PDA

View Full Version : water in engine!!

R34-crazy
06-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Who knows how much water it takes to run through your engin to really mess it up! :confused:

gpomp
06-02-2005, 05:08 PM
this much --> <---

88CRX
06-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by R34-crazy
Who knows how much water it takes to run through your engin to really mess it up! :confused:

2L

seriously tho... did you submerge the whole filter in a pool or what?

R34-crazy
06-02-2005, 05:15 PM
no.. apparently the fuel pump i bought had a little water in it :cry: so now bmw wants to replace my whole fuel system which is going to cost around $2500. So my question is... do i fix it or not.. i want to know if the engin will be ok when i fix this problem.

Primer_Drift
06-02-2005, 05:27 PM
wait.. u bought a fuel pump with water in it? how much water are we talking here? Seems kinda extreme to have to replace the ENTIRE fuel system because of a little water.. water in fuel makes it turn to a nasty gel like substance that clogs lines and injectors etc.. but that is only if it has been sitting for a while. Lots of water in an engine is pretty bad, but a little water injected with the fuel.. I couldn't see that destroying anything but gas mileage and emissions.

Zero102
06-02-2005, 05:32 PM
I can't see that doing much damage. Even if the fuel pump was completely filled with water, which would just be stupid. I think they're trying to take you for a ride on this one. How does the car run?

R34-crazy
06-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Yeah i think they mightbe tryin to make some mad cash from me.. The car is not runing well at all.. very rough idle and almost no pickup..

benyl
06-02-2005, 08:52 PM
It doesn't take very much water at all to fuck up your car. Remember, water does not compress.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
06-02-2005, 09:40 PM
wouldnt the water turn to steam then get expelled with all the other exaust gasses ?

and is there not also aquamist systems that inject water directly into the cylinder to prevent detonation on boosted vehicles ?

gpomp
06-03-2005, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO
wouldnt the water turn to steam then get expelled with all the other exaust gasses ?

water can't vaporize in the cylinder while your pistons are going 5 million meters per second.

sexualbanana
06-03-2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO

and is there not also aquamist systems that inject water directly into the cylinder to prevent detonation on boosted vehicles ?

It also strips the oil from the cylinder causing it to seize. When that happens, the piston stops but the engine keeps going. Meaning the rod has nowhere to go but OUT.

Not cool. Believe me.

Hakkola
06-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Where'd you buy it from and who installed it? If it's from BMW and they installed it they should be paying to fix it.

Fivewayradio
06-03-2005, 12:28 PM
If it's one of the BMW dealers in town that wants to replace your fuel system I wouldn't be at all surprised. In fact I'm surprised they're not saying you need to replace the entire motor.