PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up an EK, first thoughts!

importadrenelin
01-16-2003, 09:24 PM
Just picked up my EK which is essentially my "Winter Car".
Anyways it's 1997 Civic CX H/B with 5spd.
My first thoughts of the car are as follows:
1)Needs bigger & better brakes. Cure - Spoon Calipers/Rotors
2)Needs more power under the hood. Cure - B18C1 or C5
3)Susp. needs to be redone. Cure - Buddy Club Spec Dampers
Other then that the car is comfortable, paint is very good (silver) and after the above is done it will be a very good street performer.

I really don't want to modify the car much as I will drive it in winter, so thus adjustable suspension is required so I can drive over that 3 inch snow on Blizzaks!

Ajay
01-16-2003, 09:31 PM
I love my EK!! Definetly a power change going from my 90 Z24 (BIG POS) to my EK!! But my EK is so much more fun to drive!

But if it's your winter car is it worth spending the money for a swap?! Mine's my daily driver and I'm definetly doing the swap hopefully in summertime (B16A) and I can't wait!!!

For now it's just stereo time!

importadrenelin
01-16-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Ajay

But if it's your winter car is it worth spending the money for a swap?! Mine's my daily driver and I'm definetly doing the swap hopefully in summertime (B16A) and I can't wait!!

For me there's no point in having the EK if I'm not putting a B18C in her, thats why I bought it as my winter car, will be good on gas and is the perfect candidate for a swap. I think I'll keep it ALL MOTOR though beacause I don't want to have to deal with all the quirks of a Turbo or Supercharger, it has to be reliable. Not saying FI isn't reliable, I just don't want the downtime.

G
01-17-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by importadrenelin

For me there's no point in having the EK if I'm not putting a B18C in her, thats why I bought it as my winter car, will be good on gas and is the perfect candidate for a swap. I think I'll keep it ALL MOTOR though beacause I don't want to have to deal with all the quirks of a Turbo or Supercharger, it has to be reliable. Not saying FI isn't reliable, I just don't want the downtime.

Did you just get the car yesterday? Did you buy it off a big Chinese guy?

Lo)2enz0
01-17-2003, 05:27 PM
I wish my Ek was a hatch, oh well I still love it. Just will have to be a replica of a type R but in a wierd way, a coupe. Nice choices you choose (lauriers dreams)

Laurier

SI-vic
01-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Other then that the car is comfortable, paint is very good (silver) and after the above is done it will be a very good street performer.

I really don't want to modify the car much as I will drive it in winter, so thus adjustable suspension is required so I can drive over that 3 inch snow on Blizzaks!

Dude you're a :bigpimp: , a Civic is your winter car while a Civic is my pride and joy.... .. that hurts.... haha
So how many cars do you have now?

Spawn
01-18-2003, 05:40 PM

I've pretty much got the same car, but its not my winter car. But for me being in Medicine Hat is my problem, kinda far away from any aftermarket shops :(

So the next time I'm in Calgary got to do some serious looking for my swap.

BTW Good luck with the car, mine has served me well. :thumbsup: