PDA

View Full Version : Official NBA Finals Prediction Thread

wildrice
06-06-2005, 08:57 PM
I say we make things interesting. Instead of predicting which team wins the final, we pick who's gonna win each individual game.

Game 1: San Antonio
Game 2: San Antonio
Game 3: Detroit
Game 4: San Antonio
Game 5: Detroit
Game 6: San Antonio

Spurs win it in 6 (4-2).

Althought, I would like the pistons to win 2 straight.
GO PISTONS!

GucciBoy
06-07-2005, 01:47 AM
Game 1: zzz
Game 2: zzz
Game 3: zzz
Game 4: zzz

Team_Mclaren
06-07-2005, 01:57 AM
I hope San Antonio wins in 4!!! GO SPURS!!!

I hate the pistons... thats why

TheXplosion
06-07-2005, 03:47 AM
^ same i hate detroit>>>SPURS IN 4!!!!

tapout
06-07-2005, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by wildrice
I say we make things interesting. Instead of predicting which team wins the final, we pick who's gonna win each individual game.

Game 1: San Antonio
Game 2: San Antonio
Game 3: Detroit
Game 4: San Antonio
Game 5: Detroit
Game 6: San Antonio

Spurs win it in 6 (4-2).

Althought, I would like the pistons to win 2 straight.
GO PISTONS! :werd:

rmk
06-07-2005, 09:10 AM
:werd: spurs all the way. kind of a shame to see the heat go down like they did..

maybe tony parker will bring eva longoria??

ca2p3r
06-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by GucciBoy
Game 1: zzz
Game 2: zzz
Game 3: zzz
Game 4: zzz

:werd: worst finals ever

jumperman8
06-07-2005, 11:12 AM
This final will be so boring

Game 1-SAS
Game 2- SAS
Game 3-DET
Game 4- DET
Game 5- DET
Game 6- SAS
Game 7- DET

Detroit will repeat

Im going to fall asleep during this final for sure, i hate this, 2 years now the final has been weak.

skandalz
06-07-2005, 11:19 AM
I hate both these teams but i'd rather give it up to detroit then Tim Duncan... the big fundamental my ass. more like the big snore.

And because I wanna see if Rasheed buys his team mates replica Stanley Cups because he got them champioship belts last year. Hahahaha :bigpimp: :zzz:

Game 1: Spurs
Game 2: Pistons
Game 3: Pistons
Game 4: Spurs
Game 5: Pistons
Game 6: Pistons

Darko's Stats for this series:

MPG- 2.3
PPG- 0
APG- 0
BPG- 0
RPG- 0

Championships- 2

= Human Victory Cigar

JordanEG6
06-07-2005, 11:24 AM
^^^ :werd: go detroit!! i fuckin hate the spurs. i WAS a laker fan, so ya i always hated the spurs, especially that monotone non-emotional tim duncan...iceman my ass. :rofl: :rofl:

but damn i wanted miami to win, they have the new tag team- wade and shaq. fuck kobe...thats right skandalz, kobe is bakla

skandalz
06-07-2005, 11:39 AM
^^ yah too bad wade tried to pull a kobe from 2 years ago (series against blazers)... only difference kobe pulled through and won that series and took them to the finals... jordan you bastard traitor. you're no better then robert horry.

jumperman8
06-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Wade was hurt more then Kobe i think, but either way, i hate the spurs to, jsut ahte them with a passion

I dont like Detroit either, but i liek Larry, and shit, maybe if he wins thisyear and has two rings he will go to Cleveland to be the president, help my swuad out a little bit.:thumbsup:

skandalz
06-07-2005, 12:14 PM
^^ lets hope they can land michael redd too and keep big Z, then you got a playoff team. :thumbsup:

guessboi
06-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by skandalz

Darko's Stats for this series:

MPG- 2.3
PPG- 0
APG- 0
BPG- 0
RPG- 0

Championships- 2

= Human Victory Cigar

:D lol.

I like detroit, but yeah is gonna be a :zzz: final.

but still gotta cheer for them cuz is one of my favorite teams.

:clap:

jumperman8
06-07-2005, 02:44 PM
^^ lets hope they can land michael redd too and keep big Z, then you got a playoff team. :thumbsup:

True story,m i jsut want to see how unreal Lebron will be come playoffs

And shit, i have loved the Cavs for so long, and when we got lebron i thought we woudl be a playoff team for sure, but the organization is dumb and fired silas.

Anyways,

go Detriot, spurs lick balls

skandalz
06-07-2005, 02:50 PM
lebrons gonna be crazy in the playoffs, especially now that he'll be entering his 3rd season.

can't wait for next season

JordanEG6
06-08-2005, 10:49 AM
^^^ BOOOO jabron lames :thumbsdow

skandalz
06-08-2005, 11:10 AM
^look fagbate this isn't kindergarden and you disputing all my comments isn't gonna make me like you like some little boy pulling some little girls hair in pre-school... so lets do this like men.

i'll meet you at challenger park, bring your yu-gi oh cards, 30 card decks, 5 monsters on the playing field at each time, 20 life points each. last one to survive has the bigger genitalia (yah i know that word, and what?!?!?).

rmk
06-08-2005, 11:25 AM
^look fagbate this isn't kindergarden and you disputing all my comments isn't gonna make me like you like some little boy pulling some little girls hair in pre-school... so lets do this like men.

i'll meet you at challenger park, bring your yu-gi oh cards, 30 card decks, 5 monsters on the playing field at each time, 20 life points each. last one to survive has the bigger genitalia (yah i know that word, and what?!?!?).

whoa, don't take his comment personally or anything.............

they said both teams are defensively based, so might not be too many points scored... oh well, no nhl to watch.

skandalz
06-08-2005, 11:30 AM
^not being serious at all, this guy just likes to agitate me

but yah deffinitely gonna be a boring series :thumbsdow

go pistons

brettg
06-08-2005, 08:38 PM
i dont think the pistons can stop duncan parker and ginobili, like i hate the spurs i really do, i am a heat and wade fan till the day i die but i just dont think that with the spurs playing so well that they will be beat. if wade wasnt hurt and playd like absolut shit in the first half of game 7 then maybe the finals would have been interesting.

either way i hate the pistons so go spurs!

jumperman8
06-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by brettg
i dont think the pistons can stop duncan parker and ginobili, like i hate the spurs i really do, i am a heat and wade fan till the day i die but i just dont think that with the spurs playing so well that they will be beat. if wade wasnt hurt and playd like absolut shit in the first half of game 7 then maybe the finals would have been interesting.

either way i hate the pistons so go spurs!
'

your gay hahahahahahaha

Spurs suck ass, i hate them so much, i hate the pistons to, go detriot the, well go LArry Brown. lol:rofl: :rofl:

brettg
06-08-2005, 08:51 PM
litsen here jumperman8 u no more than anyone that i hate the spurs but i think they will beat the pistons, and ya u better say go larry brown cause i no u hate the pistons. ur just saying that to piss me of. lol.

jumperman8
06-08-2005, 08:58 PM
litsen here jumperman8 u no more than anyone that i hate the spurs but i think they will beat the pistons, and ya u better say go larry brown cause i no u hate the pistons. ur just saying that to piss me of. lol.

:werd:

brettg
06-08-2005, 09:07 PM
dont give me that, lol.

spurs will win it in 6!!

CKY
06-09-2005, 01:59 AM
spurs in 5, and whoever said San Antonio was boring is wrong, they killed Dever, kept up with small ball Seattle, and owned the high power offense Phoenix. They can do anything

ps: find me a good black nba player that speaks more clearly than Duncan, everyone else in the damn league speaks like they have a lazy tounge

jumperman8
06-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by CKY
spurs in 5, and whoever said San Antonio was boring is wrong, they killed Dever, kept up with small ball Seattle, and owned the high power offense Phoenix. They can do anything

ps: find me a good black nba player that speaks more clearly than Duncan, everyone else in the damn league speaks like they have a lazy tounge

If by owned the high powered offense of Pheonix, you mean beating them by an average of 5 points? just wanted to make sure.

jumperman8
06-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by CKY

I forgot one thing, Dunca Studddudddarrrrs to shit. So talk with a lazy tongue, or speak impediment, tough choice. And ya, Listen to billups next time you watch the interviews.

brettg
06-09-2005, 10:33 AM
the may have beat all thoes teams but hey are boring, tell me any of thoes series were good to watch, other than the phoenix series which was only good because youu got to see staudamier and nash play, the spurs are boring as shit to watch, they win, but there boring.

jumperman8
06-09-2005, 10:43 AM
the may have beat all thoes teams but hey are boring, tell me any of thoes series were good to watch, other than the phoenix series which was only good because youu got to see staudamier and nash play, the spurs are boring as shit to watch, they win, but there boring.

Boring, shit, I accaully really enjoy watching Tim Duncan not dunk when he is under the rim, and hit the thirteen foot jumper of the glass. That shit si entertaining. Only play on San Antonio that can even be put in the same sentence as entertaining is Ginobli, cause some of the shots he takes and hits are unreal. Same with Detriot, sure seeing Ben swat a shot once a game is fun, put taht is 5 seconds out of the game. Bottom line, BORING ASS SERIES.

The news casters/sports casters/ proffesional Analysts dont say it will be boring for no reason. It is because it is a defensive battle.

d-UNiT
06-09-2005, 11:00 AM
this is the exact opposite outcome that i expected

i hate detroit
i hate san antonio

i hate nba finals

PGTze
06-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Detriot in 6:dunno:

GucciBoy
06-09-2005, 07:07 PM
I hate both teams, I wont cheer for either.

Bowen = dirtiest player in the game.
Ginobli = biggest flopper

I do like Chauncey Billips though he rocks, so I would say the edge to Detroit.

GucciBoy
06-09-2005, 07:07 PM
How about Alanis on the American Anthem :eek:

RiCE-DaDDy
06-09-2005, 07:15 PM
man the sa pa annoucer sounds like hes 60

i just realized mr big dog cancer is gonna have a ring hahaha

GucciBoy
06-09-2005, 07:29 PM
at least will smith made it good lol, he will be the highlight of the night.

Duncan vs Wallace will be interesting.

mo_virgin
06-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
man the sa pa annoucer sounds like hes 60

i just realized mr big dog cancer is gonna have a ring hahaha

LOL... i forgot he was even on the team.

jumperman8
06-09-2005, 11:40 PM
god what a terrible first game:banghead:

GucciBoy
06-10-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by jumperman8
god what a terrible first game:banghead:

i couldnt even watch after the 1st. I think after each game we all rate from 1-10 how much of a zzz fest it was lol.

Game one was 9/10

skandalz
06-10-2005, 10:10 AM
so far predicitons are true... spurs won game one and it was boring as hell.... except for that 4th quarter run when ginobli went nuts.

see that behind the back fake that billups pulled off (and ripped off from TP), that was nice

what i hated was how each team was being all nice and shit, helping each other up when they got knocked down. its the damn finals. get mean, damn it.

someone needs to run over rasheed's dog so he gets pissed and knocks someone out. next time ginobli takes a flop i think both wallaces should boot fuck his ass. GIVE ME A REASON TO WATCH. :banghead:

brettg
06-10-2005, 10:11 AM
the only reason this game wasnt a total wast of time is because it was close for the most part, as soon as one tem goes up my even 8-10, hit the snooz button, cause all the excitement that could have been there is gone, lets face it DEFENCE SUCKS to watch.

jumperman8
06-10-2005, 10:45 AM
not defence, jsut the Spurs and Pistons, they are the teams everyone loves to hate and nobody likes. Kind of like the Utah Jazz back in 1996

JUST BORING, thank God there was a 1979 NCAA final game on last night as well.

RiCE-DaDDy
06-10-2005, 07:27 PM
it may have less highlight worthy plays, but watching 2 teams fighting with all their heart tryin to win a championship will never be boring. If u have true love for the game, u would feel the same.

Id say pistons is the only real boring team here. If they have the lead its over, but the spurs always look to run.

GucciBoy
06-10-2005, 08:20 PM
GIVE ME A REASON TO WATCH. :banghead:

they should have will smith perform every game LOL.

jumperman8
06-10-2005, 08:21 PM
If I really loved the game, you dont know Love for basketball, believe me, you talking ot someone that eats, breathes and sleeps basketball.

I agree watching two teams play for the championship is entertaining, i watched the game, and i wil watch the rest of the games. I jsut wish that NBA finals was more exciting in scoring, and dunking. Entertainment factor.

jumperman8
06-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Game 2 predictions?

JordanEG6
06-12-2005, 12:55 PM

they should have will smith perform every game LOL.

he said he wanted a reason to watch, not a reason to change the channel. :rofl: :rofl:

brettg
06-12-2005, 01:29 PM
spurs will take game 2 i think, after watching the first game i stick with my origional prediction, i just dont think that the pistons as great as they are on D can stop everyone on the spurs. lets face it if you doube duncan down low, ur gona get killed buy parker and ginobili, so u have to play him one on one, which mean hell get his shot almost every time, and even if hes having a terrable game nazi mohamed has been playing great, and if u through glen robinson into the mix who i didnt no was even still alive, he played well last game, there just so deep. and after saying all that i havent even mentioned Robert Horry, who honestly in the most underrated player in this series cause he does so much for that team.

