PDA

View Full Version : Anyone 'hack' their telus phones?

davidI
06-05-2005, 07:58 PM
I have an LG6070 and just ordered up a data cable to go along with it. I heard Telus blocks you from downlaoding your own ring tones so that you must use their service...but apparently with a data cable you can access the system directories and upload your own ringtones. Anyone know more about this?

Doomsday88
06-05-2005, 10:12 PM
I've done my LG 6070. If you want tips, let me know.

you'll need 4 things:

Data Cable
Hex Editor
BitPim
Drivers for the phone. (if you need these, let me know, I have them).

Check this site for guide on how-to.

http://members.shaw.ca/lg5450/guide.html

davidI
06-05-2005, 10:26 PM
did you have to make your ringtones 32kbps or did 64 work?

Doomsday88
06-05-2005, 11:24 PM

infected
06-05-2005, 11:32 PM
I have a Nokia 3205i from Telus, I have the data cable but I still cant use the ringtones because even if I can upload it, the phone itself doesnt let me use it as a ringtone...:dunno:

Mosquito_R
06-06-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by infected
I have a Nokia 3205i from Telus, I have the data cable but I still cant use the ringtones because even if I can upload it, the phone itself doesnt let me use it as a ringtone...:dunno:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=505850

Here is a good thread to go to at HowardForums. Sift through the lame posts and you'll get pretty good info. You have to buy MobiMB full version, but it's an excellent software and well worth it. Also, the AUTHOR of the program responded to my tech support question! They've got pretty decent customer service.

Sorry that this sounded like a plug for MobiMB, but it's by far the best Nokia software I've used and in the case of the Telus 3205i, probably the only solution. Good luck.

Also, a very big :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow to Telus Mobility for ripping people off - how can you screw people over for restricting people to get ringtones from your site only?! Are you that hungry for money? Sorry to offend Telus Mobility users, but I sincerely think they're the biggest ripoff when it comes to mobile phones.

nosegrindR
06-06-2005, 12:59 AM
has anybody on this forum successfully hacked the motorola v710 with telus??

davidI
06-06-2005, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Mosquito_R

Also, a very big :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow to Telus Mobility for ripping people off - how can you screw people over for restricting people to get ringtones from your site only?! Are you that hungry for money? Sorry to offend Telus Mobility users, but I sincerely think they're the biggest ripoff when it comes to mobile phones.

Agreed! My phone only came with one ringtone so I'd have to download from their site. So instead of dling from them I bought a data cable...they claw for every cent they can get. There are even suspicions that they re-allocated the memory in the 6070 so you couldn't carry many ringtones and are forced to pay the $.50 charge to re-download the ringtones you have already paid for!

BigMass
06-06-2005, 06:53 AM

Telus is a rip off across the board. Only in Canada can a shitty company like this thrive.

FiveFreshFish
06-06-2005, 07:22 AM
The only reason I'm still with Telus is because I'm still on an old ClearNET plan from 2001.

Thanks to Doomsday88 and Mosquito_R for the links. I'll have to give it a try on my cheapo LG 4600.

BokCh0y
06-06-2005, 08:08 AM
^^^^ :werd:

same thing here pal. i have one of the few remaining clearnet plans so that is why i've stuck to telus. imo telus sucks. clearnet was the BEST.

EDIT: BTW does anyone know if the Motorola V60 series phones can be hacked? Thanks.

xkon
06-06-2005, 08:36 AM

they ARE that hungry for money! Thats why I'm on Rogers ;)

the LG's are pretty easy to hack, I think I have one data cable for them left if you need one

tinwistle
07-26-2005, 09:21 PM
I've uploaded custom wallpaper for my custom printed covers.
Created and set for use my own custom ringtones.
Downloaded from my phone's camera photographs to my PC
AND MORE!!!!!!!

ALL TELUS NOKIA 3205i USERS NEED TO VISIT

http://Telus-Nokia-3205i.com

HAPPY UPLOADING

:thumbsup:

gerrycurl21
07-26-2005, 09:34 PM
where would u get a datacable for a lg6070?

Ben
07-27-2005, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by gerrycurl21
where would u get a datacable for a lg6070?

Ebay,

I use all my own made ringtones now. The 6070 is a very good phone for this. MP3 quality, only what you want, none of that polymorphic trash.

Same with wallpapers. I use my own photos. Way better.

Switched to blackberry tho and never looked back.

Charon
07-27-2005, 02:02 AM
I have an LG6070 and put my own ringtones on it. Best guide I found was http://sites.rapidus.net/jelefebv/ it is just for the LG6070.

Only reason im with telus, I dont want to buy a new phone right now. But as soon as I can its gone.

My ringtone is
"Titties and Beer by Rodney Carrinton"

Its the shit.
This is the shortened lower quality version ready to be renamed to "body" and installed.

http://www.bauld.com/~eric/titties_and_beer.mp3

afrotl
07-27-2005, 09:23 AM
any hack for the samsung a670?

Charon
07-27-2005, 09:47 AM
On another note if you are looking for data cables I used http://www.thephonemall.net/ They also have a bunch of tutorials on all kinds of other phones.

Stine
07-28-2005, 09:41 PM
im trying to find a data cable for my LG 125 but cant seem to find one, there is a data port on the phone but no data cable listed on telus site.....

do they even sell these there?

gerrycurl21
07-30-2005, 07:37 PM
thx for the help guys, finally got a mp3 style "Still Dre" as a ringer. Now anyone know how much i can fit on a LG6070? kbs?

Charon
07-30-2005, 09:25 PM
Ahh, you mean I helped someone put Dr Dre on a cellphone.....
I feel empty inside.... ;)
As per memory I dont know for sure. I have heard some people talking that telus blocks the full memory is some phones via the OS. So you cannot download alot of ringtones and you have to delete some to save more so you are forced to download them again if you want them back. And they charge you for the ringtone AGAIN. If telus has this block in the OS by using bitpim you will get around it. But if you go looking for how much the phone can store you may be looking at the telus #. Or I could be completely wrong.