PDA

View Full Version : Sport Compact challenge?

Madspinner
06-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Hey just wondering when the dates are for the SCC this year , does anyone have any info on these , thanks

Melinda
06-03-2005, 03:47 PM
The Edmonton date is September 17, not sure if there will be a Calgary show this year.

louren22
06-07-2005, 07:40 PM
August 20th for Race City.

Aleks
07-25-2005, 07:54 AM
http://www.sportcompactchallenge.ca/

I might try and enter the drag racing this year. Anyone else thinking of running?

RickDaTuner
07-25-2005, 08:29 AM
no auto cross? :thumbsdow

finboy
07-25-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

teh suck :(

if i remember correctly, last year had a lot of cars breaking/blowing head gaskets/etc. dunno if i would push my car to its hardest in that heat, but i'll see how the weather is.

JAYMEZ
07-25-2005, 10:35 AM
^^ Lol i rememeber that.... but i also remember the masquitos :cry:

Z_Fan
07-25-2005, 01:07 PM
There was an auto-cross last year. No trophies for it though. (Unfortunately)

In any case, August 20th is Calgary's date. September 17th is Edmonton's date. There isn't one in Saskatchewan this year. (Last year there was I believe!)

Should be lots of fast cars there. And ofcourse, lots of well done show cars too for the show n shine portion of the event. Some pretty nice stuff there last year. :bigpimp:

JAYMEZ
07-25-2005, 02:26 PM
Im gonna sign up for this bad boy , Beyond booth representing???

Primer_Drift
07-25-2005, 02:29 PM
Damn I really want to get my car done for one of these events, I should look into what kinda of limitations they have for the classes..

Z_Fan
07-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Was there teams at this thing last year? Where the fastest team won an award? Or was that only at Edmonton? I seem to recall some big deal about an error that happened in Edmonton where someone failed to clearly identify their team on their registration form and so they lost the fastest team award. LOL. Ooops.

Inzane
07-25-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
Or was that only at Edmonton? I seem to recall some big deal about an error that happened in Edmonton where someone failed to clearly identify their team on their registration form and so they lost the fastest team award. LOL. Ooops.

Oh fuck, don't start that shit up again... Just leave it alone.

:eek: :banghead:

:D

1-Bar
07-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
^^ Lol i rememeber that.... but i also remember the masquitos :cry:

werd....that was the highlight of the day!!

And this was definately not the highlight of the day.....

:rofl:

ewwww (http://forums.beyond.ca/attachment.php?s=&postid=667421)

Skyline_Addict
07-25-2005, 07:47 PM
damn, if i only had an extra month, my car would be there!

88CRX
07-25-2005, 07:58 PM
car should be done by then..... hope to have it in the show n' shine portion.

88CRX
07-25-2005, 08:05 PM
ya, its only 4 members per team..... might just register as an idividual, unless anyone needs another slow riced out car for their team :D

autoBITCH
07-25-2005, 09:52 PM
DRIFTING!!!!!!!

invite only?!?!?!

RickDaTuner
07-26-2005, 11:15 AM
ha! so there is Auto X... well im done.. and there haha, Beyond represent WOOT!!!

I already have R compound Slicks in line for the event too.. W3RD :thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
07-26-2005, 11:19 AM
My STi should be finished as well , I think ill bring both cars :D

Melinda
07-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by autoBITCH
DRIFTING!!!!!!!

invite only?!?!?!
Yep, they dont want every tom, dick and harry thinking they're drifter supreme and getting out on the track with all the other guys and killing everyone or completely destroying their cars cause they dont know what they're doing. Drifting is a demontration part of the night, not a competition between everyone. So they invite people that they know will give the crowd an awesome show. :)

JAYMEZ
07-26-2005, 11:58 AM
^^^ And thats the way it should be...

So whos gonna go under Beyond?

Also are trophies going to be handed out to EVERY Class that shows , i remember last year we had 3 subarus , and no subaru class was awarded , it was a waste of my time and money to not see who won.

