PDA

View Full Version : ctr cams

civic_rida
06-24-2002, 11:41 PM
Im thinkin about droppin ctr cams into my 00 sir i was wonderin how do the cars run wit those cams in our weather and evalation.

Ekliptix
06-24-2002, 11:57 PM
I've heard good things about that setup. I think a little tuning would be required though.

redline
06-25-2002, 08:33 AM
I would not spend the extra money on CTR cams the exhuast cam is the same as the ITR and the intake is almost the same. The CTR intake cam has three degrees more duration which means like 2 more hp and is twice the price.

Not worth it IMO.

To get the most out of a set of cams you need cam gears and a vtec controller.

They are a good mod at anywhere.

Speed_RaSiR
06-25-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
I've heard good things about that setup. I think a little tuning would be required though.

I would just get the ITR intake cam, that alone can give you 6-7 hp compared to the 8-9 for both. Plus you wont have to buy new exhaust valve springs. Considering the cams cost like $570 each at the dealership. But if ya got mad hookups for parts or are rich then get both. :thumbsup:

redline
06-25-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR

I would just get the ITR intake cam, that alone can give you 6-7 hp compared to the 8-9 for both. Plus you wont have to buy new exhaust valve springs. Considering the cams cost like $570 each at the dealership. But if ya got mad hookups for parts or are rich then get both. :thumbsup:

:eek:

I am not sure on the b16a but for the GSR the exhuast cam did not do give you any peak power. As long as you do not raise the redline, valve springs are not needed. But to get the most out of the cams you need to raise the redline. If you pay more then 300-350 for a cam then you are getting ripped off.

ninspeed
06-25-2002, 11:50 AM
Redline has a very good point.. i would look at getting upgraded valve springs, might as well do it all at once

civic_rida
06-25-2002, 12:05 PM
So the ur sayin if i just get the itr intake cam ill get some power and its $570 plus install. Would i need to get cam gears? Does it need to be tuned?

redline
06-25-2002, 01:06 PM
Like i say to everyone what are your goals and budget?

But there is no way in hell i would spend 570 on that cam. Hell you can get todas for that price!

Speed_RaSiR
06-25-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida
So the ur sayin if i just get the itr intake cam ill get some power and its $570 plus install. Would i need to get cam gears? Does it need to be tuned?

Actually my bad, its $377.37, just called Silverhill.

Thats for OEM Honda Goodness, it will give you 6-7whp and no you wont need cam gears. Just swap em. I would go for Crower\Toda\Spoon for non OEM, but I dont know if I would trust Non OEM honda parts for my internals for long term use, they might give you more power, but thats just me.

Speed_RaSiR
06-25-2002, 02:06 PM
This guy got an 11 whp increase on a GSR with cam gears,

Link (http://www.geocities.com/dynocenter/cams.html)

Speed_RaSiR
06-25-2002, 02:30 PM
"How to install ITR cams"

Link (http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=340)

civic_rida
06-25-2002, 03:58 PM
So all i do is buy the itr cam who installs it and how much i dont wanna do it myself.

Speed_RaSiR
06-25-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida
So all i do is buy the itr cam who installs it and how much i dont wanna do it myself.

The dealer or take it to Tunerworks, im sure they know how to do it there.