PDA

View Full Version : White/Red Skyline

MenteL
06-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Looked to be an R32 from behind? :dunno:

Was white with red vinyl graphics and a tall black spoiler. Sounded sweet as hell. Saw it cruising towards downtown on 17th ave se.

3G
06-08-2005, 11:01 PM
It was @ superstore today wish i had my cam

maxdaddy
06-08-2005, 11:03 PM
ohhhhhh thats a crazy skyline i seen it at superstore today

MenteL
06-08-2005, 11:15 PM
All I could do was watch this gift of god cruise by on 17th ave past my work. Oh god, my pants were instantly tight. :drool:

calgarys13
06-08-2005, 11:34 PM
illegal gtr spotting!!!...the guys a total douche...theres been a few threads about him...just search for illegal gtr

canadian_hustla
06-09-2005, 02:51 AM
haha i was just about to post a thread about this

his car is unreal, saw it at Big Easy ~= 2:00 a.m tonight

SICK car.

It is a white and red skyling, black wings west spoiler, no license plate by paper in the window with license number, subs in clear view but are backwards between his front seats, body kit, racing metal bars, stickers everywhere.. one of which said "silent rage"

such a nice car, it also had a intercooler, as well as a sick paint job with sick rims.

I definately had a walk around this beauty.. is it a real GTR? (he had GTR chrome ornaments on both the rear as well as the front of the car)

alpineguy
06-09-2005, 03:17 AM
yes it is a real GTR He was at DTP..

ZorroAMG
06-09-2005, 07:46 AM
I see nothing hot about that car.....seriously---it's a riced out skyline, plain and simple....

mx73someday
06-09-2005, 07:54 AM
I can't believe that car won an award at DTP, the poor workmanship on the 2" exhaust "roll cage" should've cancelled any positive points the car got. And to top it off, the car was imported 1 year before it was legally eligible for import to Canada.

rmk
06-09-2005, 08:32 AM
spotted it from the c-train yesterday at around 5pm, he was heading on macleod towards 17th ave sw. pretty cool car.

edit: also spotted the grey or dark car with pink graphics at timmy ho's on southland and elbow, i think it was sunday.. car drew a crowd.

Mr. Burns
06-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
I see nothing hot about that car.....seriously---it's a riced out skyline, plain and simple.... :werd:

Lo)2enz0
06-09-2005, 03:49 PM
if you pay more attention to it, everything was done cheap. It makes my car look like a piece of art in some ways.

camaro
06-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
if you pay more attention to it, everything was done cheap. It makes my car look like a piece of art in some ways.

ahahahaha

I saw a friggin evo at my school today and i'd take it over some 15 year old riced skyline anyday.

inline6turbo
06-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by rmk
spotted it from the c-train yesterday at around 5pm, he was heading on macleod towards 17th ave sw. pretty cool car.

edit: also spotted the grey or dark car with pink graphics at timmy ho's on southland and elbow, i think it was sunday.. car drew a crowd.

nah it didnt draw a crowd, me and all my friends were just standing outside talking, i go to that timmys religiosly because its just down the street from me. and its metallic black with pink

C4S
06-09-2005, 05:30 PM
:dunno: some people like those 15-20 yr old asian cars .. some like those 10-30 yr old nice European cars (Benz,Bimmer, some alfa etc .. to me, they are hot!) some people like those 40-50 yr old american muscle (that is why some go for $50K + )

Just personal taste .. a 16-17 yr old R32 GTR may not worth $3,000 cad in Japan, but someone may pay $20K for it here, a 20 yr old mustang many not worth $500 here, but may ask $5,000 in Japan yahoo auction... :D

chris
06-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by camaro

ahahahaha

I saw a friggin evo at my school today and i'd take it over some 15 year old riced skyline anyday.
i saw that too, who the fuck was that?
was it just body kit and shit or real deal?

