PDA

View Full Version : Basketball hoop under $40. Is it crap?

Carfanman
06-06-2005, 10:14 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7160895590

Most of the hoops are over a couple hundred dollars, and this one is so much cheaper. I see that the backboard isnt as nice, but thats not really a big deal. Is there something else, or is it ok?

Weapon_R
06-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Looks fine - there isn't a whole lot to determine from a picture, but i've had my stand up system for about 8 yrs now and its held up ok. Even though it looks a little outdated, it should be okay to play on. You have to pick it up though, no shipping.

Carfanman
06-07-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Looks fine - there isn't a whole determine from a picture, but i've had my stand up system for about 8 yrs now and its held up ok. Even though it looks a little outdated, it should be okay to play on. You have to pick it up though, no shipping.

Thanks. I live an close by, so thats not a problem.

Weapon_R
06-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Go for it - not much to a net other than the backboard, pole, and base. If you really dont like the board, you can find a replacement.

Carfanman
06-07-2005, 11:41 AM
The board isnt a problem, its just that its so much cheaper than the other hoops I've checked out, that I wasn't sure if there was maybe something else wrong that would be obvious to someone who knows more about basketball hoops.

Weapon_R
06-07-2005, 11:42 AM
The reason its cheap is because he refuses to ship, thus limiting potential customers dramatically. Ask for pics of the base and look to see if its in good condition. Other than the fact that it looks a little 1980ish, its fine but he neglects to show the base for some reason.

jumperman8
06-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
The reason its cheap is because he refuses to ship, thus limiting potential customers dramatically. Ask for pics of the base and look to see if its in good condition. Other than the fact that it looks a little 1980ish, its fine but he neglects to show the base for some reason.

:werd: No one will bid on something if the guy refuses to ship it. SO the only reason he wont get alot of money for it is due to that reason. I woudl say buy it, that is a great deal, just need something to put the ball in, unless you plan topractice hard outside on it. But even then i woudl say buy it,its a good deal.:thumbsup: