PDA

View Full Version : PhotoRadar Van PWN3D!

Foz
06-09-2005, 09:34 PM
Taken from NASIOC.

"Not to change the topic - but last night on the way home on the Whitemud fwy (in Edmonton) I come accross a Windstar on the shoulder with it's hazards on - knowing full well it was the photo radar van (it's where they always sit at that time of day) I slow down - pull over onto the shoulder - back up to right in front of the van - put on my hazards and get out. I go to the drivers window and see the operator scrmbling out of the back seat. He opens his window and is all 'what do you want' I ask him if he's okay, cause he has his hazards on. He gets real mad and says 'go away this is the photo radar van' - I told him I was just being a courtious motorist and seeing if he needed assistance. At this moment a new vette goes blowing by at about 110 - and a huge flash goes off - taking a picture of my trunk! The operator yells at me to leave. I tell him to turn off his hazards. I go to get back in my car and a pick up goes haulin by and again 'flash' another picture of my trunk.
I laughed all the way home!"

schurchill39
06-09-2005, 09:48 PM
hahaha i love when people do that

~Jody Nicole~
06-09-2005, 09:49 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's awesome!

Weapon_R
06-09-2005, 09:50 PM
It would be even more awesome if the photoradar flashed this guy's trunk twice (and his plate) for the other guys speeding

ecstasy_civic
06-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
It would be even more awesome if the photoradar flashed this guy's trunk twice (and his plate) for the other guys speeding
:rofl:
I was thinking the same thing HAHAHAHA

jumperman8
06-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

HAHAH :werd:

woudl of been funny as shit

asp integra
06-09-2005, 11:41 PM
hahahahahah, thats amazing
next time i drive by a photo radar i am gonna get out and see if the need "help" hahahahah

duffspec
06-10-2005, 06:40 AM
I should try that, but i'm scared of getting my ass shot off. :rofl:

xkon
06-10-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by duffspec
I should try that, but i'm scared of getting my ass shot off. :rofl:

you should be ok, the 'special constables' in the vans don't have guns!

why would they have their hazards on though?

Phy
06-10-2005, 08:30 AM
^To fake you out. Hardly anyone stops for someone with their hazards on, so it's a calculated risk.

djstefan
06-10-2005, 02:12 PM
I heard about some guys who stole the plate from a photoradar van, installed in on their own truck and then went flying by the camera a good dozen times. Gotta find a way to do that someday.

GQBalla
06-10-2005, 02:29 PM
now how would you do that???^^^

Super_Geo
06-10-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
now how would you do that???^^^

Sneak behind the van, remove the plate, put it on your car, speed by the van.

Mad$ella
06-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by djstefan
I heard about some guys who stole the plate from a photoradar van, installed in on their own truck and then went flying by the camera a good dozen times. Gotta find a way to do that someday.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DarkDream
06-10-2005, 05:20 PM
^^^ Yah i remember reading that somewhere... but hahah that would be funny...

Harry
06-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I recently got my $110 ticket. It mostly pictured by those photo radar van. Next time I would happily to help "someone" out of their "hazards on". Wow, where could I get my cash for this ticket?:dunno: :guns:

asp integra
06-10-2005, 05:47 PM
they put the hazzards on to make it look like the pulled over for car trouble or reasons of that nature, also i think by law they have to have thier hazzards on ,

Zero102
06-11-2005, 12:36 AM
I thought it was illegal for them to run photo radar with their hazards on? At that point, it's no longer law enforcement, it's taxation. It's fine for them to run photo radar, but faking broken down is lame. I'm all for busting the people who speed habitually, and severely, but faking broken down... what's next??

Next time I'm getting out to help them too :)

That would be awesome to blow by them with their plate on your car.... You would have to be pretty sneaky, lol.

AllGoNoShow
06-11-2005, 07:16 AM
Thats what i remember reading aswell, it is illegal to put their hazards on because it makes them seem they are havng problems and are broken down or need assistance, giving users a false image of the vehicle pulled over beside them.

TurboMedic
06-11-2005, 07:51 AM
wouldn't this be considered obstruction??

dreamchaser
06-11-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by asp integra
they put the hazzards on to make it look like the pulled over for car trouble or reasons of that nature, also i think by law they have to have thier hazzards on ,
BY LAW you can turn on your hazard *ONLY* in hazardous or emergency situation.