TypeS
06-09-2005, 11:03 PM
i think there have been a couple threads about an evo lurking around town, so it may be real.
as for the white GTR.....imo he should have NEVER touched it from the way it was at the last years VUB show.....it was perfect and he slaughtered it.
At first i thought renee's car with the pink was a little much....but in person its not bad at all, gives a hot car some character.

camaro
06-09-2005, 11:34 PM
its a real evo and laurier talked to the guy. I was going to talk to him but he was on his cell phone when I walked by haha and I was in a hurry.

Hash_man
06-10-2005, 01:17 AM
I was under the impression that the white skyliune with the red graphics, and hackjob interior wasnt even a real gtr... i know there was a big discussion about this at last years v8less show.

GoChris
06-10-2005, 09:44 AM
does it really matter if he imported it a year early? you can do that just not register it cant you? or will they not even let it in the country?

Hollywood
06-10-2005, 10:20 AM
I would have bought an EVO if they had them here in CA.

mx73someday
06-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by GoChris
does it really matter if he imported it a year early? you can do that just not register it cant you? or will they not even let it in the country?

No, it's not allowed on Canadian soil until it's 15 years old. The first GT-R's weren't 15 years old until August 2004, this car was registered in Canada months earlier. It never becomes a legitimate car, even after it ages past 15 years, it'll always be an illegally imported car.

heavyD
06-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
I would have bought an EVO if they had them here in CA.

I saw a silver EVOVIII at the Superstore on Country Hills BLVD & Sarcee trail. It was the real deal, rear wiper, brembo brakes, FMIC. They really do look beautiful in person. The EVOVIII MR I looked at in Salt lake City was absolutely gorgeous.

camaro
06-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

I saw a silver EVOVIII at the Superstore on Country Hills BLVD & Sarcee trail. It was the real deal, rear wiper, brembo brakes, FMIC. They really do look beautiful in person. The EVOVIII MR I looked at in Salt lake City was absolutely gorgeous.

Yup that would be the guy that was at my school. Silver evo 8, its the real deal. His dad drives it.

heavyD
06-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by camaro

Yup that would be the guy that was at my school. Silver evo 8, its the real deal. His dad drives it.

It almost seems unfair that someone could own such a car in Canada and I can't.:cry: Any possibility that they would sell it?:D

Lo)2enz0
06-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Ya, I talked to him about it. Nice car, first I thought it was a lancer that looked like and evo until I started to notice everything.

He said it was a private sale from a guy who brings cars in from the usa, from what he said about this guy, this evoVIII was a low end car for the guy he bought it from. Personally I think there were a couple of rule bent for it, just like this red/white GTR we are suppost to be talking about.

But hey in ontario a guy imported a R33 GT-R, people just find little flaws and us them.

heavyD
06-12-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
Personally I think there were a couple of rule bent for it

I would like to know how to be able to bend these rules as i can't wait until 2007 for an EVO.

MiG_Master
06-12-2005, 06:09 PM
The white skyline is a real GT-R, most of the work was done by Karbz Performance in St. Albert. It was brought in before it was legal to bring them in, and it's a 1990, so it wasn't legal until 9 months ago, had it been brought in properly. There is no aftermarket bodykit on the car, it is stock GTR Nismo package added at the factory.

DJ Lazy
06-12-2005, 06:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/JDigital/P1010903.jpg

I assume you are all talking about this one?

achtung
06-12-2005, 06:23 PM
that thing is riced out, at least loose the graphics.

MiG_Master
06-12-2005, 06:35 PM
I assume you are all talking about this one?
Yep.

googe
06-12-2005, 08:15 PM
im pretty sure there is no rule bending. there is rule breaking, but not bending. in the case of the evo, it could be perfectly legit. there was a window of several months that the evo was legal to import when it first came out. before i bought my sti, i was watching the list waiting for it to become legal and the evo was orignally implied under "all other 2003 vehicles", which was later revised to say EXCEPT lancer evolution.

i woulda snatched some of those up if i would have known theyd soon become highly coveted and unattainable :D