PDA

View Full Version : Tivo?

Singel
06-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Is there TIVO in Canada? Since I've been working nights I've had to tape some of my favourite shows, and actually like it cuz it saves so much time on commercials. Is TIVO available in Canada yet, if so how much is it (any monthly payments too?)

BumpinTalon
06-01-2005, 01:33 PM
if you upgrade and get Shaw's super expensive (I think it was $750) digital cable box, the new Motorola one, you can set it up to automatically record your favorite series. not quite Tivo, but close. and you get a bunch more channels too.

Singel
06-01-2005, 01:44 PM
^One time thing (No inrease in monthly payments)? Still an awful lot to pay for only a bit more convenient than the VCR

rage2
06-01-2005, 01:47 PM
I think you can rent the PVR's with ExpressVu, so you don't have to pay in one huge chunk.

BumpinTalon
06-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Singel
^One time thing (No inrease in monthly payments)? Still an awful lot to pay for only a bit more convenient than the VCR

its a one time thing (thank God)
if you have an HDTV, it is definitely worth it. I haven't tried Shaw VOD yet, but it seems pretty cool too.

Hakkola
06-01-2005, 02:09 PM
It is cool, at shaw surftime we also hook you up with $180 in programming credits, which includes 10 months of movie central and some free ppv movies and other stuff thrown in there.

You can actually record another show while you watch or record two shows at the same time. I'd buy it but I can't afford it right now.

xDiMSuMx
06-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
It is cool, at shaw surftime we also hook you up with $180 in programming credits, which includes 10 months of movie central and some free ppv movies and other stuff thrown in there.

You can actually record another show while you watch or record two shows at the same time. I'd buy it but I can't afford it right now.

yea but make sure if u buy it from surftime, go to marketmall and not chinook
:rofl:

Hakkola
06-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Haha, yeah, I'll be workin there too will.

xDiMSuMx
06-01-2005, 02:31 PM
haha damnit
stay at your own mall