PDA

View Full Version : Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

Xtrema
06-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Just google it....... (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Where+in+the+world+is+carmen+sandiego&spell=1)

Another sign that google = god :thumbsup:

In case the result changes click me (http://googlefoundcarmensandiego.ytmnd.com/)

RickDaTuner
06-01-2005, 09:37 PM
err whats the point of this?

Xtrema
06-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Sorry, i'm just a big geek.

RickDaTuner
06-01-2005, 09:45 PM
no its cool just wondering if it was used for something or if the Uber geeks @ google just had nothing better to do, and just placed random World locations to mistify people and informing them on Where in the world carmen Sandiego is:cry:

rmk
06-01-2005, 09:55 PM
lol. does anyone remember the old computer game? and tv show? i used to play that game on our old 486 (or whatever) with the single orange screen for hours.... the old show on pbs was actually quite cool. they had to place the lights on the map that was on the floor on which country the question was. and they had those fruits that sung the carmen sandiego song in accapella. uhhhhhhh, i have a feeling i'm alone on this one.:rofl:

lam-boy
06-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by rmk
lol. does anyone remember the old computer game? and tv show? i used to play that game on our old 486 (or whatever) with the single orange screen for hours.... the old show on pbs was actually quite cool. they had to place the lights on the map that was on the floor on which country the question was. and they had those fruits that sung the carmen sandiego song in accapella. uhhhhhhh, i have a feeling i'm alone on this one.:rofl:

nope i used to watch that show before haha.

hampstor
06-01-2005, 11:00 PM
man that was a long time ago... i remember BERTHA BRUTE from the TV show :D

core_upt
06-02-2005, 12:58 AM
had the game for my apple II/e!!!
old school

the tv show was rad too, but no one could ever get the countries. good times!

Godfuader
06-02-2005, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by rmk

:rofl: :rofl: I was thinkin about postin something about me watchin it back in the day, but wanted to wait till someone else did. Those kids were stupid! I would have ripped shit apart especially those accapella singers lol

Xtrema
06-02-2005, 06:43 AM
^ And that's the point of this thread. Good times.....

ronaldo
06-02-2005, 08:08 AM
that game was amazing, it used to keep me busy for hours...i miss it:cry:

lude_grl
06-02-2005, 08:13 AM
i miss that show.
hahaha ah childhood memories

SwitchBlade
06-02-2005, 08:18 AM
carmen Sandiego was the shit, i remember when they had those rockapella singers

Phy
06-02-2005, 08:18 AM
I remember watching that show... the last part was always annoying. "The warrant!" The game itself kicked some ass, but they stole some goofy shit. I always wondered, how the fuck do you steal an entire stadium?

CRXguy
06-02-2005, 08:54 AM
I used to watch in on PBS all the time! :rofl: :thumbsup: :cry:

rmk
06-02-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Godfuader

:rofl: :rofl: I was thinkin about postin something about me watchin it back in the day, but wanted to wait till someone else did. Those kids were stupid! I would have ripped shit apart especially those accapella singers lol

:rofl: werd, when they came to calgary on their travelling mall show, my mom drove us all to market mall to watch the cheap mall version. but the host greg was there and i can't remember if the chief came too.... boy, i can't believe i posted that. :nut:

BumpinTalon
06-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Phy
I remember watching that show... the last part was always annoying. "The warrant!" The game itself kicked some ass, but they stole some goofy shit. I always wondered, how the fuck do you steal an entire stadium?

hahahah yeah I forgot about that!! :rofl: what a kick ass game. I snuck a few minutes of playin it in computers class, way back when like grade 3, on the macintosh at school ... :D classic!

three.eighteen.
06-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by rmk

:rofl: werd, when they came to calgary on their travelling mall show, my mom drove us all to market mall to watch the cheap mall version. but the host greg was there and i can't remember if the chief came too.... boy, i can't believe i posted that. :nut:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

rage2
06-02-2005, 09:12 AM
haha I loved that game. I learned so much useless facts from that game.

sputnik
06-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by rage2
haha I loved that game. I learned so much useless facts from that game.

Perhaps you should have spent some time playing a grammar game instead. ;) :tongue:

Carmen Sandiego got quite a bit of play on my old Apple II/e, along with The Oregon Trail and Fraction Munchers.

CRXguy
06-02-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

...... along with The Oregon Trail and Fraction Munchers.

Now this brings back more memories! :rofl:

BumpinTalon
06-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

Perhaps you should have spent some time playing a grammar game instead. ;) :tongue:

Carmen Sandiego got quite a bit of play on my old Apple II/e, along with The Oregon Trail and Fraction Munchers.

hahaha holy I forgot about Fraction Munchers, that game was classic.. and the Oregon Trail, ahh the memories. I remember if you put "fart" or "penis" on a gravestone you were the Biggest Badass in all of school and were famous for like five minutes.

atomic
06-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by rmk
lol. does anyone remember the old computer game? and tv show? i used to play that game on our old 486 (or whatever) with the single orange screen for hours...

hehe holpefully you didn't have a 486 with CGA "orange screen" :P . maybe 808x or 286 ;)

it was one of my favourite games when i was a kid too! on my ol' apple ][

PR#6

Mad$ella
06-02-2005, 09:48 AM
Inspector Gaget kick Carmen Sandiego's ASS!!!!

babiedoll
06-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Carmen Sandiego was the best show!!! :thumbsup: I wanted to buy the rockapella cd but my mom wouldn't let me...:thumbsdow did anyone watch square one or ghostwriter, too? They were sort of right after each other...

abyss
06-02-2005, 10:37 AM
I LOVED Oregon trail! Way more than the Mavis Beacon I was supposed to be doing on the old Apple. HAHA good times, good times.

rmk
06-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by babiedoll
Carmen Sandiego was the best show!!! :thumbsup: I wanted to buy the rockapella cd but my mom wouldn't let me...:thumbsdow did anyone watch square one or ghostwriter, too? They were sort of right after each other...

we always played o. trail and see who could make everyone dead in the quickest amount of time.

:clap: ghostwriter was great!! remember when everyone would be solving the mysteries and alex and his sister would be stuck in the bodega working? that that girl who always played on the electric piano... the best episodes were either when the guys had the halloween masks and those little flashhights and were stealing stuff or when the parents found the big doobie in alex's room :rofl:

edit: i am a loser!:nut:

Phy
06-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Ghost Rider > Ghostwriter.

Strider
06-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Number munchers was the best

http://www.pcgaming.ws/viewgame.php?game=number_munchers

lam-boy
06-02-2005, 01:34 PM
bahaha man this thread brings back memories.

babiedoll
06-02-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by rmk

:clap: ghostwriter was great!! remember when everyone would be solving the mysteries and alex and his sister would be stuck in the bodega working?

Oh the Bodega!!!! haha...I was always fascinated by the bamboo curtains that seperated alex and gabi's bed in their room!!!

and the little floating dot was sooooo cute:D

Rockski
06-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by rmk

man i watched that show all the time and we played the game in school, fucking swank. :thumbsup:

anybody rememeber 3 2 1 contact?

and ghostwriter sucked ass :D

rmk
06-02-2005, 03:36 PM
what about kidstreet? i think that's what it was called, where they sat in the little race cars and clapped with their hands over their heads?? :rofl: my buddy's sis was on it back in the day and actually won some stuff:thumbsup:

Nissanaddict
06-02-2005, 06:46 PM
haha yeah. I always thought they were stupid for clapping over their heads like that.....the Bodega, THATS what it was called. :p haha. Carmen Sandiego...stealing a stadium. Although I think Inpsector Gadget did rock all that shit out of the house...as did Tiny Toons. Warner brothers cartoons are STILL funny. Plus, what modern cartoons are based on some strange bald guy with a rifle trying to shoot a rabbit the whole time? They don't have those kinda things anymore, and kids need them.

DarkDream
06-03-2005, 06:59 PM
hahaha man Carmen Sandiego was the best.....

Memories hahaha:D

Seanith
06-03-2005, 07:40 PM
DO IT ROCKAPELLA!!

boo up bap ba boo up :rofl:

DarkDream
06-03-2005, 08:24 PM
^^ hahahaha:rofl:

sexualbanana
06-05-2005, 08:23 PM
I LOVED Ghost Writer back in the day. Anyone remember the episode where the dot had to track down a "hacker?" That was cool at the time.

I swear the Square One was the only reason I did so well in elementary math. Had that show continued through high school, I might've actually done well in math.

D'z Nutz
06-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Bwahahaha! You can always tell who was an 80's child!

I remember Square One TV! I used to watch that all the time. In fact, I remember the episodes with Yeardly Smith on the Mathnet (parody of Dragnet) skits. When The Simpson's first aired, I immediately recognized Lisa Simpson's voice as the girl from Mathnet! Hahaha!

I used to watch Kidstreet too. Actually, I used to play along with friends where one of us would sit out during one round and answer the questions and then we'd switch, just like on the show :rofl: Kidstreet clap! :clap:

I really never watched Ghost Writer though. My sister's did. One of Samual L Jackson 's first acting gigs was on that show, so I kinda wish I did watch (atleast those episodes). Hahaha!

EK 2.0
06-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I LOVED Ghost Writer back in the day. Anyone remember the episode where the dot had to track down a "hacker?" That was cool at the time.

I swear the Square One was the only reason I did so well in elementary math. Had that show continued through high school, I might've actually done well in math.

Ghost writer was the shit Gav...damn that was a good show...

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Bwahahaha! You can always tell who was an 80's child!

I remember Square One TV! I used to watch that all the time. In fact, I remember the episodes with Yeardly Smith on the Mathnet (parody of Dragnet) skits. When The Simpson's first aired, I immediately recognized Lisa Simpson's voice as the girl from Mathnet! Hahaha!

I used to watch Kidstreet too. Actually, I used to play along with friends where one of us would sit out during one round and answer the questions and then we'd switch, just like on the show :rofl: Kidstreet clap! :clap:

I really never watched Ghost Writer though. My sister's did. One of Samual L Jackson 's first acting gigs was on that show, so I kinda wish I did watch (atleast those episodes). Hahaha!

Kidstreet huh??...loosah...haha...

some of my close childhood friends were on that show...I was ALWAYS soooo jealous of the kids who got the toys...fucking spoiled brats...

sexualbanana
06-05-2005, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
some of my close childhood friends were on that show...I was ALWAYS soooo jealous of the kids who got the toys...fucking spoiled brats...

Dude, I always (and still do) wanted to play with all the toys on that gigantic shelf of prizes!