PDA

View Full Version : Paypal

Khalil
06-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Hey guys..
anyone here use paypal?

I was wondering, is it possible to pay through paypal..but get the product your buying shipped to a different address than whats on file?

I'm buying something off ebay, but he doesnt ship to canada...so I need the person to ship it to my sis's boyfriend in the states..

The thing is...I dont know if paypal / ebay allows you to ship to a address different from the one on file?

also the item says:

SALES TERMS & CONDITIONS

Payment Options:

PayPal: Confirmed address from PayPal is needed.
Credit Card through PaPal: Master, Visa, Discover, American Express.
Money Order/Cashier Check: Please sepicify ebay Item number on check.
We accept Bidpay Money Order.
Personal Check: Check will be held for 7 days

anyone able ot help me out?

oddjob
06-02-2005, 06:42 PM
If he needs a confirmed address, you can't unfortunatly.

RickDaTuner
06-02-2005, 06:42 PM
edit missed the part about the confirmed adress part....wooops

RickDaTuner
06-02-2005, 06:45 PM
why not pay with your CC directly?

BebeAphrodite
06-02-2005, 06:49 PM
I had a similar situation on ebay. I have two addresses and different credit cards are sent to different addresses.
One of my addresses is a confirmed address and another isn't. Typically I always pay w/ my unconfirmed address and I've never had an issue with it but I DO have an address that is confirmed.
I purchased something w/ my paypal account and then sent a message to the sender to send it to an alternate address and he agreed (mind you, he only shipped to the states so I had to get an American address).
Basically it would be up to the sender. Send him an email to see if he will be okay with it.

Weapon_R
06-02-2005, 06:55 PM
If your address is not confirmed, most sellers will not sell to you. There are a lot of scammers who scam these guys through unconfirmed addresses.

Ziess
06-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Paypal is a tricky thing, along with ebay. There are just so many scammers out there it is hard to protect your self, the buyer, and paypal. As far as I know, after a good years now of paypal use, you can’t send it to anywhere other then the place specified within the paypal account. I think your best bet is to call the buy/company and tell them your situation. It is possible that they will ship it right to you if you just talk to them.

-Tim