PDA

View Full Version : banned for life?

240droptop
05-31-2005, 10:23 PM
I was jsut wondering for the people that get banned is there any way back in or is it final plus is there a way for them to find out why they got banned. I'm asking for a busy of mine he got banned and isnt sure why I just wana clear up some info so he will get off my back lol thxs for any help in advance

FiveFreshFish
05-31-2005, 10:25 PM
youngbex (http://forums.beyond.ca/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=19871) ?

finboy
05-31-2005, 11:18 PM
when you are banned, you are banned for life, thats just how it works.

it really isn't THAT hard to avoid getting banned

Mad$ella
05-31-2005, 11:27 PM
technically couldnt you just sign up with a new email, and new user name? and keep this process ongoing forever??? :dunno:

turbo'dGSR
05-31-2005, 11:28 PM
Couldn't the banned person just sign up again? or is their IP adress (or whatever it is) banned?:dunno:

Weapon_R
05-31-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Mad$ella
technically couldnt you just sign up with a new email, and new user name? and keep this process ongoing forever??? :dunno:

Sure, til you ran out of ISP issued email addresses. That is, if we don't ban your entire IP altogether.

turbo'dGSR
05-31-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Mad$ella

aha, beat me by a minute.

Wait....didn't you do this?:nut:

jumperman8
05-31-2005, 11:32 PM
Honestly, banning a IP address is useless, you can change you IP address at will, not saying peopel shoudl do it.

If oyu got banned its for a reason, and most ppl talk the same and type the same, so if you did get a new account, you woudl be found eventually.

Dont get banned if you liek this site, aka dont be a shit head.:thumbsup:

Weapon_R
05-31-2005, 11:36 PM
Spar with us if you like, but its a lot easier to remove someone's account then it is to sign up for a new one.

Sure there are a few guys that have come back and stayed, but its not that they have 'fooled us', rather they themselves considerably alter their attitudes to better function on the site.

finboy
05-31-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Spar with us if you like, but its a lot easier to remove someone's account then it is to sign up for a new one.

Sure there are a few guys that have come back and stayed, but its not that they have 'fooled us', rather they themselves considerably alter their attitudes to better function on the site.

werd, there are a ton of people on beyond right now that have been banned a few times, once they get out of line they are banned again. the mods are quite aware of who is who, it really isn't hard to see considering people's habbits don't really change when they sign back on.

Mad$ella
05-31-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by turbo'dGSR

aha, beat me by a minute.

Wait....didn't you do this?:nut:

:rofl: yes... but I watch my behavior now...

I think I am on that list... :D
But I have made changes and dont get into trouble no more, and still have a 100% user rating... :D

benyl
05-31-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by jumperman8
Honestly, banning a IP address is useless, you can change you IP address at will, not saying peopel shoudl do it.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. 'nuff said.

I am sure your "friend" got many warnings before he/she was banned.

jumperman8
06-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by benyl

There is more than one way to skin a cat. 'nuff said.

I am sure your "friend" got many warnings before he/she was banned.

I've never had a friend banned on here before, nor have i been banned, i was jsut stating a simple fact that IP address' can be changed, so it woudl be a waste of time to disallow a IP address.

unfocus
06-01-2005, 11:43 AM
i was banned before and yet i had no warnings what so ever... I mean i didnt do anythign so right now im keeping a low profile meaning trying not be a dick or an asshole.. lol

but yah no warnings for me and i dont even know what i did..some said i posted too many crap or whatever.. which i dont.. so anyways i'll stop now before i get banned again.. lol

D'z Nutz
06-01-2005, 01:51 PM

I've never had a friend banned on here before, nor have i been banned, i was jsut stating a simple fact that IP address' can be changed, so it woudl be a waste of time to disallow a IP address.

Sure, that's easy to do, nobody's arguing that. But the fact of the matter is that it is somewhat effective since most people don't even know how to do that. Heck, most members here don't even know how to use the search feature, so I doubt they will be hitting up Google for answers anytime soon! :rofl:

kenny
06-01-2005, 01:59 PM

No its not a waste of time because it takes us 3 seconds to do it, and for end users it *usually* involves a bit more work. Of course those that know what they are doign will always get around it, but hopefully people would just put more effort into being a better user so they wouldn't get banned in the first place.

Its simple to find out why someone was banned, search for their posts and then go read the rules. You should be able to find the reason pretty quickly. Most common reason? Marketplace related rule violations.

EK 2.0
06-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by unfocus
i was banned before and yet i had no warnings what so ever... I mean i didnt do anythign so right now im keeping a low profile meaning trying not be a dick or an asshole.. lol

but yah no warnings for me and i dont even know what i did..some said i posted too many crap or whatever.. which i dont.. so anyways i'll stop now before i get banned again.. lol

marq-jt/unfocus...you had multiple warnings...and there were also other users who had complained about your posting/lowballing...I mean I KNOW it's a part of beyond.ca...but there is a point where further action has to be taken...Look at Kenny's post above mine...just obey the rules...and if you don't think that you broke any...re-read those rules, or read them for the first time...we are ALL guilty of braking or bending the rules now and again...but constantly doing so will get you axed...

oh and BTW, how is mentioning you were banned previously keeping a Low Profile??...now we all know who you are and can watch you even more closely...:dunno:

Weapon_R
06-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

marq-jt/unfocus...you had multiple warnings...and there were also other users who had complained about your posting/lowballing...I mean I KNOW it's a part of beyond.ca...but there is a point where further action has to be taken...Look at Kenny's post above mine...just obey the rules...and if you don't think that you broke any...re-read those rules, or read them for the first time...we are ALL guilty of braking or bending the rules now and again...but constantly doing so will get you axed...

oh and BTW, how is mentioning you were banned previously keeping a Low Profile??...now we all know who you are and can watch you even more closely...:dunno:

And marq-jt/unfocus, you sure as hell DEFINE lowballing. :D

iceburns288
06-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Can this forum do temporary bans? I'm on a forum that can, they work pretty well to shake up a user if he isn't behaving. They're usually 2 or 3 week bans... they keep people from making more accounts after they get banned and they keep people in line. I recommend them...

jumperman8
06-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by kenny

No its not a waste of time because it takes us 3 seconds to do it, and for end users it *usually* involves a bit more work. Of course those that know what they are doign will always get around it, but hopefully people would just put more effort into being a better user so they wouldn't get banned in the first place.

Its simple to find out why someone was banned, search for their posts and then go read the rules. You should be able to find the reason pretty quickly. Most common reason? Marketplace related rule violations.

That is what i was trying to get across.:thumbsup:

finboy
06-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288
Can this forum do temporary bans? I'm on a forum that can, they work pretty well to shake up a user if he isn't behaving. They're usually 2 or 3 week bans... they keep people from making more accounts after they get banned and they keep people in line. I recommend them...

its more fun just to see "banned" under the person's user name, even when a 6 month old thread gets bumped

3G
06-01-2005, 11:04 PM

And marq-jt/unfocus, you sure as hell DEFINE lowballing. :D

I thought pimpstang took the cake for that one :dunno:

d-UNiT
06-02-2005, 04:43 PM
im glad to know unfocus is marqjt so i can read is stupid posts again!

EK 2.0
06-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by d-UNiT
im glad to know unfocus is marqjt so i can read is stupid posts again!

strait up...it wasn't hard for most to tell hte difference between the 2