PDA

View Full Version : Need beyond members opinions

2.2vtec
06-09-2005, 11:12 PM
I'm might be buying a car from out of province and was wondering if there is anything else I can do, besides doing an inspection at the honda dealership and checking for leins or writeoffs, to help prevent me buying a lemon??? Also can I just put my alberta plate and drive it back?

Redlyne_mr2
06-09-2005, 11:18 PM
A pre purchase inspection is a good idea to help prevent any surprises when you bring it here to get inspected. The car will need insurance right away so you will have to call your insurance company and get it insured. All they need is the VIN. You can then use a current Alberta plate from another vehicle for 14 days from the date of the purchase.

FiveFreshFish
06-09-2005, 11:18 PM
It has to be insured first. Your insurance company can fax you a pink card when you close the deal. You just have to be near a fax machine and it has to be done during business hours.

AllGoNoShow
06-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Talk to your insurance company first.

You need an OOP not just a Safety inspection, costs a little more but is worth it. Check the VIN on carfax or at your local AMA or registry offices i think do it too, check for the leins, flood, accidents etc.. etc..

Don't buy it until you have driven and looked it over. Maybe do half down then the OOP then do the rest of the cash if it shows good, you can also bargain if the OOP fails something.