PDA

View Full Version : multimedia jobs

nerd_b
06-01-2005, 12:27 AM
hey its almost been a month since i graduated from saits new media production and design course, and i havent got a call back from any web design or media companys yet. anyone know any media companys in calgary?? film, graphics, web design, 3d, print?? ect ect..??

and does anyone else have a graphics/media degree or diploma or something? what are you doing now? was it hard to get started?

im 19 goin on 20, and i want to get a job in my field to start off a career.

thanks for the help.

FishPoo
06-01-2005, 10:50 AM
You might want to start developing your own portfolio, take on your own projects. It's probably extremely difficult to catch on with another firm without contacts, so you're best backing up your education with samples of your work.

AllGoNoShow
06-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Let me know if u wanna create some stuff just for the heck of it to add to your profile.

Tyler883
06-01-2005, 03:49 PM
Yeah, you could probably get alot of work for your portfolio just from the guys on these forums, if you are willing to work for beer.

Just be picky about what you do, but make sure that whatever you do is worth showing off at an interview.

nerd_b
06-01-2005, 04:10 PM
allgonoshow, what kind of work do you mean?? ill do some,

tyler883, do you mean working for beer companys?? or working and getting beer in return?? but either way ill do some stuff.

if any of you guys/girls need anything that involves multimedia, and can boost up my reputation give me some work or pm me.

are there any freelancers on this site?

mac_82
06-01-2005, 11:27 PM
i graduated from acad taking the media arts and digital technologies program last year. i was lucky enough in my last year to work on 13 episodes of a tv show for mtv canada. that got my foot in the door with the production company, and i am now doing tv shows and commercials/corporate videos in and around town. once you get your foot in the door its pretty easy, its just getting in there thats the hard part. i also do freelance design and web work on the side, basically what ever comes my way. i have a couple of good clients now, bands and sports teams, that sort of thing, where they need a couple of smaller things done a month, good to try and pick up some of those! good luck with your search, if you have questions or need some help let me know. :thumbsup: