PDA

View Full Version : Renovations - need reputable contractor

grideTLS
06-02-2005, 12:46 PM
I have decided to put some money into my house instead of selling and purchasing a newer home. That being said, I would like to know if someone on beyond might know of a reputable, trustworthy contractor with knowledge of various trades? The work will involve the following:

1. New doors, oak casing, and oak jams

2. Hardwood flooring (living room and 3 bedrooms)

3. Re-designing closets (custom organizers) and sliding mirror closet doors.

4. 2 bathroom upgrades

5. Various tile work

If you know of someone who is available, and may drop by and provide a free quote/estimate on the work required, please PM me their contact details.

Much appreciated.

djpacman
06-02-2005, 02:06 PM
my buddy has been installing hard wood for year's now & is very good & usualy charges around half off regular price,pm me if intrested

cman
06-02-2005, 02:17 PM
PM user barmanjay, he does renovations for a living.

frostyda9
06-03-2005, 01:20 PM
DIY. None of that stuff is brain surgery.

KoukiS14
06-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9
DIY. None of that stuff is brain surgery.

Maybe some people are too busy to "Do It Themselves" and have cash to pay someone to do it.

frostyda9
06-03-2005, 01:48 PM
It was just a suggestion ;)

Hakkola
06-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Be really careful who you are dealing with, we've been doing renovations for almost 2 months now and we've already had to fire and or report 3 people who have been working in our house, one was stealing materials and another guy even said we didn't need a permit for our gas lines....

You probably know this crap but I'm just venting about some of the idiots we've had in our house. Good luck with your reno's, hopefully you find someone who does good work. If I were you I'd ask them to see some of their previous work regardless of how many of his friends vouch for him.