Spurs in 5!!!

brettg
06-13-2005, 12:36 AM
well another blow out!!
the pistons just cant even seem to come close at this point.
if things dont take a drastic change at home for detroit this could be a sweep no problem.

jumperman8
06-13-2005, 11:16 AM
i say detriot takes 2 at home.:thumbsup:

skandalz
06-13-2005, 12:18 PM
spurs killed detroit in game 2, if the pistons don't rebound in game 3 this series is over.

damn you obe wan ginobli

brettg
06-13-2005, 06:58 PM

after watching the first 2 games i would have to dissagree, they will be lucky to get one, if that. spurs are playing so well right now i could easily see a sweep!!!!!

tapout
06-13-2005, 07:02 PM
i say detriot takes 2 at home.:thumbsup: :werd:

brettg
06-13-2005, 09:37 PM

Ill believe it when i see it!!!!
i smell a sweep!!!

jumperman8
06-13-2005, 11:25 PM
sweep, not going to happen, no way san antonio goes in and takes 2 in detroit, jsut dont see it happening, playing there is liek playing in a diferent country, jsutliek NY is in playoffs..

brettg
06-13-2005, 11:27 PM
no i agree i was saying if detroit doesnt shape up it could be a sweep. i honestly think spurs will win in 5, detroit will win game 3 cause they really have no choice, they will be so pumped in front of their home crowd, but i think the spurs will steal game 4 and win it at home!

jumperman8
06-15-2005, 10:46 AM
pistons = stomp San Antonio at home, hmm pretty sure i called that one. Detriot is a unreal city to play in. Playoff fever like no ones business.:thumbsup:

jumperman8
06-15-2005, 10:48 AM
no i agree i was saying if detroit doesnt shape up it could be a sweep. i honestly think spurs will win in 5, detroit will win game 3 cause they really have no choice, they will be so pumped in front of their home crowd, but i think the spurs will steal game 4 and win it at home!

P.S - NO SWEEP

P.S.S - In 5, after a 20 point loss, i am pretty sure detriot will take 4 and 5 at home, but not sure if they can win it again. and the finals format is 2-3-2, not 2-2-1-1-1.

:thumbsup:

brettg
06-15-2005, 06:27 PM
well aware of that thanks:thumbsup: just wasnt thinking i guess!
i dont know i think this will go back to San Antonio 3-2. pistons will probably get one more at home but i think spurs can deffinately steel one there.

CivicDXR
06-19-2005, 10:57 PM
crazy game tonight... 3-2 Spurs with a win in overtime

finally a very enjoying game to watch... Duncan made a bunch of shitty mistakes, including missing a tip to win the game in regulation time, but Horry just had an incredible game...

I think the Spurs will win the next game to take the championship... the Pistons have their back against the wall with two road games...

jumperman8
06-20-2005, 11:27 AM
fuck i hate horry

brettg
06-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Horry is absolutly amazing, single handedly won that game for the spurs if it wasnt for his 3 pointer with like 1 minute left in regulation they would have lost forsure, and if that dunks wasnt sick enough he ices the game with another 3, just unreal.
MVP of the finals if spurs win, without that win last night they would have been done.

DEREK57
06-20-2005, 08:25 PM
Rasheed is a moron and deserves to be booted off the team. First he tries to blow the game by calling a timeout at the end of regulation. If the refs had aknowledged it, they definetly would have lost right there. Then he leaves one of the leagues most clutch players open to double Ginobili in the corner!??!?! Its over, and its Sheed's fault.

brettg
06-20-2005, 09:13 PM
that whole timout thing was really weird, im almost glad to see it went to overtime, cause it would have been a shitty way to win with a technical free throw with less than a second left. at least with over time a team has to earn it.
and i gota say if duncan would have made any of the ohhh 60 free throws he missed it would have even been close down the stretch, he missed both at the line a couple of times with very little time left, if he could have hit even a couple it probably wouldn't have even gone into OT.

either Horry is a PIMP!!!!

RiCE-DaDDy
06-20-2005, 11:12 PM
OMG what a GREAT GAME!!!

HORRY IS SO COLD BLOODED!!!!!

"I once saw a man FLY!!!!!"
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050620/capt.dtp12706200435.nba_finals_dtp127.jpg

"what?!?!?"
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050620/capt.dtp12806200440.nba_finals_dtp128.jpg

gongSHOW
06-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by CivicDXR
crazy game tonight... 3-2 Spurs with a win in overtime

finally a very enjoying to watch... Duncan made a bunch of shitty mistakes, including missing a tip to win the game in regulation time, but Horry just had an incredible game...

I think the Spurs will win the next game to take the championship... the Pistons have their back against the wall with two road games...

I don't understand how they got called for a foul on Horry's dunk, the guy was out of the restricted zone and i only saw the highlight once, but i didn't look like he was moving. But it seems in the NBA anytime you get dunked on, you get called for the block as well.

mo_virgin
06-21-2005, 04:47 AM
I am struck by a sudden urge to have a #5 Spurs jersey

jumperman8
06-21-2005, 07:37 AM
horrys dunk was shit, he practically laid it in and touched the rim, he blows, not good at all, people talkl liek o, he will match Mjs ring total god for him, he blows, and makes 10 clutch shots in a 20 year career, i wish he was on my team, and horry didnt win that game, the pistons gave itto them by not scoring on abotu 6 straight posessions in ot.

brettg
06-21-2005, 02:33 PM
wow are u a bitter person, horry won that game for the spurs weather u like it or not, we all no how much u hate the spurs and duncan and all the rest of it but without horry in game 5 they would have lost.
Ps.. that was a sick dunk and u no it, lol.

cman
06-21-2005, 06:45 PM
come on detroit, $50 with a spread of 4.0, you better win for me!

jumperman8
06-21-2005, 07:31 PM
wow are u a bitter person, horry won that game for the spurs weather u like it or not, we all no how much u hate the spurs and duncan and all the rest of it but without horry in game 5 they would have lost.
Ps.. that was a sick dunk and u no it, lol.

No that dunk was terrible, he barley got the ball in, look at the replays, he jumped and threw the ball foreward barely touching the rim. ya it was a sick layup, charge though, hit rip center body, rip jsut floped side ways instead of back, so basically tried not to get stepped on. Without Detriot choking in OT the spurs woudl of lost, horry hit a shot, good for him. Billups missed 3 consecutive layups, adn rips last shot was fuckign terrible, either way, Detriot lost and well i dont really care, cause i dont liek either, but spurs, come on, no one likes the spurs.:thumbsdow

Skyline_Addict
06-21-2005, 09:55 PM
wooooo hoooo pistons! game 7!

DEREK57
06-21-2005, 10:16 PM
YES! Spurs look like they might choke. Duncan is an absolute joke now, and in the last game anything could happen.:D

GucciBoy
06-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by DEREK57
YES! Spurs look like they might choke. Duncan is an absolute joke now, and in the last game anything could happen.:D

ya whats up with his FTs :dunno:

cman
06-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by cman
come on detroit, $50 with a spread of 4.0, you better win for me!
thats what im talkin about

GucciBoy
06-22-2005, 06:52 PM
OMG what a GREAT GAME!!!

HORRY IS SO COLD BLOODED!!!!!

"I once saw a man FLY!!!!!"

"what?!?!?"
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050620/capt.dtp12806200440.nba_finals_dtp128.jpg

is it me or does horry look like will smith?hehe seriously

DEREK57
06-22-2005, 09:48 PM

ya whats up with his FTs :dunno: He gets scared. Hes incredibly good, but unlike the great players, when the pressures on he doesnt expect to do well, he just gets scared, you can see it in his eyes.

RiCE-DaDDy
06-22-2005, 09:57 PM
^ haha yea ok man, the dude will be top 20 player of all time.
maybe u forgot his back to back mvps and 2 championships.

jumperman8
06-23-2005, 08:24 PM

maybe top 50, there is alot of good players, he dosent rank in the top 20 i dont think. But no im not listing them out, because that is what i think, i dont need to prove it so dont ask..Go pistons i fucking hate the spurs

habsfan
06-23-2005, 10:06 PM
fucking spurs

RiCE-DaDDy
06-23-2005, 10:15 PM
muahaha in yo face suckas

Ajay
06-23-2005, 10:15 PM

He won't be in the top 20 that's for sure....top 20 clutch players probably...hell even top 5 clutch players I would put Robert Horry up there but theres been and are alot of better players than him.

Was a DAMN good series after the 4th game but was still hoping the Pistons would pull it out. Been following Rich Hamilton since the UConn days.

RiCE-DaDDy
06-23-2005, 10:48 PM
duncan is arguably the best PF ever, that alone can make a case for top 20, if not hes for sure top 50

anyways, in other news, shawn bradley is gonna retire. Guess that tmac dunk really did him in haha

and Qrich gets traded for kurt thomas. good trade by the suns but wtf isiah!??! he should be fired...

2002civic
06-23-2005, 11:25 PM
yay spurs:D

JordanEG6
06-24-2005, 08:23 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :thumbsdow

JordanEG6
06-24-2005, 08:23 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :thumbsdow