PDA

View Full Version : grey 05 mustang

worm
06-06-2005, 12:27 PM
so here I am cruisin down the highway when I see this 05 mustang in my rear view, they kinda stand out with the bug eye headlights, never been a big stang fan but will admit I like the 05's, the mustang passed one or two cars and pulls in behind me waits for the next opening and passes me, no prob! Then the butthead gets in front of me and SLOWS down, my cruise is set at 115. I think OK he must be lighting a smoke or looking for a CD well 2 or 3 Km goes by and still down at 100. I decide to pass, the next opening I pull out and what does he do but speed up, OK he finally found his CD or finished whatever the hell he was doing. I pull back in behind and he slows down again. Now I'm getting mad, what the hell is wrong with people, what is he the speed police or something? what was me cruisin at 115 too fast for his liking or something? I decide to try and pass him again only this time, I really try to get by and guess what I get by him at around 150kPH but as I pull back in he stays right on my tail so close I couldn't see his head light in my rear view, Well I'll be the first to admit that my little protege 5 may be slightly modified but nothing like what I need to try and out run a V8 mustang (THERE IS REALLY NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT) especially at these speeds now around 190 - 200 KPH, he finally gets past me again and slows down again luckily for me by now I'm at my turn off and exit the highway, I don't understand what this was all about. I'm not normally the type of person who gets into these kinda highway drag races but this ass just got under my skin I guess. I hate people who pass and slow down. If anyone out there can give me a decent reason for this behavior please let me know so maybe I can understand.:banghead: :guns:

Mr. Burns
06-06-2005, 12:33 PM
I would've brake-checked that moron.

sputnik
06-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Anyone driving 190-200 km/h on a public highway deserves to blow a tire and end their life trapped in a burning car upside down in the ditch.

Canmorite
06-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Anyone driving 190-200 km/h on a public highway deserves to blow a tire and end their life trapped in a burning car upside down in the ditch.

I take it you're not a fan of the Gumball for Player's Run then.

worm
06-06-2005, 12:53 PM

I would normaly agree with you on that point and as I said I do not normally travel at those speeds, and yes it was a mistake and I let him get under my skin, but taht still doesn't explain why people feel the need to pass and slow down?

A_3
06-06-2005, 12:58 PM
^:werd: , I have to deal with ass holes like that almost weekly. I go highway 8 to highway 22 to work 6 days a week. 22 isn't so bad but 8 is full of "heroes". I don't know how many times i've had to pull onto the shoulder hard to avoid some moron trying to pass 5 cars at 2pm at speeds of well over 150km/h from smashing into me. I've completely given up on passing on one lane highways even when i've got the dotted line. Not worth it. Suck you had to deal with that idiot.

Mad$ella
06-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by worm
(THERE IS REALLY NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT)

:werd:

heavyD
06-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by worm
(THERE IS REALLY NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT)

Maybe off the line there isn't but on the highway my 4 banger w/hybrid turbo at 18 - 20 psi will destroy any N/A 5.0L or 4.6L Mustang.

BumpinTalon
06-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Maybe off the line there isn't but on the highway my 4 banger w/hybrid turbo at 18 - 20 psi will destroy any N/A 5.0L or 4.6L Mustang.

sure it will :rolleyes: I could find an all-motor 350ci Chevy that would demolish you at any speed. even still, I'd have more respect for the turbo'd 4 then the all motor 8.

Obscura
06-06-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure what is going through some peoples heads lately.

I was driving the speed limit on 84th near Sheppard and some guy in an Audi passes two cars on the solid lines at well over the speed limit.

Unfortunatly it allowed some idiot in a green Accent to get right behind me. I could see in my rear view that she was talking on her cell phone and gestering like crazy while she was laughing hard. At some points she was so close I couldn't see her headlights.

I slowed down to let her by and what does she do? Slow right down as soon as she gets in front of me.

If I was driving my old wagon I would have been tempted to hit the brakes hard when she was tailgaiting.

2.4l
06-06-2005, 06:56 PM
wow.. bitter towards your governer or what ? ahaha

heavyD
06-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
sure it will :rolleyes: I could find an all-motor 350ci Chevy that would demolish you at any speed.

Hmmm. I don't recall saying that ist would take a chevy V8.:rolleyes: Read, think, then post.:thumbsup:

worm
06-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Don't know about that, but hey I'm not turbo'd yet still trying to learn more about them, and by the way beyond has helped me learn alot, not to mention taught me alot of things I already thought I knew only to find out different.

Originally posted by BumpinTalon

sure it will :rolleyes: I could find an all-motor 350ci Chevy that would demolish you at any speed. even still, I'd have more respect for the turbo'd 4 then the all motor 8.

I have alot more respect for turbo'd 4 over any 8, just wish I could figure out this whole turbo thing in my head. Find it a little confussing, but if I keep reading and researching I guess I'll get it in time. I just want to get it right the first time not the tenth time!

:clap:

cloud7
06-07-2005, 01:25 PM

that's a bit harsh, isn't it? I don't wish that on anyone, no matter how much of an idiot he/she is. The emergency response needed to rescue a person trapped in a burning car upside down in the ditch is quite intensive and means loads of $$$... money that can be better spent elsewhere. But I do wish they get a big speeding ticket though.

I was driving on my way from Red Deer to Calgary the other day... I just can't believe how idiotic some people are. A blue GM truck was hogging the fast lane doing the speed limit with nobody in front or beside him. This is the kind of behaviour that pisses people off... Keep right except to PASS no matter how fast you're going. It is also illegal to speed up when someone is passing you. Passing on the right lane is also illegal.

djstefan
06-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by mrburnsvw
I would've brake-checked that moron.

Same here.

Gottal love how they learn to keep their distances afterwards. :D