PDA

View Full Version : CD player acting up

Resnostyle
06-07-2005, 08:15 PM
I dunno if im postin in the right place but.... my cd player just decided it wants to act up... so ever few days its keeps ejecting my cds out.. when it plays a cd after a few minutes it starts having static which fades in and out then ill eject the disk and then itll start takin the cds when it wants...

does leavin the cd in the cd player damage the unit? by the way i live in Va Beach... and winters light snow and summers are scorching...

Weapon_R
06-07-2005, 08:45 PM
No leaving the CD should not affect your player. Try cleaning the laser and see if that'll help. It's usually not worth fixing a head unit because it gets pretty pricey.

b_t
06-07-2005, 08:48 PM
what kind of head unit and how old is it? it sounds like it is just calling it quits from old age.

Resnostyle
06-08-2005, 04:31 AM
i gotta stock head unit... mazda... ive been thinkin about gettin a new one but i dont have 100-200 to spend yet.. :banghead: ne opinions about headunits or which satelittle radio is best? and the car is a 2000... so 5 yrs

b_t
06-08-2005, 08:19 AM
your head unit shouldn't be broken already.. I had a car built in 1973 with a radio that worked fine after 30 years (but I guess it could only pick up AM radio).
but what is your budget for a deck? that is a big factor, there are a TON of options for decks out there.

Resnostyle
06-08-2005, 06:21 PM
im thinkin 100-170ish i guess... ive heard to stay away from sonys headunits.... is that true or no?

Resnostyle
06-09-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
No leaving the CD should not affect your player. Try cleaning the laser and see if that'll help. It's usually not worth fixing a head unit because it gets pretty pricey.

how do i clean the laser?

gonefishing
06-17-2005, 03:39 PM
you can buy a "cd cleaning disc" at your local dollar store . its basically a cd with these little brushes on it and you just put it in for around 30sec . i just used one on my headunit and it sounds pretty good again.