PDA

View Full Version : help quick: need car towed from Edmonton

Golf IV
06-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Need a tow from Edmonton to Calgary. What is the best/cheapest option; flat bed, transport co, rental ect..

Anyone know any company that rents trucks with hitches for reasonable rates?? the popular ones don't, budget,avis..

Thanks.

Nix87
06-06-2005, 12:32 AM
I believe you can just buy a trailer ball as most of the trucks can tow a certain weight from the bumper. I guess it depends what your towing. Kinda scandalous dont let the companies find out or you could be screwed but its a route nonetheless.

Phy
06-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Golf IV
Need a tow from Edmonton to Calgary. What is the best/cheapest option; flat bed, transport co, rental ect..

Anyone know any company that rents trucks with hitches for reasonable rates?? the popular ones don't, budget,avis..

Thanks.

Is UHaul reasonable? :dunno:

Soren
06-07-2005, 01:43 AM
same thing happened to me...

i ended up going with chinook towing, they got my car from edmonton to calgary for $300 cash (flat bed)

i remember looking into u-haul as well, but having someone flat bed it for u is just so much easier :D

if you have a free day and someone with a truck and hitch, would be easier to just rent a trailer from uhaul

zain123
06-07-2005, 02:47 AM
hey man
i got stuck in edm

dealt with CLiffee Towing
talk to Sue

1-780-451-1555

MAKE SURE THEY R CAREFUL THOUGH
fuked up my exhaust pipe and then the oil pan got pushed up n the pikup tube... :thumbsdow
yeah long story short
i HAD to deal with em cuz thaz the only one that told me WOULD get it to calgary for cheapest (250)
if u r car IS running .. there was a company in Leduc (south of edm) by the mcdix there
they were guna charge me 140ish to get it to airdrie
but i got it towed to my house for 250 from edm
NO GST

eur0
06-07-2005, 09:28 AM
I had the same thing done...a tow from westaskiwin to Calgary (like 50kms south of edmonton)...

Towing was too expensive but was my only option and ended up costing me like $400. It can be done for cheaper by just towing it yourself of course.

You will need to find a buddy with a vehicle with a 2" ball tow on the back of his/her ride because companies like Hertz, Enterprise, etc. wont let you rent a vehicle to tow with (I called around to a few places). Once you have a vehicle I would suggest going through Uhaul because theyre cheap. You can rent either a car dolley (front 2 wheels up) or an auto transport (cars on a trailer) from them for like $50-60/day. Radars Rentals wanted $80/day for a car dolley for a comparison in price.

Then hook it up and go get your car. I have a number from a guy at Uhaul who was a great help if you need it just pm me (he said he could save me a few bucks too). Hope that helps.