PDA

View Full Version : Deck Problem?!?

BigBearWest
01-18-2003, 01:24 AM
Well i have had my deck in my car since september. I bought it at the Big 4 sale. Today i was driving and all my trebble cut out and all i got was the sub. I check all the connection and it still does it. What could the problem be?

Thank in advance.

HACHIROKU_4AG
01-18-2003, 12:23 PM
could be blown high level fuse, or fried channels. assume the fuse first.

BigBearWest
01-18-2003, 06:50 PM
where would this fuse be? it cuts in and out thou?

davidI
01-18-2003, 07:00 PM
I'd say re-check the connections and check the ground. Other than that it could be an internal thing.

BigBearWest
01-18-2003, 07:07 PM
that what i thought i checked everything today and it is all fine. i went to sounfdaround they wany want to charge me 40 buck to check the wiring i said it was fine. he said they have to check. this is bull shit

dj_honda
01-18-2003, 11:55 PM
make sure u didnt run ur power line and ur rca's etc. along the same path......they should be kept apart....my buddy ran them to the sub/amp all together and he had the same problem

BigBearWest
01-19-2003, 12:16 AM
really? i have been running all wire together since steptember and it just started. i will try moving the apart. thank

HACHIROKU_4AG
01-19-2003, 04:59 PM
the fuse i'm talking about is a little one on the decks harness. sometimes they keep it in a little black box with the wiring. either way, it's inline.

Illusionsir
01-19-2003, 06:23 PM
Sorry for assuming, but is this a factory deck or aftermarktet??
if its factory just take it back and they will fix it. if its aftermarket,
dont be suprised if its actually the deck itself doing it. not all problems can be solved by replacing fuses. but as said a million times before, check all your connections, and if your full range speakers are amped (factory) make sure the amps ok...

just out of curiosity what kind of vehicle is it??

Originally posted by dj_honda
make sure u didnt run ur power line and ur rca's etc. along the same path......they should be kept apart....my buddy ran them to the sub/amp all together and he had the same problem

BTW this wont do anything like cut sound out all together , all you`ll here is heavy power buzz. wont effect the volume of individual channels at all.

BigBearWest
01-19-2003, 08:51 PM
well it is a 91 Civic. it is an aftermarket deck. i will check eveything again. i will let u know how it truns out.