2000TL
06-11-2005, 05:16 PM
I dare someone next time they see the photo radar van with the hazards to call a tow truck and say my van's broken down on the side of the road.:D

Speed_69
06-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by 2000TL
I dare someone next time they see the photo radar van with the hazards to call a tow truck and say my van's broken down on the side of the road.:D
lol i like that one hahahhaha

AllGoNoShow
06-11-2005, 05:52 PM

*raises hand*

I'll do it ;)

Got to love untrackable pay as you go SIM cards ;)

duffspec
06-13-2005, 06:58 AM
^^^ Do it!!! That would be awesome. I'm sure i can pitch in some cash if they give you some stupid ticket for that. :rofl: :thumbsup:

AllGoNoShow
06-13-2005, 08:28 AM
Judge: So your here for... towing a photo radar van away??????
Me: Yes sir
Judge: Why would you do that?
Me: Well sir, he had his hazards on and it was a major road with lots of speeders and crazy people so I thought I would help him out and tow him off the main road so he doesn't get hit.

I doubt I could keep a straight face throught that.

duffspec
06-13-2005, 09:32 AM
Awesome!!!:rofl: :rofl:

2000_SI
06-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
Judge: So your here for... towing a photo radar van away??????
Me: Yes sir
Judge: Why would you do that?
Me: Well sir, he had his hazards on and it was a major road with lots of speeders and crazy people so I thought I would help him out and tow him off the main road so he doesn't get hit.

I doubt I could keep a straight face throught that.

If you said that without laughing... you could probably get away with it.... it would definitly be the best owning EVAR....

RickDaTuner
06-13-2005, 11:01 AM
what funny about this thread is that the camera in the Radar vans sits very high, at about eye leve when you are sitting inside the van, so when the camera took a picture of that speeding vett, it still caught him. Parking infront of a Radar van does nothing, those cameras are no joke

2002civic
06-13-2005, 12:44 PM
if it was close enough im sure it could block it, its high but still inside the van so if a van/truck just as high is really close im sure it would block it,

MiG_Master
06-13-2005, 02:41 PM
If it was at night, it doesn't matter how high the camera is mounted, the flash is mounted low, and would be blocked by anything in front of the van. No flash = no picture.

djstefan
06-13-2005, 05:59 PM

I'll do it. Give them the plate # from the van and everything. I don't even care if he has his hazards on or not. Great idea!

"Hi, my name is Joe Miaz, I am stuck on the side of the road between xxx and xxx with plate # xxx-xxx and would need some assistance. Could you please send a towe truck right away, I am really late for work. Thanks!"

AllGoNoShow
06-13-2005, 06:55 PM
lol we'll both be on the lookout.

Say you will leave $10 as a tip behind the plate if he can get ther within 15-20 mins (before the van leaves)

T-rus
06-13-2005, 09:03 PM
hahaha nice!:rofl:

Foz
06-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
what funny about this thread is that the camera in the Radar vans sits very high, at about eye leve when you are sitting inside the van, so when the camera took a picture of that speeding vett, it still caught him. Parking infront of a Radar van does nothing, those cameras are no joke

The camera is mounted high on the vans, but I've always noticed that the van always have no vehicles parked in front of it.

Only one time I've seen the photo radar van parked with it's hazard warning lights on in Calgary and that was down on 14th street. Tricky SOB.

Hollywood
06-14-2005, 07:42 PM
They other day I seen one with hazards on.

Here is some shiet from HTA; I dont see anything that says they cant use hazards.

113(1) No person shall park a vehicle on a roadway outside an
urban area when it is practicable to park the vehicle off the
roadway and in no event shall a person park a vehicle on the
roadway
(a) unless a clear and unobstructed width opposite the vehicle
is left for free passage of other vehicles on the roadway,
and
(b) unless a clear view of the parked vehicle may be obtained
for a distance of 60 metres along the roadway in both
directions.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), except
(a) when a person's motor vehicle is incapable of moving
under its own power,
(b) when some other emergency arises, or
(c) as is otherwise permitted by law,
no person shall park a vehicle on the roadway, parking lane or
shoulder portions of a primary highway outside an urban area.
(3) No vehicle shall remain at a standstill on a highway outside an
urban area for longer than one minute at any place within 10 metres
of the point of intersection of that highway with any other highway.
(4) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit police
vehicles, ambulances or vehicles engaged in highway repair,
maintenance or inspection work or by employees of the Safety
Branch from parking on the roadway when it is advisable to do so
(a) to prevent accidents,
(b) to give warning of hazards or of persons on the highway,
(c) to remove injured persons,
(d) to repair roadway, or
(e) for any other similar purpose.
(5) Subsection (1) does not prohibit the driver of a vehicle of a
public utility from parking the vehicle on the roadway of a highway
when it is advisable or necessary to do so for the purpose of the
construction, repair, maintenance or inspection of public utility
facilities adjacent to, along, over or under the highway.