Sky
07-26-2005, 12:35 PM
I will make it out to the Autocross/Drag........too bad they don't count any Autocrossing points for team competition.

Z_Fan
07-26-2005, 05:46 PM
I'd be willing to represent beyond.ca for the 1/4 mile. :devil:

finboy
07-26-2005, 06:50 PM
i'll show up, but my car is not competition worthy in looks/speed/handling, hahahaha

Aleks
07-26-2005, 07:01 PM
I'd be willing to represent beyond.ca for the 1/4 mile. :devil:

LOL the red car might represent well ;)

tsi_neal
07-26-2005, 07:08 PM

Originally posted by finboy

teh suck :(

if i remember correctly, last year had a lot of cars breaking/blowing head gaskets/etc. dunno if i would push my car to its hardest in that heat, but i'll see how the weather is.

ha! so there is Auto X... well im done.. and there haha, Beyond represent WOOT!!!

I already have R compound Slicks in line for the event too.. W3RD :thumbsup:

You guys might want to check out the canadian national autocross event in red deer on the 20/21. Were hoping to see 120+ cars, and some top level driving. Ive got the feeling that if autoX is your bag there will be no better place to be that weekend. Personally im getting pretty pumped, its gonna be nuts! (and imo nothing at the SCC will compare :guns: )

Z_Fan
07-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Aleks - Oh, I was thinking in the SRT-4. :poosie:

Right. Yeah, the red car would be better. :D

ecstasy_civic
07-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Aleks - Oh, I was thinking in the SRT-4. :poosie:

Right. Yeah, the red car would be better. :D

Mark Seto
07-26-2005, 08:00 PM
The event starts at 5pm. There is an Autocross but no competition attached - just lots of fun runs. We'll cap it off so you get more runs.

We expect a lot of spectators so its a great opportunity to showcase your skills.

EK 2.0
07-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

werd....that was the highlight of the day!!

And this was definately not the highlight of the day.....

ewwww (http://forums.beyond.ca/attachment.php?s=&postid=667421)

Yeah that Talon was UGLY...haha...

But I want in again this year...I had fun in '04

1-Bar
07-26-2005, 10:51 PM
^not talking about the talon homey...hahaha

RickDaTuner
07-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Arif is one sexy guy, i know if i was a girl i'd let him take my best friend IDP:eek:

achca
07-27-2005, 08:35 AM
i will be there . one of my favor event in Calgary

EK 2.0
07-27-2005, 08:59 AM
^not talking about the talon homey...hahaha

oh, oh that's ohhhhhhhhhhh...I see how it is...

Arif is one sexy guy, i know if i was a girl i'd let him take my best friend IDP:eek:

Thank you Ricky...

1-Bar
07-27-2005, 09:01 AM
^I thought it was Rick, only driving instructors can call him Ricky :D

JAYMEZ
07-27-2005, 10:53 AM

Hrmm , I think ive found a new sig ...

Beyond Blind date , episode 1 :D

Madspinner
07-27-2005, 11:19 AM
yeah I will be there for the show /shine.

RickDaTuner
07-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

Hrmm , I think ive found a new sig ...

Beyond Blind date , episode 1 :D

and here i thought if i did the whole friend thing you guys wouldnt get cheeky..

guess i was wrong...

RickDaTuner
07-27-2005, 12:31 PM
^I thought it was Rick, only driving instructors can call him Ricky :D

haha my name's Ricky... Rick just worked better with the name:thumbsup: either or its all the same to me

but now that you mention it, we need another track day..

or someone needs to let me know when one is happening

1-Bar
07-27-2005, 01:53 PM
^ahhh, yes....another track day indeed!!

Z_Fan
07-28-2005, 12:07 AM
There was a lapping session Monday night. Too bad you missed it.

It was a great time! Lots of nice cars ... several Porches, Vettes et al. Ferrari! Lotsa fast machines there...

Sorry you missed it. :(

Who is responsible for forming teams representing beyond.ca for the Sport Compact Challenge? Calgary/Edmonton?

kenny
07-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Everyone that is interested in participating should state their interests now so the team forming can begin. I wont be participating in the event itself but I'll be up for organizing some teams for the event.

Z_Fan
07-28-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by kenny
Everyone that is interested in participating should state their interests now so the team forming can begin. I wont be participating in the event itself but I'll be up for organizing some teams for the event.

Alright.

I'd like to participate on the 1/4 mile team for beyond.ca. Not going to show the car - so just want to be on the team for the drag portion of the event.

RickDaTuner
07-28-2005, 12:28 AM
I would like to participate for the Auto-X with beyond if there even is a team spot for that

EK 2.0
07-28-2005, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by kenny

Kenny...EK will show...as well if you need a hand like you did for DTP...let a brother know...:thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
07-28-2005, 05:21 AM
Yup im there , ill show , and ill help ya set up if you need some help :thumbsup:

cobra347
07-28-2005, 07:31 PM
This year i am up for drags and open to join a team.

freakin
07-28-2005, 07:47 PM
The FAQ's are down on the SCC site, so I've got a couple of questions that hopefully someone can clear up for me. Bascially just need to know what are the restrictions for vehicles entering.

First of all, is a Volvo considered a sport compact?
Secondly is a car that's had a V8 swapped in to it and was never offered with an 8 cylinder engine allowed to compete?

Just need to know if a buddy with a V8 wedged in a Volvo 240 sedan and a few others with 4cyl. turbo 200, 700 and 900 series Volvos can compete.

brainlessbiker
07-28-2005, 07:57 PM
I'll be there Outlaw class here i come!:werd:

Z_Fan
07-28-2005, 08:02 PM
Actually, I suppose if 8 cylinder cars are allowed to race...you'd be racing in the Outlaw class. Only 6 cylinder (or less) are able to compete under the Sport Compacts...

I think all v8's are obviously not sport compact cars. ;)

There was some notion about allowing cars equipped with non-radial tires to compete - although I am hopeful they don't allow full drag tires for this event. IMO the cars should be completely street legal or they should be put into the Outlaw class. So, show up with slicks, you're in the outlaw class. Last year, you had to have tires of radial construction and I hope that holds true for this year. DOT approved radial construction tires. There are lots of drag radials which fall into this street legal category.

But hey, I dunno. Hopefully the FAQ will be back online in short order and have the answers to your questions.

Z_Fan
07-28-2005, 08:05 PM
This is from the last year rules...taken from the following URL.

http://www.sportcompactchallenge.ca/drag_racing.html

General Competition Eligibility
All competition vehicles must be registered with an appropriate provincial motor vehicles department. All competition vehicles must successfully pass technical inspection vehicles that pose safety hazards will NOT be allowed into competition. Competitors must show valid vehicle registration, license plates, and drivers license documentation during technical inspection and when requested by race organizers. All race competitors are required to wear a D.O.T. approved helmet during competition.

Sport Compact Class
The Sport Compact class is open to vehicles with less than 8 cylinders. 6 cylinder engines must be an overhead cam (OHC) configuration. All competition vehicles in Sport Compact class are limited to a single power adder and must race on tires of radial construction. Multiple power adder vehicles, that otherwise meet these class specifications will be placed into the Outlaw class. Sport Compact class vehicles must have full interiors—No striped race vehicles. Sport Compact class competitors must meet the General Competition Eligibility requirements. No pre-registration before the event is required for competitors in the Sport Compact class. Competitors are only required to register at the event.

Outlaw Class
Import vehicles with V8's and vehicles with non-OHC 6-cylinder engines may compete in the Outlaw Class. Vehicles in Outlaw class may use tires of radial or bias-ply construction in competition. Outlaw class vehicles must have full interiors—No striped race vehicles. Outlaw class competitors must meet the General Competition Eligibility requirements. No pre-registration before the event is required for competitors in the Outlaw class. Competitors are only required to register at the event.

Exhibition Class
There are opportunities to register in the Exhibition Class if your vehicle does not qualify for the above. Vehicles in Exhibition class may use tires of radial or bias-ply construction in competition. Vehicles with striped interiors will compete in Exhibition class. Only Exhibition class vehicles are permitted to run wheelie bars. Only Exhibition class vehicles can be of tube frame construction. All Exhibition class vehicles must be pre-registered at least 7 days prior to the SCC event date. Contact [email protected] to pre-register.

Race Format
All races are run heads-up (no staggered or handicap starts). Timing lights are set for a Full Tree. The three large amber light bulbs on the Christmas Tree flash five-tenths of a second apart, followed five-tenths later by the green starting light. A perfect reaction time on a Full Tree is 0.500 seconds. See the Drag Racing Glossary in this booklet for more information.

Race Registration
Vehicles in the Sport Compact Class must proceed to the registration booth upon gate entry. Vehicles in the Outlaw and Exhibition Classes must pre-register at least 7 days prior to the SCC event date. All other race competitors may register at the SCC venue on the event date.
At each SCC event, the maximum number of vehicles registered for drag racing is restricted to ensure event quality. This is done to reduce the amount of lineup time for race competitors so that all race competitors have the opportunity to make a good number of quarter-mile runs.

Drag racing entries are available on a first come, first served basis. Once the maximum number of vehicles has been registered, no additional vehicles will be eligible for drag racing on that day. Competitors who arrive early in the day will have better chance of entering the race competition than those who arrive later. In general, race registration continues for 2 hours from the time that gates open or until the maximum number of vehicles has been registered.

All racers must arrive and register race vehicles before registration closes. It is the responsibility of race participants to be aware of all applicable event deadlines and to be on time.

Pre-Race Preparation
On the day of each SCC event, competitors should bring the following items to the race track:

1. valid driver’s license and vehicle registration
2. valid proof of insurance
3. cash for gate admission, food, drinks, etc.
4. sunglasses and sunscreen if necessary
5. appropriate clothing for the days events – most race tracks require drag race competitors to wear long pants (no shorts)
6. a working pen to fill out the registration forms and technical inspection card
7. D.O.T. approved helmet for race competition
8. tire pump, tools, and other equipment
Since there is a limited number of race vehicles allowed to register at each event, it is generally a good idea to plan on arriving at SCC events early. This will allow competitors enough time to enter the race track grounds, choose a pit area, unpack equipment, prepare their vehicles, and pass technical inspection.

Technical Inspection
ALL race competitors must report to the tech inspection station at the event. Vehicles that do not pass the technical inspection will not be allowed to race. If your vehicle does not pass technical inspection, contact V8less officials AT THE EVENT for a refund of your admission fee BEFORE leaving the event.
When race vehicles pass technical inspection, the vehicle number assigned during registration will be recorded so that the race organizers can keep track of the vehicle during Time Trials and Eliminations. Competitors must ensure that their vehicle numbers are visible at all times so that race officials can properly record results during Time Trials and Eliminations.

dj_rice
07-28-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm so pissedddddd..I'm gonna be up in Edmonton for my cousins wedding when SCC is happening...

GOD DAMN IT!!!:banghead:

crazydave
08-02-2005, 08:30 PM
how do you get invited for drift? what if you are confident you can put on a good show but they dont know that, how would you go about getting invited??!?!:dunno: :thumbsup:

88CRX
08-03-2005, 08:34 AM
I'm prolly in for the show as well.... let me know if you need any more entries.

Mark Seto
08-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Most of the questions have been answered, but I'll try to catch the exceptions.

- Anything with a V8, not street legal (ie. Civic w/slicks), non OHC engines is automatically in the Outlaw class and not eligible for the Team competitions, except in show.
- we do not recommend people race and show but we will try to Judge if we have time. People racing and showing will not be gauranteed judging for show
- Anyone interested in drifting should PM or email me at [email protected] their drifting experience

Sorry for the delay in response.

Skyline_Addict
08-03-2005, 05:23 PM
i might be in for the show!

Team_Mclaren
08-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
i might be in for the show!

negative, you have noth to show for, therefore.. NO

schurchill39
08-03-2005, 06:36 PM
I will see if the beater is up to making the long trip down to calgary to watch the event. Good luck to every one in it

GSR_aaron
08-03-2005, 10:48 PM
I will be there too, it's my first time to see this event.

I hope my new Camera arrive before that event. :D

I gave up damper & spring work to buy a Camera...:nut:

BTW,,

I am sorry that there would be no more Jason driven RX7 on Auto-X.

but happy expecting to see Aleks' turbo'd integra on Drag strip again. and other serious machines, too.
:thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
08-04-2005, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

negative, you have noth to show for, therefore.. NO

:rolleyes:

Aleks
08-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by GSR_aaron
I will be there too, it's my first time to see this event.

I hope my new Camera arrive before that event. :D

I gave up damper & spring work to buy a Camera...:nut:

BTW,,

I am sorry that there would be no more Jason driven RX7 on Auto-X.

but happy expecting to see Aleks' turbo'd integra on Drag strip again. and other serious machines, too.
:thumbsup:

Haha My car is slow compared to the other cars that are eligible to represent beyond. But kenny if you guys don't get anyone faster on the drag team I'll run for beyond. :burnout:

EK 2.0
08-04-2005, 06:41 PM
Ok, this is the deal. Beyond will represent if we get enough participants for BOTH the SHOW & GO

you can do either, but like Mark mentioned you may not get judged if you are running. You DO NOT need to do both, and if I have enough reponse then Kenny and I will set up a team.

So if you want to represent Beyond for the Aug 20 event, just post after me here and with one sentence, just post...or fire me a PM

Either, Show, Go, or Both...

thanks a lot guys and gals...

EK 2.0 - Show
Z_Fan - GO
Aleks - GO
88CRX - Show
gpomp - GO
turbojohngt - Auto X
JAYMEZ_STi - Show

Z_Fan
08-04-2005, 06:43 PM
* GO *

Aleks
08-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Go

Z_Fan
08-04-2005, 06:44 PM
I'll even slap a beyond.ca sticker on my Z for the event. ;)

88CRX
08-05-2005, 01:05 AM
show

Skyline_Addict
08-05-2005, 01:33 AM
arif, when's the sign-up deadline?

gpomp
08-05-2005, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

Haha My car is slow compared to the other cars that are eligible to represent beyond. But kenny if you guys don't get anyone faster on the drag team I'll run for beyond. :burnout:
:werd: go

Z_Fan
08-06-2005, 12:55 AM
I believe I am not allowed to run Nitrous for this event. So my car will be slow. I'd be surprised if I can run quicker than 12.7 without the juice. Maybe a 12.5 at best. I won't be putting down 11 second passes with no bottle in the back.

But I think it should still be quick enough to be competitive with the faster cars that will be there.

fachie
08-08-2005, 12:22 PM
For free tickets to this event visit http://www.403city.com/article.asp?ID=213

88CRX
08-14-2005, 12:43 PM
so are we putting together a booth or what?

turbojohngt
08-14-2005, 01:00 PM
1 for auto-x :burnout: :clap:

JAYMEZ
08-14-2005, 01:01 PM
Show

civic_rida
08-14-2005, 01:25 PM
when do you have to sign up by .

Mark Seto
08-14-2005, 05:59 PM
Just a quick comment - you do not need to be on a team to participate in SCC. You can drag, show, autox and still compate for prizes on your own whether or not you are on a team.

There is no registration with SCC beforehand, but please arrive at Race City at 4pm on the 20th.

euro_racer
08-14-2005, 06:10 PM
i would like to enter for show, if possible for beyond

88CRX
08-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by markis
Just a quick comment - you do not need to be on a team to participate in SCC. You can drag, show, autox and still compate for prizes on your own whether or not you are on a team.

There is no registration with SCC beforehand, but please arrive at Race City at 4pm on the 20th.

oh foo show

but nobody wants to be a loner :D