PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors or Alarm Installers...

AllGoNoShow
06-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Howdy.

My gf just bought a 92 Integra, in fairly good shape I must say and they are #8 on the top 10 cars stolen so time to deter some people if I can.

I'm looking for the following...

Keyless Entry
Keyless Trunk Entry (Actually a hatch but should work the sale)
Electronic Immobilizer
Alarm

if the price is right I would be interested in those 2 way remotes for her, so if someone smashes her car or is trying to steal it she can feel it vibrating or something and come out.

Its a 92 Integra *don't know the engine right now*, has power locks already, manual car, no previous alarm system so it wouldn't be to hard to install.

Could you let me know which packages u got avalible and how much for the package and how much for the installation? I'm going to talk it over with her and her mom maybe and split the cost for the best system possible. While we are hunting for prices might aswell look into GPS tracking systems aswell.

If you prefer email, [email protected]

Thanks

'93 SR-V
06-01-2005, 12:23 PM
I'd check out Derdal Designs, they are a sponsor, and I've only heard good things. I didn't buy my alarm there, but when I came in with a few q's they were very helpful. Anyway, give them a shout.

FlySi
06-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Derdall gets my vote - they helped me out tremendously and they are a great group of guys. I know where i'll be going for my starter...

AllGoNoShow
06-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Sent him a PM already. Thanks for the votes :)

5hift
06-01-2005, 01:52 PM
:werd:

I got my compustar hooked up from Derdall for my Lude and these guys were nothing but professional from the start to the finish. The biggest thing I noticed that was different about them is they treat you like a friend and not just another customer. I ended up having to wait there while it was done, and they offered me a ride to Chinook center so I could look around there to kill time and they even brought me Tim Hortons while I waited in their sitting area.

They even took a look at problems I was having with my sound system and fixed it for free before giving the car back to me.

Great group of guys , wouldnt go anywhere else for this kinda stuff as long as they are around.

kenny
06-01-2005, 02:01 PM
Derdall Designs *WAS* a sponsor and all I've heard are great things about them.

AllGoNoShow
06-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Got a PM back from CarSalon but no prices, basically a sales sceme of come down and I will show it to u, for any other people reading this that sell and install, I know how much of the systems work, I know how GPS works, I don't need a starter, I'm interested in pricing of a few units and the quality of your installs, showing me the product doesn't make a sale when yours is $200 more then everyone elses and your installs suck.

I think I will give Derball a shout tomorrow morning.

Weapon_R
06-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Ryan at Derdall helped me finish my power window install, figured out the wiring schematic, and properly wired my switches so they would work correctly...free of charge. And I didn't purchase the kit or the switches from them - goes to show ya the level of professionalism and courtesy these guys have. All I know is that i'd sooner go to them before I even considered anyone else.

Btw - im not sure you can add keyless trunk entry as hondas do not open the trunk electronically, but with a cable.

gonefishing
06-01-2005, 04:17 PM
tried car salon aswell a few monthes back and they were charging $750 + GST for the older blue 2-way compustar which is way more than any other shop in town :thumbsdow

AllGoNoShow
06-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Weapon now that I think of it your right, oh well scratch that too then, I'm more interested in the electronic immobilzer and the keyless then anything else.

5hift
06-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Btw - im not sure you can add keyless trunk entry as hondas do not open the trunk electronically, but with a cable.

You can, Ryan at Derdall did this to my prelude, just costs more for whatever parts and labor.

core_upt
06-02-2005, 12:52 AM
^^^

werd, u can add trunk release to older Acuras, you just need a trunk release solanoid - like an actuator but for a trunk.

definitely go 2way, cause no one cares about a car alarm but the owner of a car

immobilizers and start kill features do nothing for a manual transmission since the car can be jump started anyway. spend the money on back up sirens or pain generating sirens.

AllGoNoShow
06-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Immbolizers prevent the pests from egtting it. Sure it can be jump started, if osmeone really wants the car, they will get it. I'm looking more into Immbolizers, 2way, keyless entry, and possibly GPS depending on the price, nothign liek getting a reward when you bust a ring of theives.

afrotl
06-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Hey AllGoNoShow a little off topic here but I think it will be a good idea to set up a thread with places that install in car entertainmant ie alarm stereo etc.......forgive me if this has already been set up and I missed it.

AllGoNoShow
06-02-2005, 12:24 PM
lol Yah I guess I could, afterall I am doing the research why not provide it to others. I'll do that tonight for everyone. I'm thinking of maybe including a little user rating 5 star thing, depending on how many users like them they get stars on it, everytiem they mess up it counts as 2 people against them, something like that.

afrotl
06-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
lol Yah I guess I could, afterall I am doing the research why not provide it to others. I'll do that tonight for everyone. I'm thinking of maybe including a little user rating 5 star thing, depending on how many users like them they get stars on it, everytiem they mess up it counts as 2 people against them, something like that.

cool the user rating sounds like a good idea...I already have 3 places I can give you to add to your list so let me know when you are ready and i will send the info to you....:thumbsup:

AllGoNoShow
06-02-2005, 12:50 PM
PM it when u get a chance I will build the list after class

lam-boy
06-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Khali

You can, Ryan at Derdall did this to my prelude, just costs more for whatever parts and labor.

yeah, i asked him if it would be possible and he said yes, but I didn't have that much money at the time to have it installed so I didn't get it.

AllGoNoShow
06-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Cool, well I will probably just get her a nice big package deal and pay for it and let her take it in whenever she wants for our 6 months or something.

