PDA

View Full Version : 28K STi

Aleks
06-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Does anyone speak french here? Does it say anything about this thing being written off? Its 28 Thousand Canadian. I am tempted to go down there myself and get it.

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=8579271&pgno=1

garyb
06-06-2005, 03:46 PM
it says its never been in an accident? who knows for sure though right:dunno:

awd
06-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Stay away man, it has been written off for sure. There are hundreds of dirt cheap WRX's / STi's out east -- cheap for a reason: they are all salvaged.

?????
06-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Call maybe they speak some english. Probably have to take over a lease or something.

Aleks
06-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by awd
Stay away man, it has been written off for sure. There are hundreds of dirt cheap WRX's / STi's out east -- cheap for a reason: they are all salvaged.

Yeah it's probably too good to be true! They go for low 40s here, if you're lucky enough to find one.

benyl
06-06-2005, 03:52 PM
I have some land in Florida that is forsale...

Supa Dexta
06-06-2005, 03:58 PM
SUBARU WRX STI 2004, 7,500 km, 4 cyl., man. 6 screws., 4 ptes, cd magazine, low kilo., tinged panes, never accid., poss. wheels 18'', $28,500 to the (819) 566-0772 or (819) 574-2419.

Roughly: 4 cyl, manual, 6 screws = 6 spd i assume, (not sure what 4 ptes is, are they 4 seater?), cd changer, low milage, tinged panes= is tinted glass I assume, no accidents, possibly get some 18" wheels with it....

looks some good...hard to say, those crazy frenchies probably had it out on the northern rally roads.... :dunno: :thumbsup:

awd
06-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
SUBARU WRX STI 2004, 7,500 km, 4 cyl., man. 6 screws., 4 ptes, cd magazine, low kilo., tinged panes, never accid., poss. wheels 18'', $28,500 to the (819) 566-0772 or (819) 574-2419.

Roughly: 4 cyl, manual, 6 screws = 6 spd i assume, (not sure what 4 ptes is, are they 4 seater?), cd changer, low milage, tinged panes= is tinted glass I assume, no accidents, possibly get some 18" wheels with it....

looks some good...hard to say, those crazy frenchies probably had it out on the northern rally roads.... :dunno: :thumbsup:

Couple years ago I was looking at 2002 - 2003 WRXs in Quebec -- all between 18-22K, CHEAP -- none of the sellers would tell me it was salvaged, I always had to find out myself.

It is a big racket out there, no thanks.

heavyD
06-06-2005, 04:09 PM
From my dealings with eastern sellers. 'Beautiful' condition means that the paint is bad and the body has many dents, scratches and the car's been in an accident. They are far more crooked down east (I know it's hard to believe it can be worse than Calgary). I just wish the authorities would be more harsh on these sorts of scams.

benyl
06-06-2005, 04:19 PM

4ptes = 4 doors.

That is really low mileage for a 2004 STi considering it is 2 years old already.

It probably was a rally car = beat to shit.

dj_honda
06-06-2005, 04:19 PM
(not sure what 4 ptes is, are they 4 seater?),

yep its for "portes" which is doors.

Supa Dexta
06-06-2005, 04:25 PM
bah, yes I should have put that togther, I know the word, just didn't piece it together for some reason... ah well.. while we're on it, are they 4 or 5 seaters?

:D

AsianCaucasian
06-06-2005, 04:32 PM
SUBARU WRX STI 2004, 7,500 km, 4 cyl., man. 6 vit., 4 ptes, cd chargeur, bas kilo., vitres teintées, jamais accid., poss. roues 18'', $28,500 au (819) 566-0772 ou (819) 574-2419.

I'll translate this for you.

6 vit. = 6 speed.
4 ptes = 4 doors
Cd chargeur is pretty self evident
bas kilo = low kms
vitre teintees = tinted windows
jamais accident = never been in accident

EDIT: my bad, didnt notice that someone already translated for you. :banghead: :banghead:

asp integra
06-06-2005, 11:09 PM
get a vin # from the guy and check er out

SuPhistiKatEd
06-06-2005, 11:27 PM
Run a CarFax on this bad boy. If it's good, get over to Quebec, and FAST!

Kamen
06-07-2005, 01:37 AM
I don't know, you might not want a car from the east...they salt the roads like shit during winter and the underside of that might have a cancer! :eek:

Toms-SC
06-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Kamen
I don't know, you might not want a car from the east...they salt the roads like shit during winter and the underside of that might have a cancer! :eek:

Thats correct. That car is going to have cancer in about a year or two

RickDaTuner
06-07-2005, 07:57 AM
a year or two inst so bad and if you give the car a good underbody wash then its not so bad,

I dunno i wanna call scam, but the way that the STi is depreciating is kinda making it look decent, there is a 04 with 22k in Edmonton going for 38k so who knows?

Aleks
06-07-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
a year or two inst so bad and if you give the car a good underbody wash then its not so bad,

I dunno i wanna call scam, but the way that the STi is depreciating is kinda making it look decent, there is a 04 with 22k in Edmonton going for 38k so who knows?

Why do you think that is? How do you like yours? I know it's terrible on gas, but otherwise is it a good daily driver?

finboy
06-07-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

Why do you think that is? How do you like yours? I know it's terrible on gas, but otherwise is it a good daily driver?

supply vs. demand maybe? yesterday i saw no less then 3 sti's from when i got off work, 2 of which were w/i five minutes of eachother. :dunno:

sputnik
06-07-2005, 09:08 AM
In the US you can get STi's for $22-25k USD ($27-31k CAD)

benyl
06-07-2005, 09:14 AM

Think about it. Most people who buy the STi are enthusiastes. So they are going to drive the car hard. Everyone knows this. If you were going to baby it, by a Forrester XT.

What qualifies a car as a good daily driver. You can't use the power it has legally on any road in the city. The suspension is stiff, the steering is quick, it follows the grooves in the road even with the softest winter tires. It is noisy inside. The stock stereo is ass. It is absolute shat on gas AND you have to put in 94.

So if you can deal with all of that, then yes, it is a good daily driver.

Originally posted by finboy

supply vs. demand maybe? yesterday i saw no less then 3 sti's from when i got off work, 2 of which were w/i five minutes of eachother. :dunno:

that doesn't make sense. Look at how many WRXs there are out there. It is depreciating like a banshee going out of hell. The fact is that it was over priced to start with. The market is saying that it won't pay more than it should. The initial owners like me got bent over at the dealerships.

As I said above, most STi's will see track time. Would you pay top dollar for a car that someone has actually used?

benyl
06-07-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by sputnik
In the US you can get STi's for $22-25k USD ($27-31k CAD)

yeah, that doesn't help resale either.

You could buy an STi in the states for $7K CDN less than in Canada. That is after all the taxes, fees, inspections, etc.,

I couldn't believe when SOC raised the price in 2005. Their pricing is going to screw current owners.

eur0
06-07-2005, 09:21 AM
if you need a vin check i have a carfax account that runs for a couple more weeks, just pm me...that can go for anyone else aswell

HPower
06-07-2005, 09:23 AM
used cars are almost always cheaper in eastern Canada than Western. When I bought my TSX this year, every one of them advertised in the eastern provinces was at least 3000 to 5000 cheaper than any out here. The Acura dealership had some sort of explanation for it, can't remember though, you might want to ask about it.

Aleks
06-07-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by benyl

Think about it. Most people who buy the STi are enthusiastes. So they are going to drive the car hard. Everyone knows this. If you were going to baby it, by a Forrester XT.

What qualifies a car as a good daily driver. You can't use the power it has legally on any road in the city. The suspension is stiff, the steering is quick, it follows the grooves in the road even with the softest winter tires. It is noisy inside. The stock stereo is ass. It is absolute shat on gas AND you have to put in 94.

So if you can deal with all of that, then yes, it is a good daily driver.

I doubt it's louder smellier or rougher than my car. Actually your description resembles what my car is like too. I've always wanted an STi though but can never take one for a spin as dealers won't let me. I tell them I just wanna see if I like it or not. I guess they don't have enough of them around.

benyl
06-07-2005, 10:02 AM
I've always wanted an STi though but can never take one for a spin as dealers won't let me. I tell them I just wanna see if I like it or not. I guess they don't have enough of them around.

Haha, that is your problem right there. Would you want to buy an STi with 200 kms of people "seeing" if they like it or not?

I had to put down a $1000 deposit to get a test drive.

Aleks
06-07-2005, 12:08 PM
LOL, So why not have a demo model. IT's not THAT limited production is it. I mean one STi can be alloted to be a demo in a City of 1 mil. 1000 bux really doesn't matter, as long as i get that money back once I leave the dealership. Because from the sounds of it buying it new is a bit of a ripoff...

civicrider
06-07-2005, 12:20 PM
id say run car fax and if it runs clear go for it, cars are always cheaper in ontario and a car that new wont have any problems with rust

heavyD
06-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
id say run car fax and if it runs clear go for it, cars are always cheaper in ontario and a car that new wont have any problems with rust

The only problem I have with that is if he brings it here and it ends up being a POS, then he will sell it to someone else out here and before you know it a bunch of people out west end up getting scammed by an easterner. It's not like we don't get screwed by the east enough as it is.;)

Weapon_R
06-07-2005, 12:27 PM
For that price, i'd go and check them out myself. If you are serious, book a flight, a week in a hotel, and bring 35k with you. If the first doesn't check out, look for the others and come back home with a new STI. If you don't get one, consider it a vacation.

civicrider
06-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

The only problem I have with that is if he brings it here and it ends up being a POS, then he will sell it to someone else out here and before you know it a bunch of people out west end up getting scammed by an easterner. It's not like we don't get screwed by the east enough as it is.;)

thats why you run car fax it tells you all the info about the car, get them to get the engine inspected at a subaru dealer and fax the results and then you'll know its in great shape

ACX
06-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Link is busted but this is from nabisco, one in edmonton for 33k, can't comment on it.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781620

p.s. benyl I've not been babying my Forester, :thumbsup:

rockym20
06-07-2005, 11:35 PM
The APA did a study on used cars in Canada. They found Calgary to be up to 20% higher in cost than in the rest of Canada. Why? Probably because we are stupid and there is lots of money in Calgary. LOL. No, I think it is that most people in the rest of the country lease cars, while in Alberta almost all people purchase. So, there are lots of good used cars in the rest of the country that have just come off their lease and are cheap, but not so much here. Anyways, my sister used to have a used Passat that came from Ontario and it was in great shape & lasted her for a long time. In fact, she would still have it if it wasn't that she needed a bigger vehicle.

I would say go for it. But rather than flying out there to check it out and risk all the cash on that. Try: http://www.apa.ca/template.asp?lang=english

They've got a list of independent shops that do quality inspections. Just get the dealer to take the car to a nearby shop for an inspection and have the inspection faxed directly to you from the shop. That way you will know if it is worthwhile going out there. Also get the dealer to send you the serial number and call up a local Subaru dealer to pull the service history for you.

frostyda9
06-08-2005, 07:23 PM
My guess is that the STi was used as a sports class rally car, and had the shit driven out of it for every one of it's 7500 KM.

heavyD
06-09-2005, 02:37 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90428

This is why you don't buy cheap cars from the east.