PDA

View Full Version : GPA booster Anyone?

thesith
06-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Wwll just going into my second year of health sciences and I want/need a good GPA booster for my option. I mean a for sure A.

I have taken spanish for 4 years so I was thinking that introductory spanish would work but I would be paying $565 or whatever for an A, and I wouldnt be learning anything new so I want to learn something.

Anyone have any ideas on a course that is interesting and easy?

Celica TVS3
06-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Stick to what you allready know or are allready interested in. It makes courses so much easier and you'll do better in them.

Mckenzie
06-09-2005, 08:04 PM
MUHL 309.11 History of the Rolling Stones. Yes....the History of the Rolling Stones. Incredible class, even better teacher, lots of fun....Automatic A!:thumbsup:

Mad$ella
06-09-2005, 08:30 PM
How about GEOL 209 "rocks for jocks" SUPER EASY i got A+

BebeAphrodite
06-09-2005, 10:47 PM
GLGY 209 is NOT rocks for jocks... the class average was around a C+ IRRC.
There's so much reading in that class - definitely not 'easy'.

As for the Spanish introduction class already knowing Spanish, I knew someone who tried to same thing w/ Chinese. She could read and write it but 'pretended' that she didn't know much.. the teacher caught on and she only got a B ...

badMotoFinga
06-09-2005, 11:20 PM
I know em all .. cuz i thrive off them ..

GRST201 - Bioscientific terminology .. and online course where the quizzes and midterm are done over blackboard ... open book and googleable .. this course is a joke .. seriously .. they started to change it a bit tho .. the final was done on computer in the tri labs .. however you were allowed a cheat sheet ... before everything was done online ... i think this spring semester its all online .. if its all online .. its the easiest A there is

next up is
ASTR201 - Astrology intro ... also an online course .. this was a very interesting class .. pretty much just learn it yourself and read a neat astro book and do online tests open book of course ... the final was written tho so its not as easy as GRST .. but its more interesting

other easy courses are
GEOG213 - geography .. you get to learn a bit bout each part of the world ... the key to makin this class easy is getting the past midterms for the prof .. who for me was Sleazak .. his questions are all the same .. and the material wasnt bad

ECON201 - microeconomics ... BORING AS HELL ... but if you can get the past midterms and finals ... the questions are ALL THE SAME ... easy A ... just get the past exams ... dont even bother going to class

history courses .... history is cool ... some ppl like it .. others dont ... usually just an easy midterm and final and an essay of your choice ... how bad can that be ... i like em ..

hampstor
06-10-2005, 08:06 AM
ASTR201 is ASTRONOMY not ASTROLOGY ;)

though an astrology class would be super easy. If you take this class, take it online! It's super easy online :D

Gainsbarre
06-10-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by hampstor
ASTR201 is ASTRONOMY not ASTROLOGY ;)

And it's ASTR 205, not ASTR 201...

It will only be a GPA booster if you take it from Alfredo Louro (listed as AA LOURO on the InfoNet). I took ASTR 205 from him in Winter 2003, and it was an easy A+. They've really toughened up the other sections taught by different profs, so I've heard.

Chim
06-10-2005, 10:47 AM
I dont think there's such a thing as a GPA booster. I took rocks for jocks, hated the class and couldnt take it seroiusly, and got a B+ (after busting my ass to pull up my grade for the final)

If you take a class you enjoy, an A will come :thumbsup:

badMotoFinga
06-10-2005, 01:24 PM
astrology .. astronomy .. same $hit different pile

yah i might have screwed up the course names ... whatever .. any online course is a GPA booster

thesith
06-10-2005, 01:37 PM
Thanks everyone I think im going to try ECON 201 and not go with the spanish....hopefully that will be decent and I'll learn something worthwhile

RiCE-DaDDy
06-10-2005, 07:29 PM
GEOG 389 (oceania) or any GEOG that concentrate on a certain part of the world