PDA

View Full Version : SRT10 What are they doing???

BlkMaxima
06-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Me and a buddy saw this truck at the Co-op gas station on 130 Ave by Mckenzie, The hood was popd and it looked like they were working on something, But I couldn't figure out what it was. They had a hose going under the hood it looked like it was hooked up to a Vacume line or something, Any body have any guesses?????http://img10.echo.cx/img10/4592/02060510076bx.jpg

I thought it was an oil change at 1st until I saw the hose hooked up to a vacume line or something!

Edit: The hose led into a bucket!!!

ecstasy_civic
06-02-2005, 05:02 PM
oops? :rofl:

hahahaha

calgarys13
06-02-2005, 05:50 PM
i used to work there..wouldn't suprise me if the idiots put in diesel and they're draining the fuel tank

BlkMaxima
06-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Really hahahaha:rofl:

Kirbs17
06-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Nice truck, but damn, that would suck

dj_honda
06-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by calgarys13
i used to work there..wouldn't suprise me if the idiots put in diesel and they're draining the fuel tank

judging by the "full serve" sign and the fact that its a co-op, i would be fairly certain that is the case.

i have never used full service, and never will.

Mike09
06-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Can't be full serve the fuel lid door is on the self serve side. Maybe the owner filled it with the wrong gas.

BumpinTalon
06-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Mike09
Can't be full serve the fuel lid door is on the self serve side. Maybe the owner filled it with the wrong gas.

he probably owns a regular diesel Dodge truck too and forgot that he was driving the one with 505 horsepower since they look somewhat the same

dj_honda
06-02-2005, 08:01 PM

yea you're right, didnt even notice that. although i saw it happen to a hd pickup once before at a coop at the full serve lol

GoChris
06-02-2005, 08:53 PM
you can fill a tank with the door on the wrong side and it looks like the gas door is open so maybe thats what they did.

it happens once in a while so probably put the wrong gas in. although...usually diesel pumps have a larger diameter opening on the pump and wont fit into the truck.

streetarab
06-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by GoChris
you can fill a tank with the door on the wrong side and it looks like the gas door is open so maybe thats what they did.

it happens once in a while so probably put the wrong gas in. although...usually diesel pumps have a larger diameter opening on the pump and wont fit into the truck.
they probably had a smaller pump for the cars...

lastprodigy
06-02-2005, 10:59 PM
so does it harshly fuck it up? or can they get it all out (if its the case)

brandon
06-02-2005, 11:03 PM

It's to far away to fill up from ethier side (it looks like the truck started to take off then came back)

AllGoNoShow
06-02-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
so does it harshly fuck it up? or can they get it all out (if its the case)

You can drain the shit, take off the line goign to the engine and fire the pump up and flush it out, it can take awhile though, but its better then running that shit through the engine so its well worth it.

duffspec
06-03-2005, 07:01 AM
Dummy had to put in the wrong petrol! :rofl:

toyboy88
06-03-2005, 02:34 PM
full serve = sh*t serve :D

the try and put more and more and more gas in...until it frickin flows out :guns:

Supa Dexta
06-03-2005, 03:46 PM
I've never had a problem with full serve (besides the odd accident where you say 20 and they fill it or something, but they usually take the hit)... Until the past few years most gas stations in NS were mainly full service.. But slowly more and more are becoming self serve.. Sad, especially when you hear the stories of how years and years ago, they did everything, wash the windows, check the fluids, check air pressures..etc.. but no one has time for that nowadays..

:)

M_Power
06-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
I've never had a problem with full serve (besides the odd accident where you say 20 and they fill it or something, but they usually take the hit)... Until the past few years most gas stations in NS were mainly full service.. But slowly more and more are becoming self serve.. Sad, especially when you hear the stories of how years and years ago, they did everything, wash the windows, check the fluids, check air pressures..etc.. but no one has time for that nowadays..

Personally I like filling up myself. I always feel like a prick watching some attendant fill up my truck when its -30, even tho its there job haha.

trikypenguin
06-03-2005, 03:59 PM
i prefer to do it all myself

cman
06-03-2005, 04:08 PM
my highschool job was a pump jockey at a gas station, my advice to you people. unless you know somebody who is working or get an attendant over the age of 30 i would suggest going to self serve as the job is pretty much an excuse to dick around and lots of shit gets done horribly or fucked up.
when a vehicle gets filled with the wrong gas the station will call a tow truck and tow it to your dealer and usually you will lose it for over the night.

s dime
06-03-2005, 07:41 PM
^ What happened to your grammar buddy? Drunk already? ( J/K )

That's not where the gas tank is located ( where the guy is lying ) so I dont think that is the problem. :dunno:

AllGoNoShow
06-03-2005, 08:16 PM
But the fuel lines run to the engine which is were they could be underneath.

I wouldn't be suprised, a few people always assume big truck = diesel, new jack at work + truck = disaster for some.

cman
06-03-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by s dime
^ What happened to your grammar buddy? Drunk already? ( J/K )

That's not where the gas tank is located ( where the guy is lying ) so I dont think that is the problem. :dunno:
fucking prick, your not supposed to say that shit on here geevin haha.
just gettin' er done buddy, you know how it is.
*edit* ryan m gets the title of first puke of the night at 9:10 whoo

streetarab
06-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Sad, especially when you hear the stories of how years and years ago, they did everything, wash the windows, check the fluids, check air pressures..etc.. but no one has time for that nowadays..

theres too many cars for that now, 'years and years ago' not everyone had a car, so it was easier to give a few people more service, now there are just too many cars on the road

Originally posted by M_Power
Personally I like filling up myself. I always feel like a prick watching some attendant fill up my truck when its -30, even tho its there job haha.
i should feel like a prick :thumbsup:

i pumped gas for two years, it was great in the summer, but in the winter, life was just bad

think about it though, wouldnt they push the truck out of the way? whatever they are doin there is blockin a pump. i highly doubt if diesel was put in it they would try to drain it all right there, youd probably have to drop the tank, i dont think they would do that in front of a pump...

googe
06-04-2005, 08:03 PM
if it wasnt diesel he might have put in regular (87 octane) gas. most people assume trucks dont have viper engines in them :nut:

QuadDodge
06-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Super nice truck though

duffspec
06-06-2005, 07:53 AM
Not always the attendents fault, I think he should of pulled up to the right pimp, if that was the situation. :dunno:

ACX
06-07-2005, 03:44 PM
probably hydraulic wing fluid so it doesn't cozy up against the cab..

I've seen that twice in the last 4 days and have marvelled at why the wing is there.

:eek:

p.s. I've heard a diesel nozzle won't fit a normal gas one.. :burnout:

No idea though

BumpinTalon
06-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by ACX

p.s. I've heard a diesel nozzle won't fit a normal gas one.. :burnout:

with the right angle and proper motion and force, you can fit anything into anywhere.

BokCh0y
06-07-2005, 04:12 PM
full serve sucks.

my brother inlaw went to some co-op gas station, the attendant filled the car up, checked the oil and that was that right? Nope, bro was drivng down deerfoot and WHAMO - hood flew open and wrapped itself around the roof of the car. Attendant forgot to close the hood all the way!?!?!?!

Another friend had his car filled up with Diesel cuz the attendant grabbed the wrong pump!!!!!!!!

This other time my mom went to co-op to fill up, the attendant grabbed the pump nozzle and when he was trying to stick it into the gas tank he hit the top of where the fuel door is and took off a chunk of paint!!!!!!!

Personally I like to fill it myself and keep an eye on what's happening. But that's just me.

illeagle
06-07-2005, 05:24 PM
I only use full serve if it's a company car. Other than that i fill it up myself, i feel bad if i just sit there while somone pumps gas for me.

SRT10 owner got owned. How much is a new fuel pump for a viper?? lol

EK 2.0
06-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
I only use full serve if it's a company car. Other than that i fill it up myself, i feel bad if i just sit there while somone pumps gas for me.

SRT10 owner got owned. How much is a new fuel pump for a viper?? lol

Meh, just swap in a Walbro 255LPH...;)

ACX
06-08-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon

with the right angle and proper motion and force, you can fit anything into anywhere.

Sounds like prom night. :bigpimp: :nut: :rofl:

djstefan
06-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Having the hood up and a guy under is a normal trend for American cars. :D

AllGoNoShow
06-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Kind of true, but once they get going, DAMMMMMNNNN *zoom*

Nissanaddict
06-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Good ol Coop gas bars. dickin around to the max. Actually us Shawnessy guys were kinda famous, my friends in other locations heard stories through managers and shit about our attic and such. Or the "love nest" as it was called. :D