PDA

View Full Version : recovering Word file

gggunit
06-08-2005, 03:51 PM
I was working on a file in word and saved over it and wanted to get back to the old version any way to retrieve that info?

Daxin
06-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Sorry, I don't think you can.

AllGoNoShow
06-09-2005, 10:28 AM
You can but the amount of cash involved if you dont have something liek Unerase wizard with Norton or something, would be more then the time to retype it.

Actually even Unerase wouldnt work because you saved over it. You'd have to get Professional Data Recovery.

atomic
06-09-2005, 01:32 PM
check your temp folders to see if there was an older copy that word didn't delete . 5% chance it's there :P sorry .. what ever version of windows ur using but check %temp and %tmp

JohnDempsey
11-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by gggunit
I was working on a file in word and saved over it and wanted to get back to the old version any way to retrieve that info?

For recovery word docs you may try repair word document (http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/repair_word.html). The program helps you avoid losing word info, which seemed lost forever. Software owns wide features: launches under any software configuration, program has high end, easy to use interface. The tool doesn't require special knowledges for working with it.

rob the knob
11-12-2011, 04:03 PM
i was going to post a post because this happen to me before and the information people at work are able to recover for me.

then i look and this fellow respond to 6 year thread.

Guillermo
11-12-2011, 04:48 PM
^^that's cause he's a fucking spammer. i reported him. :devil: