PDA

View Full Version : Fido Network

dj_rice
06-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Past couple of days my Fido service has been really weird, first off, I'm on a Pay As You Go plan, and I'm using a Moto V60i...

Okay to the problem, past couple of days, I've been getting like extremely bad service, sometimes no service in my basement where before it was okay, and now, its always switchin and stayin on the Rogers network since the Fido one is so bad...I get calls from ppl but when I press recieve it doesnt connect cuz the reception is so bad, and sometimes I have to just go outside to make calls but even then the reception is still bad...

And just now, I used my house phone to call my cell to see if it reception is okay, and all I get is a busy tone but on my phone I have 3-4 bars of reception...

Called customer service and they gave me some info about how Rogers and Fido are integrating but thats old news...anybody else experiencing this too?Cuz my sister whos on a contract plan has no problems with reception..are they shafting the Pay As U Go customers?

Chester
06-03-2005, 06:45 PM
I configure ringtones, games and graphics for fido, rogers, telus etc etc. What they are telling you about rogers and fido integrating is actually true but it is taking longer then it was sopposed to. Everything was sopposed to be done yesterday or this morning and mobile internet was only sopposed to be affected not voice calls but I guess they fucked up.

jdmakkord
06-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Me and my GF have been having the same problems for the last couple of days. My phone is always on rogers now, and it takes me forever to connect with anyone.

dj_rice
06-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Oh okay, cuz the customer service guy kept telling me the Fido network is fine and he also said something about how when we call people we have to dial 1-403 now in front of the #...I dunno whats that about...

And I've been getting voicemails from friends but yet when I check nobody has called, and reception is fine...

Thanx for the info ppl

GucciBoy
06-03-2005, 07:08 PM
ya fido has been pissing me off for the last 2 months or so. "Network busy" "Call failed" blah blah blah. I hate you Rogers! Fido was fine as is!

Chester
06-03-2005, 07:34 PM
I think it will only get worse, my boss was telling me Rogers just wants to have everything. Everything that is sopposed to be released on Fido is now going to be released on Rogers first 1 or 2 weeks before Fido releases it.

GucciBoy
06-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Chester
I think it will only get worse, my boss was telling me Rogers just wants to have everything. Everything that is sopposed to be released on Fido is now going to be released on Rogers first 1 or 2 weeks before Fido releases it.

this is the rare time i wish i had telus. :(

logix
06-03-2005, 07:40 PM
My phone has been acting strangely lately too..
I'm on rogers and i've been getting voicemails when I didn't even hear my phone ring??? and I have 5/6 reception bars :confused:

GucciBoy
06-03-2005, 08:06 PM
funny so many guys bring this up. Last month I got a bill with $59 in overtime day mins. I never got a txt msg which i subscribe to saying i am at my limit. Forgot what its called "min tracker" i think, but you normally get one at 3/4 and 4/4 when you hit your mins limit. I never got anything - so I called fido just now, was nice and got them to credit it back due to the network merging. Even the guy admitted it, it was odd and they are having alot of troubles right now. No way I should have to pay for OT mins if I never got any txt msg letting me know.

dj_rice
06-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Damn Rogers, Fido was kickass and had the best plans and rates, and I dont wanna switch to any other company cuz they all suck ...

HPower
06-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Ya I've had the same problems last 3 days, (i'm on contract)! I used to get fido networks pretty much everywhere I went. Now I'm always on rogers, which I hate because of the (403) thing. On top of that, I live in Cochrane (10 min. west of Calgary). I used to get full fido service out here, and anywhere in the near area, now I don't get any service at all at my house, not fido or rogers. This is really bad. I'm paying for a cell phone that I can't even use. It's pretty bad if you can't get service 10 min outside a major city center. I might have to switch over to telus, despite the increase in rates.

cman
06-03-2005, 08:56 PM
i missed a couple of important calls on sales yesterday, worked fine today. meh they provide me a service so i cant complain right?

toyboy88
06-04-2005, 10:20 AM
my dad and my mom have had the same problems the last couple days....75% of the time they couldn't recieve/make and calls at all...

i had that problem earlier (month ago maybe), but i fixed it by going into my network menu...then network list...and then making sure fido was priority 1 and rogers is priority 2...but now i always have on my phone displaying its roaming on rogers...

if u need any help, pm me and maybe i can figure it our for you :dunno: :thumbsup:

PS im on pay as you go...

HPower
06-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by toyboy88
my dad and my mom have had the same problems the last couple days....75% of the time they couldn't recieve/make and calls at all...

i had that problem earlier (month ago maybe), but i fixed it by going into my network menu...then network list...and then making sure fido was priority 1 and rogers is priority 2...but now i always have on my phone displaying its roaming on rogers...

if u need any help, pm me and maybe i can figure it our for you :dunno: :thumbsup:

PS im on pay as you go...

