PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here work at an airport??

Chiggles
06-02-2005, 04:14 PM
How often do car break-ins occur at the lots there? I ask cuz I'm leaving town for a few days this weekend, but I'm not sure how safe it is to leave my car at the airport for a couple of days?? Ideally, I'd like to leave it in the garage at home, but then it's like a $40 cab ride there and I have to deal with dragging that massive luggage around, so in that light, driving myself to the airport would seem less hassle. But how safe is it?

Edit: I know they're supposed to be patrolled, yes, but how often? Basically I'm tring to get an idea about how secure the airports are OUTSIDE the terminal. Everyone knows security measures have been stepped up inside the complex and on the planes and such, but nobody's really discussed how secure the rest of the grounds are.

ecstasy_civic
06-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Well, employee lots dont seem to be very safe, 3 guys from work have had their vehicles broken into.

Id suggest a park and ride.:thumbsup:
Pay a little, but the peace of mind is worth alot.

Melinda
06-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Why dont you get a friend to drive you? For half the cost of the taxi, I'm sure you could find a beyond member who'd be willing to drive you right upto the departure gates

Wakalimasu
06-02-2005, 07:14 PM
security is stepped up?

o_O

yah :angel:

get a bud to drive you

InfiniteJoy
06-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Way to make me worry :nut:

I'm in San Francisco right now, and my car is in the Edmonton employee parking lot :P