PDA

View Full Version : Race city

Charon
06-08-2005, 01:04 AM
I am unfamiliar with race city, and have a bunch of freinds comming into town this weekend. To do anything at race city do you have to wait for an event or is there allways something going on or something to do there ? Most of them race autocross but will not be bringing their cars. Anything like go-karts ? Rentals of some sort ?

b_t
06-08-2005, 08:27 AM
there usually is racing going on, on the weekends. They usually keep the drag racing going at a really steady quick pace, they sometimes have oval racing at the same time too so if somebody breaks on the drag strip and there is oil down you can go over and watch the oval races.
the only thing I know about that they do there, for "rentals," is claimer car racing, and those are only every once and awhile, but you pay $150 to buy one of the claimer cars, bag the hell out of it for the race on the oval, and somebody might buy it off you after the race (so you just raced for free pretty much, in a car you don't care about).

Aleks
06-08-2005, 08:47 AM
Every friday nite there is secret street (street legal cars race quarter mile) and auto-x. Unless it's wet outside of course. it's 5 bux to watch and it's fun to come watch if you're into cars...

Charon
06-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Thanks guys, I was wrong about them not bringing their cars out. They are driving or dragging a Camaro, Cuda, and an RX7. Weather permitting we will be out at race city on friday.