tale/polish2.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/public/tale/polish3.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/public/tale/polish4.jpg

calgarygts
06-23-2005, 02:24 PM
To apply wax you should use a microfiber applicator or a foam applicator, and to remove it you should use a good microfiber towel. Using a cotton towel or anything else will give you swirls, and a sponge will definitely put a lot of swirls into the clear. Use an up/down or left/right motion when applying the wax rather than going in circles. You don't neccesarily have to wait 24 hours between coats, it depends on the wax you're using. Nu finish is a polish, not a wax. It will not do for your paint what a good carnauba wax will. It may help with hazing, oxidation and swirls, but I can't really say as I've never used it.

calgarygts
06-23-2005, 02:25 PM
BTW - nice celica!

beyondpinoy
06-23-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by calgarygts
To apply wax you should use a microfiber applicator or a foam applicator, and to remove it you should use a good microfiber towel.

all i used was the applicators that came with my eletric polisher/waxer, oh and i forgot to mention i used a microfiber towel. :D

and thankyou for the compliment

88CRX
06-23-2005, 09:22 PM
meguirs nx (i think thats what its called) is the shit.... i've heard nothing but :thumbsup: :thumbsup: about it

DeeCEE101
06-23-2005, 10:25 PM
^ meguiars NXT tech wax... great stuff... highly recommended...

IncredibleToad
06-23-2005, 10:33 PM
What about that 3M stuff?? forgot what its exactly called im too lazy to run downstairs and read it :zzz: