PDA

View Full Version : Driving Test

___2PaC___
01-16-2003, 08:16 PM
The following are a sampling of real answers received on exams given by the California Department of Transportation's driving school.

Q: Do you yield when a blind pedestrian is crossing the road?
A: What for? He can't see my license plate.

Q: Who has the right of way when four cars approach a four-way stop at the same time?
A: The pick up truck with the gun rack and the bumper sticker saying, "Guns don't kill people. I do."

Q: When driving through fog, what should you use?
A: Your car.

Q: How can you reduce the possibility of having an accident?
A: Be too drunk to find your keys.

Q: What problems would you face if you were arrested for drunk driving?
A: I'd probably lose my buzz a lot faster.

Q: What changes would occur in your lifestyle if you could no longer drive lawfully?
A: I would be forced to drive unlawfully.

Q: What are some points to remember when passing or being passed?
A: Make eye contact and wave "hello" if she is cute.

Q: What is the difference between a flashing red traffic light and a flashing yellow traffic light?
A: The color.

Q: How do you deal with heavy traffic?
A: Heavy psychedelics.

Q: What can you do to help ease a heavy traffic problem?
A: Carry loaded weapons.

Q: Why would it be difficult to be a police officer?
A: It would be tough to be an idiot all day long.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

redline_13000
01-16-2003, 08:44 PM
u need more options..beastly powers gotta vote

___2PaC___
01-16-2003, 09:00 PM
damn, wont let me change the poll settings:dunno:

rage2
01-16-2003, 09:10 PM
OK who failed twice? :D

Ajay
01-16-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by rage2
OK who failed twice? :D

That was ME!!!! :thumbsup:

4wheeldrift
01-16-2003, 09:34 PM
I'll join the 3rd time's a charm club. First time, couldn't parallel park for shit (fixed that problem) and was so nervous I doubt I could have passed even if I aced my parallel park (my parents were putting so much pressure on me to get a license I was a total mess when I went to take my test). Second time, OWNED the parallel parking and the rest of the test but didn't see a stop sign (was hidden by a tree, didn't even notice it). Third time got it (stopped at the same stop sign the third time, live and learn).

Ajay
01-16-2003, 09:40 PM
I'm from a tiny ass town in Northern Alberta that you guys have probably NEVER EVER heard of (High Level), and there's only one guy up there that does license tests. You can only do them on Monday afternoons cause that's the only day he does them. Anyways, this dude is totally sexist against guys and pretty much all my friends failed at least once cause he's a big prick! Almost all the girls I went to high school with got their license on the first try.

Anyways, I failed mine the first time cause I screwed up BIGTIME on my parallel park and I honestly deserved to fail. Second time I failed cause I missed THREE shoulder checks. Keep in mind this town has no traffic lights and a population of 4500 people...no one shoulder checks. So the third time he just made me drive around the block and told me to go back to the registry so I can go get my license. Dude was a prick the first two times and he was my best friend after he passed me!!

bol
01-16-2003, 10:01 PM
I failed twice.

The first time I missed a playground zone on the way back to the office, I had passed up until that point. I aced parrellel parking the first attempt. The second time, I got failed because I ran a yellow that the instructor thought I could have stopped for. Asshole...

GTS Jeff
01-16-2003, 10:52 PM
i passed my first try...with 2 minor mistakes.

1. i drove over the solid yellow line doing a left turn thru an intersection.
2. i went 30 in a place that looked like a playground zone but wasnt.

to this day i suck at parallel parking...but on the test ure allowed to adjust and stuff as long as u dont hit the curb and as long as u park close enough to the curb.

Stratus_Power
01-16-2003, 11:02 PM
failed once.. for almost getting into an accident w/ an oncoming vechicle approx 45 sec after leaving the parking lot

Strider
01-16-2003, 11:19 PM
Failed once. Went through a yellow light 5m away from the end of the test (crowfoot AMA) :banghead: :thumbsdow

Next time I took the test, two lights turned yellow, went through one, stopped for the other.

finboy
01-16-2003, 11:20 PM
failed once with like 4 moving violations

went back the next day and passed.

most of the time people fail the first time because they are nervous

rage2
01-16-2003, 11:59 PM
I wonder if I do the test now if I would pass.

Stop at light, ESP off, burnout until speed limit...

dj_honda
01-17-2003, 12:09 AM
i did the test once and got it......but i lost marks for being
"too aggressive at a four way stop"

i find parallel parking easy, because my instructor gave me a wicked tip, but its hard to explain unless you are in the car...

NickGT
01-17-2003, 12:12 AM
failed once.. failed to yield at an uncontrolled intersection, ugh. aced the parallel park, so basically in order to pass the test again i had to drive around their little loop through the community and watch for their evil uncontrolled intersections...

Ajay
01-17-2003, 12:36 AM
I could ace the parallel parking in a second now.

My first job when I moved to Calgary was doing valet parking....had to learn how to parallel park REAL fast!

mwmhong
01-17-2003, 08:45 AM
Failed once, impending collision while paralell parking.

Second try I passed, but they guy (who seemed okay, really soft spoken) commmented that I didn't slow down for the exposed manhole covers (repaving the street). Suddenly, the guy just blows up at me"DO YOU THINK THAT IS GOOD FOR THE SUSPENSION!!!?!?! HHHUHH!!!?!" Whoa. Then continued in his former soft-spoken self. :confused:

Don't take tests from the Registry place down at the south end of Market Mall. It seems they WANT you to fail, they know places in the adjacent neighbourhood (Varsity?) where the playground/school zone signs are hard to see and they'll nail you just like the nail everybody else.

___2PaC___
01-17-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by dj_honda
i did the test once and got it......but i lost marks for being
"too aggressive at a four way stop"

i find parallel parking easy, because my instructor gave me a wicked tip, but its hard to explain unless you are in the car...

Yo, where did you take your test and who was your instructor if you don tmind me askin :thumbsup:

Ben
01-17-2003, 09:37 AM
I never failed the written or the driving, but I almost failed the incar. The tester wouldn't shut his fuckin mouth about how good his son was at playing hockey, so I turned on the radio while he was still talking, and didn't notice a flashing pedestrian sign where you have to slow to 30 like 200M before you get to the crossing. but RIGHT when I got to the slow to 30 sign, it shut off so I didn't auto fail (I was doing 60)

meah, here I am.

van
01-17-2003, 09:53 AM
Took my learners 3 times, stoned the first two.

Took my class5 once, the test was 5 minutes. I did 3 turns, half a paralell, and went back to the school. passed. lol

szw
01-17-2003, 10:19 AM
aced everything first time through!

Dope Dealer
01-17-2003, 10:25 AM

:werd:

With my instructor, there was a certain 4 step method how to do a perfect parallel park. Too bad I can't do it in anything other than a Malibu (The instructor's car). Hahaha....

I have never really needed to parallel park anyways. Haven't really practiced at all since I passed the test though.

Stratus_Power
01-17-2003, 10:42 AM
i cant parallel park.. my instructor also gave me some tips.. but it only works on his tiny Neon... but now if i need to paralle park i just keep backing til i hit the curve.. then i Drive over the curve.. etc. it all works out at the end

three.eighteen.
01-17-2003, 04:33 PM
oh shit i put 3 times, i took it 3 times, failed twice...shitty...

GTS Jeff
01-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
oh shit i put 3 times, i took it 3 times, failed twice...shitty... madd skillz!

three.eighteen.
01-18-2003, 02:53 PM
haha, all the 'good' drivers in my group of friends back home failed at least once...all the chicks and pansy mansy drivers got it the first time

RiceCake
01-18-2003, 03:02 PM
hahaha passed the first time around. :thumbsup:

dj_honda
01-18-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by ___2PaC___

Yo, where did you take your test and who was your instructor if you don tmind me askin :thumbsup:

i took my test at sunridge AMA and my instructor was the only younger guy...i think he was russian or something...but anyways he was a cool guy.

the whole reason he does this as a job is because a while back, there was that accident on 22X when the drunk cop killed four or five people in a car.....his best friend was the girl that died in that accident, back when they were in high school. So after high school he decided to take up this occupation. he was a cool guy too....he would always tell me about the other people he had to teach, like this one fat chick who couldn't fit in the civic...haha

___2PaC___
01-18-2003, 03:38 PM

i took my test at sunridge AMA and my instructor was the only younger guy...i think he was russian or something...but anyways he was a cool guy.

the whole reason he does this as a job is because a while back, there was that accident on 22X when the drunk cop killed four or five people in a car.....his best friend was the girl that died in that accident, back when they were in high school. So after high school he decided to take up this occupation. he was a cool guy too....he would always tell me about the other people he had to teach, like this one fat chick who couldn't fit in the civic...haha

HAHAHAAHAHHAH, thanks man...

Silencer
01-18-2003, 05:21 PM
Did my test at Crowfoot AMA with some old dude with white hair and a leather jacket. Everything went fine until we came back to the parking lot. Suddenly a white Astro van flies out of a lane and drives past me going the opposite direction. On my left!
Had to do some evasive manuvering and the tester started going off about how people suck at driving. Anyways, past in one go thanks to the instruction of my dad. (no driving schools for me.)

SilverRex
01-18-2003, 08:27 PM
ya only got 5 pts deducted during the test.. and it was a stupid one too.. turn too wide in a intersection.. my instuctor told me I turned too sharp.. haha what a reverse

kaput
01-18-2003, 08:58 PM