PDA

View Full Version : Subway Sub Club Shut Down For Good!

AcuraTl
06-04-2005, 11:35 AM
yea its true, subway is shutting down there sub club membership program...well sort-of they will no longer give out stamps and shit, but will issue new credit card type cards which will load you sub balance. This is smart because recently there has been a resurgence of stolen stamps going on ebay, im sure there losing LOTS of money...so were looking at this happening at the end of august, about 2 mos left for your old cards so get rid of them :D

BTW: if you see sum1 selling cards, make sure you see the stamps, if they are in consecutive order, ie same numbers going up by one next to each other. CHances are that they are stolen, most stores dont accept that... just a heads up!

Kaos
06-04-2005, 11:44 AM
awww man that sucks!
I have like 4 cards..... thats.... 2 foot longs!!

ecstasy_civic
06-04-2005, 11:44 AM
I have like 5 free cards, so I have until August to use them?

AcuraTl
06-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
I have like 5 free cards, so I have until August to use them?

yea i called a few stores in calgary, thats what there saying however call your local store and ask... :D

now if i can find sum1 that will hack the cards and get me unlimited points :drool: :drool:

Super_Geo
06-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Haha way back in grade 11 a buddy of mine worked at Subway and we jacked an entire ROLL of sub-stamps! Had Subway every day for a month or so, then got so sick of it I couldn't eat it for years... haha.

At one Subway they were like "these are consecutive, we can't take them." So we just told him to enjoy the 3 footlong subs and drove 2 blocks away to the next one... Cause what are they going to do if they don't take the sub cards? Eat the already made subs themselves?

Kaos
06-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Haha way back in grade 11 a buddy of mine worked at Subway and we jacked an entire ROLL of sub-stamps! Had Subway every day for a month or so, then got so sick of it I couldn't eat it for years... haha.

At one Subway they were like "these are consecutive, we can't take them." So we just told him to enjoy the 3 footlong subs and drove 2 blocks away to the next one... Cause what are they going to do if they don't take the sub cards? Eat the already made subs themselves?

Arent you supposed to show the cards before you order?

GQBalla
06-04-2005, 12:33 PM
yeah

lastprodigy
06-04-2005, 12:34 PM

Originally posted by Kaos

HAHAHAHAh nice

i guess you could, but even if you do you just show em from far that thats what youre using....eitherway if its gonna work after they make the subs it would anywyas....and your right what are they gonna do with em but, i guess they proved a point!

XylathaneGTR
06-04-2005, 01:03 PM
I got 3 cards that i always forget to use...
Gotta get my ass down there.

szw
06-04-2005, 01:15 PM

No you don't have to.

toyboy88
06-04-2005, 03:19 PM

nope i go to western and whenever i use my stamps at subway i load the sub with bacon, xtra cheese, xtra meat....then the total is like $12.79 or sumthing like that just for the footlond sub then i show them the stamps...and i can see them gettin angry hehe :D :rofl:

Kaos
06-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88

nope i go to western and whenever i use my stamps at subway i load the sub with bacon, xtra cheese, xtra meat....then the total is like $12.79 or sumthing like that just for the footlond sub then i show them the stamps...and i can see them gettin angry hehe :D :rofl:

Some of the subway places I've been to ask me if I have a club card, to avoid people like you ahaha :D

lude_grl
06-04-2005, 05:28 PM
oh no. no more subclub. dammit now i gotta cash in the stamps i have

:drool: oh well atleast i loveeeeee my pizza footlongs :D

Chester
06-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Some of the Subways I goto won't even take a full card anyway. Such as the Mount Royal subway.:whipped:

ZorroAMG
06-04-2005, 07:01 PM
AAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH friggin HELL!!!! I have like 10 stamps yo!!!!! 2 free subs, that's like frikkin 15 bux!!!!!! OMGZORZ!!!

:rofl: BFD I never kept track of those little fuckers anyway

Weapon_R
06-04-2005, 07:03 PM
The guy at the U of C subway is probably jizzing in his pants right now after hearing the great news :rofl:

Kobe
06-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
The guy at the U of C subway is probably jizzing in his pants right now after hearing the great news :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31411&item=5587052839&rd=1#ebayphotohosting
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31411&item=5587270813&rd=1

Super_Geo
06-04-2005, 07:39 PM

Why would you do that? What difference does it make to them?

xkon
06-04-2005, 11:36 PM
The guy at the U of C subway is probably jizzing in his pants right now after hearing the great news :rofl:

ha ha ha

he was probably the biggest supporter!

wildrice
06-04-2005, 11:56 PM

Why would you do that? What difference does it make to them?

Cuz then they know you're getting a free sub, so they cheap out and don't give you as much crap or can deny you from redeeming them.

AcuraTl
06-05-2005, 12:00 AM
i dont blame em that there doing this...im kinda pissed that i didnt take the advantage and order some sub cards off the net :( coulda saved my self boat loads of money...w/e im sure ppl get sick of it. Mostly 1/2 of stores dont take consecutive sub-club stamps but FFS, theres a subway on every fuckin block now, theres like 40 in calgary eh?

Super_Geo
06-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Do they really though? I hardly doubt that the average Subway worker making <$10/hr can give half a rat's ass that you're getting the sub for free... and to go out of their way to put less shit on it? What would they have to gain?

If they don't give you enough stuff, just tell them to put more on. I've never had a Subway worker bitch about it... and usually at the end if you compliment them on how well they made that 'veggie delight,' they'll put the veggie delight sticker on it ;) (at university, anyway).

FiveFreshFish
06-05-2005, 12:09 AM
I always tell them only when it's time to pay.

AllGoNoShow
06-05-2005, 01:19 AM
I don't tell them until they ask for the money, then I had the card over a little bit of cash for the cookies and drink and they never said anything so far.

This subway card sounds like it would be easy to fuck with anywyas, just not as easy as stealing the rolls of tabs and cards.

Kaos
06-05-2005, 02:06 AM
Do they really though? I hardly doubt that the average Subway worker making &lt;$10/hr can give half a rat's ass that you're getting the sub for free... and to go out of their way to put less shit on it? What would they have to gain?

If they don't give you enough stuff, just tell them to put more on. I've never had a Subway worker bitch about it... and usually at the end if you compliment them on how well they made that 'veggie delight,' they'll put the veggie delight sticker on it ;) (at university, anyway).

Thats why I said some places ask before hand.
Most subway's are family bought and dont wanna give you extra condiments. Saves money for them and gives you a crappier tasting sub for you. :D

jumperman8
06-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Who cares really, as long as i still have the possibility of getting free subs, im totally in, and have no problem with the way they give them to me.;)

d-UNiT
06-05-2005, 01:30 PM
Do they really though? I hardly doubt that the average Subway worker making &lt;$10/hr can give half a rat's ass that you're getting the sub for free... and to go out of their way to put less shit on it? What would they have to gain?

last i checked 7.5

PGTze
06-05-2005, 07:03 PM
That new idea sounds good, I'm always putting those damn stamps in my pocket and losing them or something.

Weapon_R
06-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Someone is going to pwn the new system anyways...

Xtrema
06-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Someone is going to pwn the new system anyways...

But only 1337 will know how to pwn it.

AllGoNoShow
06-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Sure but they contract out their knowledge and make money and will continue to rip them off, tabs that stick or cards that remember, they will figure it out.

One way to get around it would be only store the card # on the card, then when it was swipped it would have to connect to a server and authorize how many subs etc... but that would be slower and probably cost more so most likely it will be easy to screw with.

AcuraTl
06-06-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Sure but they contract out their knowledge and make money and will continue to rip them off, tabs that stick or cards that remember, they will figure it out.

One way to get around it would be only store the card # on the card, then when it was swipped it would have to connect to a server and authorize how many subs etc... but that would be slower and probably cost more so most likely it will be easy to screw with.

when i talked to the girl she said it would be very similar to a debit card...so i dont know...the thing is the subclub is VITAL to the success of subway, everytime you go you pretty much spend 9 bucks on YOUR OWN. So thats fuckin expensive, they have got to have an incentive to have you keep comming back for more!

rice_eater
06-06-2005, 08:58 AM

Thats why I said some places ask before hand.
Most subway's are family bought and dont wanna give you extra condiments. Saves money for them and gives you a crappier tasting sub for you. :D

its true some subways are GHETTO GHETTO GHETTO. most will honor the cards without BS but some like the new one in rocky ridge is fuckin terrible. never have i been charged for double cheese and we eat at subway almost every day (in NE), and even better, when i ordered a bacon chicken melt and paid with my points card the chick made me pay for the bacon as extra eventhough it was part of the sub. i promptly told that fat bitch where to stick it and left

AcuraTl
06-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater

its true some subways are GHETTO GHETTO GHETTO. most will honor the cards without BS but some like the new one in rocky ridge is fuckin terrible. never have i been charged for double cheese and we eat at subway almost every day (in NE), and even better, when i ordered a bacon chicken melt and paid with my points card the chick made me pay for the bacon as extra eventhough it was part of the sub. i promptly told that fat bitch where to stick it and left

hahaha wicked, a buddy of mine paid via points in the Superstore country hills subway, no problems, young ppl werkin there, however there is sometimes a brown old guy that werks there, i think he owns it and he acts like a "soup nazi" if u use points :(

AllGoNoShow
06-06-2005, 07:15 PM
wtf theres a subway in Superstore countryhills??? Since when!!