I tried fixing it that way, but now when I look at my network list there is no more fido to choose.

toyboy88
06-04-2005, 11:18 AM
^^^
what type of phone do you have?

when your looking at your network list, have you tried:

network list>>use arrow keys and place "cursor" over network 1>>options>>insert (new)>>browse>>select fido(as new network 1)?

might help :dunno:

dj_rice
06-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Yeah same here, I use to be able to choose between Fido and Rogers on my Network List, but when I check availible networks its just Rogers that show up now, so I'm guessing Goodbye Fido network

5hift
06-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by GucciBoy

this is the rare time i wish i had telus. :(

Whats so bad about Telus. After using rogers for 3 years i finally switched over last year. It might cost a bit more, but in one year i dont recall having reception problems once (i've used this phone all over north america). I dont think a single rogers/fido customer can say that.

The only benefit i see a rogers user having is that they can upgrade phones whenever they want and its alot easier/cheaper to do so. If your not trying to suffice a low self esteem by buying the flashiest/newest phone out just so everyone can see you use it, i dont see a problem with telus and its cdma phones.

dj_rice
06-04-2005, 02:13 PM
I still stick with Fido cuz they have the best Pay As You Go Plans IMO, and they have the lowest long distance rate for Pay As U Go, only 10 cents/min plus ur regular airtime rate..

HPower
06-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Khali

Whats so bad about Telus. After using rogers for 3 years i finally switched over last year. It might cost a bit more, but in one year i dont recall having reception problems once (i've used this phone all over north america). I dont think a single rogers/fido customer can say that.

The only benefit i see a rogers user having is that they can upgrade phones whenever they want and its alot easier/cheaper to do so. If your not trying to suffice a low self esteem by buying the flashiest/newest phone out just so everyone can see you use it, i dont see a problem with telus and its cdma phones.

There's nothing bad about telus, my previous telus phone had great reception. But so did my fido service up until a few days ago. Also, if I were to use my phone the way I do now, but switch over to telus, I would be paying at least double per month.

And for me anyways, upgrading phones at least once per yr is not about making myself look good, its about getting something new. Usually by the time my phone is a yr old, its worn out, scratched up, and the battery is getting weak. Rather than paying for a new battery and face etc., might as well just buy a new phone for dirt cheap off ebay.

And the advantages of being able to switch your sim from phone to phone is something I don't want to lose.

GucciBoy
06-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by HPower
now I don't get any service at all at my house, not fido or rogers. This is really bad. I'm paying for a cell phone that I can't even use. It's pretty bad if you can't get service 10 min outside a major city center.

Exactly, this is what ive been saying. Sure they need time to integrate the networks and like any other provider will have some difficulities - but its been what 4 bloody months now!!! I HATE THIS TO DEATH! If I wasnt suck in another year contract and loved my phone to death, i would easily go telus again.

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow to rogers! They are single handedly destroying what was a wonderful carrier in FIDO. :thumbsdow

GucciBoy
06-04-2005, 02:29 PM

I tried fixing it that way, but now when I look at my network list there is no more fido to choose.

Ya it sucks ass!!! Damn thing is always on bloody rogers now. Its Rogers everything now. Though FIDO customer service seems to be getting better, but I think they just feel bad and are dealing with so much heat right now. I wonder how many clients they have lost since all this has started. Again, damn you rogers!

Half of the time now, my calls sound like its coming through a fisher price walkie talkie - just brutal! And the 403 area code thing first when dialing is fuckin gay. Now you have to manually add 403 to every single one of your phone book contacts.

The only good thing is, I havent missed any calls lately. But I'm getting murdered on my bills. CS seems too overcharge for alot of things and stuff you dont use. Now VM and Call ID is $8.50!!!!

GucciBoy
06-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Khali

If your not trying to suffice a low self esteem by buying the flashiest/newest phone

:rolleyes:

rage2
06-04-2005, 02:50 PM
The 403 thing isn't bad, all your numbers should have 403 prefix on them anyways if you use SMS. But this rogers network thing is bullshit. My mobile internet is pretty much unusable right now.

GucciBoy
06-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Telus>Clearnet - Clearnet was the best carrier EVER. Telus and Clearnet merged just fine.

Fido>Rogers - wtf is up :drama:

cman
06-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by GucciBoy
And the 403 area code thing first when dialing is fuckin gay. Now you have to manually add 403 to every single one of your phone book contacts.

:werd: i had to go through my whole fucking contact list and add 403 to every single one. what a waste of time

EG STyLeZ
06-04-2005, 11:02 PM
I've been having reception problems too. It started a few days ago. It will either be on the Fido network with very low signal, or be Rogers Wireless with good reception.

HPower
06-04-2005, 11:10 PM
anybody call/talk to fido/rogers yet to see when they are going to have the network working properly again??

xkon
06-04-2005, 11:27 PM
What Rogers is doing is a pretty huge undertaking - but when its done everything should be running a lot better. Give it another week, last I heard they were almost done!

kiwi
06-05-2005, 12:08 AM
I started noticing problems with my Fido since Sunday.
The Fido store where I got my phone from said everyone was having the same problems, & should be resolved soon...

GTS Jeff
06-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by cman

:werd: i had to go through my whole fucking contact list and add 403 to every single one. what a waste of time How did you text people before?

GucciBoy
06-05-2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by kiwi
I started noticing problems with my Fido since Sunday.
The Fido store where I got my phone from said everyone was having the same problems, & should be resolved soon...

theyve been saying this for months lol.

AllGoNoShow
06-05-2005, 01:26 AM
Nah they are way behind, I deal with the manager at the Northland location alot and he said even awhile ago that they are way behind and its going to be awhile so hopefully that awhile is jsut about up.

I know the new cell tower up by Hawkwood/Ranchlands is now built but not wired yet cause I get 1 bar all the way around it, but it will be fixed soon probably.

and btw whoever said Telus>Clearnet merged fine, yah the celltowers maybe, customer service and sales went from shit to shittier so I'd rather stick with my Rogers.

HPower
06-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
How did you text people before?

In my case, all the people that I know well and text regularly are memorized in my head. So I don't even use the phone book when I'm texting, so adding the 403 isn't too much of a big deal. But its annoying when it's somebody's number that you cant remember.

ShadowDragonx
06-05-2005, 12:40 PM
fido and rogers are probily merging onto one set of towers

my phone has been locked to rogers for the past new days
unable to connect to fido for a while, my phone wont' even look up fido rite now

AllGoNoShow
06-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Few weeks ago I had better reception with Fido then Rogers, but don't forget, thats alot of towers, alot of customers, and alot of work to do quickly, just tough it out and it hsoudl be better in a little bit.

blacky
06-05-2005, 12:56 PM
hey they same thing has ben happening to me (im on pay as you go) an everytime i use my phone the "r" shows up on the display as roaming....im just wondering if i make a call are they charging me roaming rates as well even if im in the city??????cause my pay as you go minutes (or account balance) seem to be going down very fast.....please help

HPower
06-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Just thought I'd let everybody on this thread having problems know that I've got pretty much full bars back in Cochrane, which is outside the city. The network is still stuck on rogers, but I imagine it will be that way permanently now. But at least the phone is working well and I am receiving calls. Hope it goes the same for everybody else on here, and the the troubles don't come back.

shakalaka
06-06-2005, 09:33 AM
I was having the same problem with my V600 which I was using as a spare phone until I got my new phone. New one is a quad band has either Rogers or Fido reception all the time. Not a single missed call or anything like that. Thats what I love about freakin quad band phones with good reception and all. I talked to Fido customer service before though, and the guy said they were bringing down the poles and everything for some repairing. Apparently that had been going on for about a month before I called. But I didnt know that because the older phone I was using was a high end one as well, so I had reception on that all the time too. Just when I used the V600 for couple days, I barely got any reception on that one.

babiedoll
06-07-2005, 04:10 PM
I'm a telus girl who recently switched to rogers...ugh, what a mistake...I can't believe how bad the reception is:thumbsdow (but I guess it's just the merging situation)...however, my biggest problem right now is that nobody is getting my text msgs and when I called the service center, I fould out that I was still paying for these texts that aren't even going through!!! :eek: that sucks!!!

dj_rice
06-07-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by babiedoll
I'm a telus girl who recently switched to rogers...ugh, what a mistake...I can't believe how bad the reception is:thumbsdow (but I guess it's just the merging situation)...however, my biggest problem right now is that nobody is getting my text msgs and when I called the service center, I fould out that I was still paying for these texts that aren't even going through!!! :eek: that sucks!!!

Same deal with me, my txts get sent, nobody gets them adn I get charged and I called customer service and the response they gave me is, they are not responsible for lost or mis-trafficked texts or some shit, and I'm like well are u gonna reimburse me and they're all NO...

rage2
06-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Just thought I'd let everybody on this thread having problems know that I've got pretty much full bars back in Cochrane
It's false advertising! Full bars doesn't mean much, because on the Roger's network with full bars reception, you'll still miss 50% of your calls.

At least my mobile internet's back up today, and my PocketPC is useful once again. Too bad it's slow as hell.

10secondpaki
06-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by babiedoll

i feel for you. rogers/fido technology is years behind telus in signal and tech. bell/telus will always have way better signal no matter what.

alpha
06-09-2005, 05:28 PM
telus always had great coverage and the quality of the signals and noise cancelling and customer service is second to none. but I was getting raped when it came to rates, and since I wasnt going out of town nearly as much anymore I switched to fido. now I pay a third the price, still get good reception. the noise cancellation thing is a bit gay, and the customer service is sub-par as well IMO. my phone is a total piece of crap, so I have been getting HORRIBLE reception since may long.