PDA

View Full Version : Shaw. YMCA Notice

KAVIE
06-10-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey Guys:

If you use the Men’s Locker Room at the Shaw YMCA your stuff is not safe. For the last 2 months, people have being cutting locks and lockers to get your stuff. So far, management has decided not to make the public aware and is not doing a good job at catching the thieves. Therefore, even if you lock your stuff it is not safe, I would not recommend using the lockers change at home.

Thanks

Kavie

Wildcat
06-10-2005, 06:05 PM
whenever i venture there i always carry around my bag and arrive in my gym clothes. too many little rat bastard hoodlums running around there.

Def_3
06-10-2005, 06:08 PM
thanks for the heads up I had no idea, I was there yesterday asked if its safe to keave my gym bag, hey said of course we keep an eye out

Seanith
06-10-2005, 07:27 PM
This is at Shawnessy? Brutal.. as if i need a reason to work out less :rolleyes:

Mckenzie
06-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Yeah I've seen the signs lately. Thanks for the heads up...I'm surprised people have the balls to pull that crap in such a busy place.:thumbsdow :rolleyes:

Phuqu
06-11-2005, 12:44 AM
That's what you get for living in the South.

Mckenzie
06-11-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Phuqu

:rofl: :rofl: You're joking right? I hope you are because I would say if there is any area in the city that I feel safe in it would be the Deep South. The south period besides Forest Lawn and some parts of the SW are very safe neighbourhoods....lol...

'93 SR-V
06-11-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by KAVIE

For the last 2 months, people have being cutting locks and lockers to get your stuff. So far, management has decided not to make the public aware and is not doing a good job at catching the thieves.

I don't know what you're talking about. They've put up signs and put in new cameras (not in the change rooms of course)... But they've had signs up for months.

But it's pretty gay. In the plus change room they have an attendant, maybe they should do the same in the regular change room. But it's kind of crazy, it's a busy place I can't imagine people doing that there, and for what? Your jacket and jeans? Pretty shitty.

5hift
06-11-2005, 02:13 PM
I just find it weird that those change rooms are never empty. If you saw someone with bolt cutters breaking into a locker wouldnt you do something , or at least tell someone who would?

Seanith
06-11-2005, 02:43 PM

:rofl:
In the north they probably don't bother waiting till your gone. They just shank you and take your gear :rofl:

Phuqu
06-11-2005, 02:57 PM
It's the South I tell ya.....

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90620

Mckenzie
06-11-2005, 05:32 PM
It's the South I tell ya.....

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90620

lol...well that seems fairly mild to some of the crap that goes down in the North....its actually kind of funny. I have lived in the south since I was 5 years old and have never had a problem. The North on the other hand is a bit more on the gangsta side of the tracks if you ask me...but to each his own.

Xtrema
06-11-2005, 05:43 PM
I don't thing and public gyms are safe any more.

SAIT now has lockboxes out front by service counter, I think that's probably the best way to encourage people to put valuablable there and limit the locker room to dirty gym clothes.

That's should discourage the thieves.