PDA

View Full Version : Alberta Merkur Meet; Banff, AB July 9 2005

VTEXTC
06-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Hey folks,

Seems the pressure is on to finalize the details for the Alberta Merkur Meet on July 9 2005. Here is my proposal;

1000 hrs; For the Calgary guys; stage at the Crowfoot chapters parking lot in the NW. For those that were there, this is where last years Turbo Ford meet took place. Members from outside Calgary, read on

1100 hrs; depart for Cochrane AB. Meet at the Canadian Tire parking lot on the west side of town. Members from other parts of AB are welcome to meet us here as well.

1130hrs; grab a quick Tims coffee from nearby and depart for Banff.

1230hrs. Arrive at the Bow Falls parking lot since this is a great place for a picnic/lunch. BYOL, or pop into town if you have to buy. Bow Falls is a mere 3-4 mins from the Town Centre.

1330hrs. Photographs if members wish. Members can line their vehicles up outside the Banff Springs Hotel which always makes for a great picture. Other venues open to suggestion as well.

1430hrs; leave Banff for Calgary (or other destinations for other members)

1530hrs. Arrive back in town!

Hows that for a 2 bit itinerary?? Confirm your attendance by replying here as soon as possible. Keep the reply short and sweet please; i'd prefer not to get off topic.

Lets spread the word about the meet guys. It would be nice to have as many Merks out there as possible. I'm sure the Alberta Merkur Club and S.A.M.A can help drum up some interest as well. If you guys visit other local forums, hyperlink this thread there. Lets get everyone out!

On a final note, I expect that everyone will drive safely from venue to venue, and obey all rules of the road. If there are jackasses out there that wish to speed, show off, or otherwise risk their own and other's personal safety, then do so outside the confines of our little convoy. We don't need our humble club to develop a bad reputation right from the get go.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Asif

Canmorite
06-07-2005, 02:41 PM
By Merks you mean, Mercury?

nismodrifter
06-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
By Merks you mean, Mercury?

he means exactly what he said (Merkur). google = your friend if you have no idea what a Merkur is.

VTEXTC
06-07-2005, 02:47 PM
My apologies folks. Yes, I meant Merkur XR4TIs/Scorpios specifically.

Thats what happens when you cut and paste from one forum to another without proof reading :)

Cheers
Asif