PDA

View Full Version : 1966 mustang coupe questions

the_fornicator
06-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Probably a long shot given that this is mainly an import forum, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyways.

I just picked up a 1966 mustang coupe and it's had the original 289 taken out and replaced with a 302. Picked it up for $6000.

the car is actually in pretty good shape, but obviously needs some work as well. I'm essentially looking for a reputable place that can pretty much overhaul the thing in stages over the next few years.

I'm thinking that I need a complete paint job (i.e. disassemble and not a macco paintover. disassemble the doors, trunk, engine bay, etc.), redo the interior (last owner had some horrible blue velvet in there) and finally, a complete checkup/tune up of the engine, transmission, drive train, front end, brakes, suspension, etc.

Would anybody happen to know a knowledgable and reputable place that can help me out or a more specific message board? I tried googling a few times, but came up with nothing.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mad$ella
06-04-2005, 05:38 PM
www.fordpower.ca

www.performance-shop.com

Horatio
06-04-2005, 09:40 PM
www.vintage-mustang.com

not a shop but LOTS of good advice there.

Greg

Speed_Dreams
06-05-2005, 04:11 PM
www.themustangshop.ca

they have everything you could dream of

Atombomb
07-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
www.themustangshop.ca

they have everything you could dream of

This is your best bet,
or pick up some mustang monthly magazines and find a good body shop.

There is a guy who does neat stuff with them on 17th just before sarcee trail in the S.W. If you keep your eyes open, across the street from Panago there will be like 5 67's and 8's
his name is ray.

AllGoNoShow
07-21-2005, 06:40 PM
He's in Edmonton, so unless he is willing to bring it down here, then thats a no go.