PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here work for Telus?

davidI
06-01-2005, 05:13 PM
I want to get a new phone/plan soon and was wondering if anyone could hook me up?

benyl
06-01-2005, 05:51 PM
You want Mobility or a landline?

Def_3
06-01-2005, 06:24 PM
I work for Mobility

davidI
06-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by benyl
You want Mobility or a landline?
Should have clarified sorry, Mobility

Originally posted by Def_3
I work for Mobility
Check PM

ramminghard
06-01-2005, 10:25 PM
can employee's get people better plans?

benyl
06-01-2005, 10:28 PM
nope. They can get you cheaper phones though. They do however get a substantial discount on their personal plan if they choose to get one.

BebeAphrodite
06-01-2005, 11:31 PM
^^- I think you mean Telus landline because I heard from some Telus employees that they get 30% discount on their plan. As for phones, I think Telus landline employees get discounts on some phones... or the last time I checked.

As for Telus Mobility, there are no discounts on plans or phones. There USED to be demo lines but they got rid of them last year sometime (I don't remember) and as for phones, the company I worked for last year used to give a discount on a phone if you signed a term w/ the company but only for the employee - not even for family ... but they've gotten rid of that policy too so now it's normal price as well.
So as it's sitting, the policy at the three previous Telus Mobility stores that I worked for, employees neither got a discount on plans or phones. The only discounts we received were on accessories and it was even difficult to do that because there had to be clearance on the items through the managers. I'm not sure what the other Telus Mobility dealerships do in regards to discounts on phones but I know for sure there are no discounts on the plans.

lint
06-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite
^^- I think you mean Telus landline because I heard from some Telus employees that they get 30% discount on their plan. As for phones, I think Telus landline employees get discounts on some phones... or the last time I checked.

As for Telus Mobility, there are no discounts on plans or phones. There USED to be demo lines but they got rid of them last year sometime (I don't remember) and as for phones, the company I worked for last year used to give a discount on a phone if you signed a term w/ the company but only for the employee - not even for family ... but they've gotten rid of that policy too so now it's normal price as well.
So as it's sitting, the policy at the three previous Telus Mobility stores that I worked for, employees neither got a discount on plans or phones. The only discounts we received were on accessories and it was even difficult to do that because there had to be clearance on the items through the managers. I'm not sure what the other Telus Mobility dealerships do in regards to discounts on phones but I know for sure there are no discounts on the plans.

I get plenty of discounts. The perks are pretty good I would say.

Working for a TM dealer is different than working for TM.

lint
06-02-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by ramminghard
can employee's get people better plans?

Originally posted by benyl
nope. They can get you cheaper phones though. They do however get a substantial discount on their personal plan if they choose to get one.

TM employees CAN get better plans, but they would also have to be responsible for them. Hence I would only do it for family and very close friends.

BebeAphrodite
06-02-2005, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by lint

I get plenty of discounts. The perks are pretty good I would say.

Working for a TM dealer is different than working for TM.

he he he, ya I should have clarified that I meant TM dealer but I mentioned the policies of the dealerships that I had worked at. I wasn't too sure what TM offered their employees.

-side note- even for accessories, I only do it for close friends as well because it takes too much 'clearance' to get these items even tho the stores are still making 10% on the items... meh..

lint
06-02-2005, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

he he he, ya I should have clarified that I meant TM dealer but I mentioned the policies of the dealerships that I had worked at. I wasn't too sure what TM offered their employees.

-side note- even for accessories, I only do it for close friends as well because it takes too much 'clearance' to get these items even tho the stores are still making 10% on the items... meh..

They encourage us to purchase phones and accessories through the employee store. The rate plans, that's another story.

Def_3
06-02-2005, 02:07 PM
edited

Def_3
06-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by lint

TM employees CAN get better plans, but they would also have to be responsible for them. Hence I would only do it for family and very close friends. :werd:

lint
06-02-2005, 02:50 PM
edited