Sounds like Derball will be getting the business.

One question, its seems Compustar (I think) is gettign more business then the Viper alarms, I thought Viper had everythign anyone could need and every raved about it, now its moved on or am I missing something?

silvercivicsir
06-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Aftermarket Electronic Immobilizer are Garbage unless it's installed from the factory/comes with the car, since the ECu is disabled. inaddition to the Fuel system.

the After market ones suck ass. It's just a fancy starter kill using a relay, which can be easily bypassed

88CRX
06-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by silvercivicsir
Aftermarket Electronic Immobilizer are Garbage unless it's installed from the factory/comes with the car, since the ECu is disabled. inaddition to the Fuel system.

the After market ones suck ass. It's just a fancy starter kill using a relay, which can be easily bypassed \

how?

switch off = no start
switch on = start

AllGoNoShow
06-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Yah but factory systems make the ECU cut fuel and spark so the car cannot start, where as Aftermarket cut power to the starter, easy to do a rolling start in a manual to get it started so it is kind of useless, makes it more of a hassle though.

'93 SR-V
06-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Yah but factory systems make the ECU cut fuel and spark so the car cannot start, where as Aftermarket cut power to the starter, easy to do a rolling start in a manual to get it started so it is kind of useless, makes it more of a hassle though.

This is true. However, it makes it harder, and thus your car is likely to be stolen. Also, if you can find a place that will do it, have them wire a relay into your fuel pump so that the power is cut off when the alarm is armed.... some aftermarket include this.

FlySi
06-02-2005, 07:14 PM
if a thief is going to break into your car, bypass the siren and bypass the mobilizer just to take it, just give him the damn thing

AllGoNoShow
06-02-2005, 08:30 PM
FkySi that is the point...

AN alarm and immbolizer only gets rid of the pests.

If someone really wants the car, nothing will stop them except being cuffed and taken away by blue and reds.

Immbilizers and Alarms don't prevent cars from being stolen, they just deter it.

afrotl
06-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Cool, well I will probably just get her a nice big package deal and pay for it and let her take it in whenever she wants for our 6 months or something.

Sounds like Derball will be getting the business.

One question, its seems Compustar (I think) is gettign more business then the Viper alarms, I thought Viper had everythign anyone could need and every raved about it, now its moved on or am I missing something?

I have had both and i prefer compustar you just have to get someone who knows how to install it right so you will have no issues if not you will keep going back to get it fixed. i just picked up the new one actually for my TL

saiyajin
07-13-2005, 01:03 AM
sorry for bringing up a somewhat old thread but...
im actually now in the process of getting a starter/alarm/keyless entry from compustar and since Dardell is no longer a sponsor..(why is that?? i was trying to find them in the sponsors page hah) are they still a reputable place to go to? and if i were to PM ray@dardell is he still on this board or am i better off just phoning them? and who should i speak with if any of you guys have dealt with them...or any other recommendations??
thanks!! :thumbsup:

u4ia
07-13-2005, 03:26 PM
^^

you should just go to their shop and talk to them. really nice guys. most likely you'll run into ryan (derdall) at the front desk and he'll be able to tell you anything you need to know. calling works too i suppose.

i don't see why they wouldn't still be reputable even though they are no longer sponsors.. i had a starter installed on my winter beater and have referred many friends to them, and everything's been great all around. and like many other people on here, i've also had some non-alarm related stuff fixed for free by derdall. i've yet to see this level of customer service at any other shop. so anyways.. the bottom line is i'd still highly recommend them.

saiyajin
07-13-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by u4ia
^^

you should just go to their shop and talk to them. really nice guys. most likely you'll run into ryan (derdall) at the front desk and he'll be able to tell you anything you need to know. calling works too i suppose.

i don't see why they wouldn't still be reputable even though they are no longer sponsors.. i had a starter installed on my winter beater and have referred many friends to them, and everything's been great all around. and like many other people on here, i've also had some non-alarm related stuff fixed for free by derdall. i've yet to see this level of customer service at any other shop. so anyways.. the bottom line is i'd still highly recommend them.

alrigth well i shot them a pm and il prob give them a call tomorrow

anyone else have any other places to recommend that i should maybe give a call tomorrow?? im just shopping around for prices right now

afrotl
07-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin

alrigth well i shot them a pm and il prob give them a call tomorrow

anyone else have any other places to recommend that i should maybe give a call tomorrow?? im just shopping around for prices right now

if you are getting a compustar I will recommend Auto Dream but it not I recommend Visions on Macleod and ask for Sean in install tell him Carl sent you

afrotl
07-13-2005, 11:36 PM
by the way AllGoNoShow I thought you were going to set up a thread with list of Audio and alarm installers?

AllGoNoShow
07-13-2005, 11:42 PM
Yah I got sidetracked, plus the gf is no longer the gf so I haven't had as much looking in to do, but I sitll watch this place so if I go hunting for one for the Regal then I will make a big post for it, unless u guys want one maybe I will whip one up tomorrow after a car meet.

saiyajin
07-13-2005, 11:44 PM
whip one up please haha cuz im looking for places to get an alarm :D

afrotl
07-13-2005, 11:49 PM
cool do you still have the list I sent you or do you need me to resend it to you....let me know.

AllGoNoShow
07-13-2005, 11:51 PM
If it was PM I still got it, if it was Email, I dont know if I got it, send it anwyays.

afrotl
07-14-2005, 12:02 AM
If it was PM I still got it, if it was Email, I dont know if I got it, send it anwyays.

it was PM