AcuraTl
06-06-2005, 08:56 PM

years?

/////AMG
06-07-2005, 04:40 AM
IS this gonna happen worldwide??

Soem subways in calgary wouldn't accept my coupons because they were all from the same subway, so what!??! can't i eat at the same subway and when I'm around town drop buy if i'm staring and use my coupons!?!?

AcuraTl
06-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG
IS this gonna happen worldwide??

Soem subways in calgary wouldn't accept my coupons because they were all from the same subway, so what!??! can't i eat at the same subway and when I'm around town drop buy if i'm staring and use my coupons!?!?

yep as explained ABOVEEEEE!!! heh...about 1/2 the subways are gay and have all these little rules about accepting coupons...the coupon thingy started in the states about 1-2 years ago where the problem was big...the problems started up here to so there just doing all of Canada...but im sure a Subway in lebanon or Dubai still accepts em :P

Zero102
06-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Haha, the guy at the university subway probably helped precipitate this, but now he has no choice but to take them.
I hate that motherfucker.

Anyhoo, if they change the system that's fine, but I'll use up all of my stamps before they do, as usual. Are they still giving out stamps for now? As long as they don't change the number of subs you have to buy to get a free one, I don't really care :)

Weapon_R
06-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

But only 1337 will know how to pwn it.

But they will sell to the rest of us and we will buy :D

AcuraTl
06-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
Haha, the guy at the university subway probably helped precipitate this, but now he has no choice but to take them.
I hate that motherfucker.

Anyhoo, if they change the system that's fine, but I'll use up all of my stamps before they do, as usual. Are they still giving out stamps for now? As long as they don't change the number of subs you have to buy to get a free one, I don't really care :)

yea last sunday i got stamps at the superstore location...woot! heh :(

pyro
06-07-2005, 08:58 PM
i just used the sub card today and it worked fine and yesterday they still gave me stamps

Zero102
06-08-2005, 12:30 AM
I have a couple cards I want to finish filling, then use within the next week or two. Hopefully they don't shut this down too soon.

Where did you hear about this?

AllGoNoShow
06-08-2005, 12:40 AM

But they will sell to the rest of us and we will buy :D

Hey buddy!! Look here I alreayd said that ok??? :guns: :guns: :guns:

:rofl:

AcuraTl
06-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by pyro
i just used the sub card today and it worked fine and yesterday they still gave me stamps

originally saw it on the info of an ebay guy selling the stamps ;) then did some research found out they already did it most of the US...then called some local subways....

szw
06-09-2005, 08:14 PM
still get stamps today

Chester
06-09-2005, 08:50 PM

since it opened

LadyVenom
06-18-2005, 02:58 PM
As a Subway officianato (sp?) I have the answers to all your questions hahaha. THe sub club is stopping due to all the fraud with the stamps, and as far as the employees know, there will be the new card swiping club that starts probably in september or october.

Stores were supposed to stop giving out the stamps on May 9th, but of course some are still going to reward their customers, or stick it to the man and keep going until their stamps run out.

As for what kind of subs you can get with your stamps, it clearly says it on the card it is for a "6 inch or footlong REGULAR sub only", which means any of the subs on their menu, and not something you make up yourself with extra bacon, extra cheese, extra meat etc etc. You are supposed to pay extra if you add any of those on, but most places don't care and won't carge you for them anyways.

You don't have to show your club card before you order, you just have to give it up when you pay, so you have to use your own discretion when ordering, and know that if you order extra cheese on your pizza sub, or bacon on your roasted chicken, they could charge you extra for it.

The new owners of the subway here, and trying to be like the soup-nazi and ration their veggies. They will not put more than 6 olives on a 6 inch sub, and have actually gone as far as counting them when an employee makes a sub! How cheap! These are also the same owners that are giving away free subs to all their friends and people that go to their church, hence the being cheap to their customers.... because they are losing so much money from giving things away for free.

I have complained to the Subway head office a couple times, and actually seen results. I got an email from the subway owner saying I can come in and have a free salad, since I was unsatisfied with the salad her husband made me, which had less veggies in it than on a footlong sub. I'm not going to take her up on the deal though, as them giving away free stuff is what got them in the veggie-nazi mode anyways.

If you ever get unsatisfactory service at a Subway, or they didn't take your stamps, or anything like that, go to Subway.ca or .com and fill out the form and you will have an answer from head office within 3 days... and if you give info about the particular store, I bet you'll get an email from the owenr apologizing. Subways have strict guidelines they have to follow, and when you catch them on it, they get in shit, and have to make it up to you. It's sweet.... try it.... but only if you have a legit reason for causing shit.